rhino

Not much longer before Israel takes Iran into their own hands.

Note that the French said they could respond nuclearly to any state sponsored terrorism. Are they going to go after Israel if the Israelis bomb Iranian weapons plants? Or are they promising to nuke Iran after Tel Aviv gets a megaton downtown? Unfortunately, the French are in bed with the Iranians like we were with Saddam in the 80's.

We survived over 40 years of cold war with Russia. Surely an entire planet can keep Iran from nuking Tel Aviv. The radical government may want to start the Apocalypse, but the average Iranian just wants to live in peace.

Funny how your life can get hijacked by a leader with a warped agenda, even in this country.

Once the fall out is over, and all of them are dead, the new war would be between nations trying to concur that miserable little piece of real estate called the middle east.

Why did we invent directional drilling? ..So we can take other peoples oil.

Someone dies, someone says how stupid, someone says it was avoidable, someone says how to avoid it, someone calls them an idiot, someone proposes rule chan

Read somewhere that a bunker busting combination nuke could set off their oil fields if placed right.
This could hugely increase profits by ten folding the current price.
Gotta be good for business wiping out the opposition.

Unfortunately, the French are in bed with the Iranians like we were with Saddam in the 80's.

Actually, the French, with the Americans, are the ones who are putting the most pressure on Iran to chill out. The Russians have much more vested interests in Iran and are dragging their feet. Since the terrorists attacks in Paris in the mid-80's, the French have not been on very friendly terms with the Iranian regime. Although I am sure there are some private corporations dealing with Iran, I doubt the French government could be qualified as "being in bed" with Iran.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Oil prices closed Friday at Katrina levels due to this latest Iranian crap, so for starters expect a return to $3 gas, if not much worse. Might be a good year to take up BASE jumping.....

Haven't looked at a map either, so I'm not sure if Iran still borders on Russia the way it used to do with the USSR. But I'm sure it's close enough for Vladi Putin. If anybody out there wonders how the first and second World Wars got started, this is a frightfully good example. It took one Serb with a revolver to spark the powder keg that became WWI.

Israel's going to do what they have to do. What would YOU do if your neighbor started talking about wiping you off the map and called the historic basis for your existence a lie. And was developing nuclear weapons for "peaceful" domestic use when they're one of the world's largest oil producers ? Does anyone actually BELIEVE that Iran needs nuclear power for its domestic energy requirements ? This president of thheirs was personally one of the assholes who seized and held the US Embassy in Teeran back in 1979-80, he's been positively identified by two of the Americans who were held there and remember him. The State Dept hasn't pressed the issue because it's not really that important given the gravity of the present situation, but I believe it's true and it gives us an insight into whhere this asshole is coming from.

There's some serious shit coming down the pike people and it's going to make the last few years look like nothing more than prelude. Make some more skydives while you can.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Note that the French said they could respond nuclearly to any state sponsored terrorism. Are they going to go after Israel if the Israelis bomb Iranian weapons plants? Or are they promising to nuke Iran after Tel Aviv gets a megaton downtown? Unfortunately, the French are in bed with the Iranians like we were with Saddam in the 80's.

The French were also instrumental in Israel's development of their nuclear program, so I have doubts they would respond in that manner, in particular because Israel has the capability to atomize France in retaliation.

The likely retaliation from someone makes the odds of Iran actually using its nukes to be pretty much zero. It just makes them invasion proof.

Of course, those in Tel Aviv aren't as likely to be comfortable with the notion of "pretty much zero" so the odds of them doing something to be sure are much higher than zero. Certainly as justifiable as our preemptive strike on Hussein.

Hydrogen power here we come

Heard a little hydrogen dream. Closed system powered by the sun continually cracking the H2O and reforming it (burner ) .
The tech's already there.........apparently

When it's perfected it'll be bye bye middle east who needs ya. It'll probably be bye bye most of the world's population in the mean time.

If a kid can make a rocketship what can the most powerful people on the planet do?
Whatever they like.

Ya mon,
Has anyone checked out the oil producing sector in the stock market? I have been trading for years and have noticed that the market is a reliable, albeit weird, barometer indicating what's going on in the world. I do not trade oil related stocks,(granted just about everything is oil related) but I can tell you that those who do on average are making steady gains in the past few months. No doubt due to questionable supply and war mongering.
Long term tip of the week; Bio fuels & fuel cells baby!

Did anyone see that explosion??? What ever it was it's a good thing that it landed in that huge smoking crater! Chief Wiggam
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

What would YOU do if your neighbor started talking about wiping you off the map and called the historic basis for your existence a lie..

I'd go over and say, "Hey, Mike... WTF?" And then I'd take one of his beers and we'd keep working whatever project we've been working on.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Seems the regional “games” have begun!

Pipeline Explosions in Southern Russia Called Sabotage
VOA
By Bill Gasperini
Moscow
22 January 2006

Georgian protests near the headquarters of Russian troops in Transcaucasia, demanding the restoration of gas supplies, in Tbilisi
Russian investigators say that sabotage is the likely cause of two explosions at the main natural-gas supply pipeline that goes to neighboring Georgia and Armenia. The flow of gas has been interrupted in the middle of severe cold weather throughout the region.

The explosions occurred on the two branches of the pipeline that carries natural gas from Russia through the Caucasus Mountains to Georgia and then to Armenia.

Officials say they suspect sabotage because there is evidence of some kind of explosive devices at each site.

Alexander Panov is with the prosecutors office in North Ossetia, the region where the pipelines are located.

The material that caused the explosions has not been clearly identified, and the teams are continuing their work, he says.

Russian television showed footage of twisted, blackened pipes on a steep hillside. Teams of experts are now working to repair the damage, and officials say it might be three to four days before service is restored.

Hours after the blasts, a third explosion knocked out a power line carrying electricity to Georgia.

The incidents come in the midst of severe cold which has brought record low temperatures throughout the region.

There are already reports of gas and electricity shortages in Georgia and Armenia, which depend on Russia for much of their energy.

Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili appeared on television and accused Russia of being behind, what he called, these serious acts of sabotage.

He said some Russian politicians have threatened to leave Georgians without light and gas, amid disagreements over Russia's recent decision to double the price both countries must pay for gas.

His comments also reflect tensions between the countries since Georgia's Rose Revolution brought the Western-leaning Mr. Saakashvili to power two-years ago.

Georgian officials say they are trying to replace Russian supplies with gas from neighboring Azerbaijan and Iran, although it is unlikely this can be done quickly.

Armenia's main energy company says it is dipping into gas reserves and that power will be cut to non-essential businesses.

Similar power cuts took place in Russia last week after the Siberian cold front moved in and created soaring demand for gas and power.

Source: http://www.voanews.com/english/2006-01-22-voa25.cfm

Blutarsky 2008. No Prisoners!

This has been talked about on the radio on Coast To Coast AM with George Norry for the past few months. One of his guests seems to think that Israel is going to take out Iran's Nuclear facilities around St. Patrick's day. I remember his guest spoke of the last time Israel's Prime Minister was at the Crawford Ranch last year and he suspects this was discussed.

Chris

Israel is going to take out Iran's Nuclear facilities around St. Patrick's day

Masterstroke! Blame the attack on a bunch of drunken Irish hooligans. “Hey, the Irish are still sleeping it off but we can account for every last bottle of Mogan David, Mr. Secretary General …”

Blutarsky 2008. No Prisoners!

inreply to "Long term tip of the week; Bio fuels & fuel cells baby! '

Where did all the car and trucks and people go?

I've been pedalling down this road for months now and can't find a single person around....just all these abandoned vehichles and open houses.... with little dogs running out occassionally.

heaps of food though ..not hungry... just getting lonely .

if I keep pedalling surely I'll end up finding some-one somewhere.....not like last time ..............

:)

Fear not man, oddly it will be the oil companies that will take over the alternative energy industry...its already happening.BP is getting into bio fuels,others are looking at solar and of course hydrogen, fuel cells are getting a nod as well.Always remember that corporations are interested in profit and once oil becomes more expensive or dangerous to produce than it's worth to burn, the change is gonna come. Besides, even in the Middle East, Allah would not look kindly on those that push the button and not everyone there is a suicide bomber. Additionally westernized countries don't have the balls (or ovaries) to start armageddon. its all just posturing and politics. That being said..... I have to go check on my stash of weapons and food and antibiotics now.

The problem with skydiving is ya gotta be fuckin' nuts, yet perfectly sane.... at the same time.
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

> it will be the oil companies that will take over the alternative energy industry...

Well, the smart ones anyway. Also some other companies, like Cypress Semiconductor and Evergreen Solar. Solar is going to be the next oil, and people are starting to realize there are billions to be made.