Dolph

Self censorship (Muslims boycotting Denmark)

Meanwhile in Brussels a young Muslim immigrant published a poster depicting the Virgin Mary with naked breasts. Though the picture has drawn some protest from Catholics (though not from Western embassies, nor from the bishops), this artist need not fear being murdered in the street. On the contrary, he is being subsidised by the Ministry for Culture.

(http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/382)

Well he better have made her have the most beautiful breasts that ever existed...Jesus Christ himself sucked on those! ( as a baby ):)

The US should have never attacked serbians.
The whole premise was that serbians were killing
" ethnic albanians " which was a convieniant statement which was created in order to make the intervention by NATO seem reasonable.

Kosovo is a serbian state and was so for a very long time.

This would be the same scenario as the mexicans taking over Arizona and then the US troops putting down the rebellion.

Then having the Russians bomb the US as a result.?

My solution is this leave the Muslim nations alone to prey on each other as much as they like.

All other countries cut all ties and stop all travel and immigration. quit buying all oil from said countries.
freeze all their assets abroad.

Annihilate any country that attacks the rest of the world or has their own citizens attack them ( control their own criminals ) that is not Muslim ruled.

If any Muslims want to attack or burn or whatever shoot them dead on sight as the criminals they would be as of that point.

LETS FACE IT FOLKS THIS HAS BECOME A WORLD WAR.

I don't like it but it seems they way it's going and it's simple as this if you are not muslim you are an infidel and therefore the rest of us are to either convert to islam or die. The entire population may not want us all dead but those who would differ will never lift a finger to put a stop to this madness.

BY AMMO IN GREAT QUANTITY!B|

I it wasn't for the french the Americans would still be saluting Her Majesty.:D

It was nice of them to help out at Yorktown. But that was more for their own power struggle with the British, then for altruism towards America.

What good have they been since? ;)

This is very disappointing in a case about freedom of speech and the principles of a free press. How the US and the UK can stand on the sidelines when an allie is bullied...

It seems to me that everyone has been bitching about how America stood up to the bullies in Afghanistan and Iraq.

And now you're bitching that we do not stand up to the bullies picking on Denmark.

I wish you guys could make up your minds.

It's Denmark's problem - why should America get involved? I thought the European Union wanted to be more independent from America - well, here's their chance. They don't need America, handle it on their own.

Didn't the Taliban destroy centuries-old stone carvings of Buddha?

Yes they did and they were some of the oldest stone statues that existed.

That's what I'm saying!

Radical muslims destroyed centuries-old stone carvings -- but it was OKAY because they were BUDDHIST. Where was the world saying, "We've got to undo the horrible offense given to the Buddhists"?

Nowhere. Because Buddhists are not notorious for blowing up thousands of innocent people for perceived slights. :S >:(

The world kisses the ass of muslims no matter HOW EVIL their acts, BECAUSE it FEARS those acts repeated.

I think that the safest thing the world could do would be to eradicate muslims. But of course that won't happen, because that would be genocide.

Better to die, piecemeal, at the hands of those we don't want to offend.

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Actually, I do remember a lot of outrage at the time, but only from the non muslim world.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

It seems to me that everyone has been bitching about how America stood up to the bullies in Afghanistan and Iraq.

And now you're bitching that we do not stand up to the bullies picking on Denmark.

No, the bitching is about the fact that we have sent troops every time the US asked for them (two gulf wars + Afghanistan). Now when our embassy is burned and freedom of speech is threatened, the US administration is silent or worse.

Would be nice with at least a declaration of support from the US government.
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

Actually, I do remember a lot of outrage at the time, but only from the non muslim world.

You remember almost correctly. There WAS outrage from much of the Muslim world too, but not from the looney fringe.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

the US has had its allies turn their backs when our flags are burned and we are scorned for simply being the US. Has Denmark done this?

no we havnt but we has always supported US and our Allied,and NEVER agreed in ANY kind of flag burning..

Has the US issued any statements that said we SHOULD censor our media?

nope

Has GWB said anything about the incident?

nope but Clinton has.. he do understand why muslims are that mad at this point,but also says that we NEED our freedom of speach..

I has to add that later yesterday i heard that the US now has taken a step further as our allied supporting us in this mess,im happy to see so.

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I don't have any sources for this in English as yet, but we now have the official and vocal support from the entire EU, UK, USA and NATO. It took a while for the US to revise their statements from Friday but the US ambassador in Denmark is quoted for having renounced earlier American criticism of Denmark made by the State Department in this case.

I suppose this is a good place to say thank you... so thanks guys. :)
(And regarding the NATO support we are not talking about sending bombers anywhere... ;))
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

Who "organized" it and why now?

Jyllands posten publiched it as a point in a debate about freedom of speach

the danish imans took the case in their own hands went on a travel to the middel east to blame Denmark about this,now they has returned and says it wassnt their oppinion to get out of hand,they will help if they can get an appoligy on TV(i dont think-read hope) its gonna happen..

Who would benefit from this?

No one.. thouse who worked for Arla down there we muslims,thouse who dont have butter and milk are muslims..

I used to think that since I live in a Nordic country, I would not have to worry about terrorism etc. I guess that's not a valid statement anymore...

it were a matter of time belive me...:|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

It's Denmark's problem - why should America get involved?

well if you could look back in danish history you would see how much we has supported and helped US.
But i guess you rather have your own kids killed in Afagnistan and Iraqe?
That you didnt liked our support sept 11.???

I thought the European Union wanted to be more independent from America

No dude we just wanted to be a part of democracy not a diktator that US sometimes can apper as..

They don't need America, handle it on their own.

edit as i have calm down:P
And we will but note has been made and wont be forgot..

Im happy to say that on my previus trip that your oppinion is not the standard of US

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

It's Denmark's problem - why should America get involved?

Have to disagree here. Denmark's been a good friend, and even if they hadn't been... I think the US should stand up for what we beleive in regardless of politics. Just a simple statement saying that freedom of the press is crucial to democracy and freedom and that calls for violence and censorship just because one group is offended is unacceptable would suffice. Apparently that has happened now according to a post above this. Good.
Oh, hello again!

Just my 2 eurocents...

As some are suggesting now (different news media etc.) this has gone way beyond the comic trips...

I mean, of course that's how it got started - but now different groups have all kinds of different agendas of their own and they use this incident as a tool to achieve whatever goals they have. It hasn't been about those drawins for a while now...

Let's hope it'll cool off...

So, as you were saying, originally this was perhaps about about the freedom of speech (a bit tasteless - but that's just my opinion). Now it has escalated to something totally different.

It's a shame really. This will most certainly not help different cultures to understand each other...

"They want to test our feelings," protester Mawli Abdul Qahar Abu Israra told the BBC.

"They want to know whether Muslims are extremists or not. Death to them and to their newspapers," he said.

yeah. what he said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4684652.stm:S:S
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Why is it that I am finding all this very comical?? (No pun intended).

Obviously I don't find Death and destruction comical, but at the same time I am secretly smiling hoping that the rest of the world finally wakes up to see these people for what they are.

Look at what happened in France with their Muslim minority, now in Denmark, and now spreading back into the Middle east.

These people are ignorant, violent, and worthless.

Their true colors are beginning to show through. For some reason though people could NOT see them for what they were when they were cutting off heads on the internet, or dragging dead bodys through the streets.....

I supported the wars in the Middle East..., but I too am beginning to think we should just leave and let these gun toting, rock throwing, flag burning, embasy tourching, MORONS kill each other.....

It may be racially charged, but let's think for just one minute..... What would a world without Muslims be like?
It would be a whole hell of a lot more peaceful that much is true....

As someone ofn fox pointed out the other night, there is a piece in a NY Museum depicting Jesus with an erection and a Condom on it.... are Christians outraged???? Yes.
Are they rioting and killing throughout the world??? No!!

Ask yourself Why?

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty