peckerhead

Nato to invade Iran?

france
germany

they will lead the charge as they have the most to loose when it is discovered they are the ones helping(selling) the most

they will be backed up by there best allies russia

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

>they will lead the charge as they have the most to loose when it is
>discovered they are the ones helping(selling) the most . . .

Why? They will just claim "oh, that was a different time." We sold weapons to the Mujahideen, nuclear reactors to North Korea and WMD's to Saddam Hussein - and used the same excuse.

I'm really thinking I'm all for this, but I'd prefer they get some empowerment to the opposition within Iran.

I am really surprised that there is not a bigger uprising as a result of the current Iranian's president in regard to his desire to wipe Israel off the face of the earth.:S

Chris

The Iranian "president" (seems like a terrorist with a title to me) has been goading the free world with unveiled threats of nuclear weapons possibilities. Knowing how the Iranian government in past times liked to bullshit it up, they may be farther off then they are leading the world to believe from having a viable firing solution. However, if you wave a plastic revolver in an officer's face and tell 'em your going to shoot 'em, it really doesn't matter whether it was real or not. You shot off your stupid mouth and got yourself taken out.

However, I'd be surprised if the countries in question followed through on any such action. Seems like a lot of countries these days don't have the stomach for armed conflict on a large scale (and may not be willing to make the investment). More insidious though is the possibility that some of these countries don't want to burn bridges for when it comes time to do business with 'em in the future.

"The helicopter approaches closer than any other to fulfillment
of mankind's ancient dreams of a magic carpet" - Igor Sikorsky

so far there doesn't seem to be any push towards actual invasion. I hope that stays. I hope we can finish the shit with Iraq & not have any more wars from the damn neo-cons. Our best hope is to just wait it out & let the Iranian people get sick of this asshole & remove him. Worked with Poland. & Eventually with the USSR.

If we really believe in the Western ideals of democracy, etc., we would do well to live up to those ideals & let the people of those other countries turn towards us out of free will, and not at gunpoint.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

We most certainly have a plan to attack Iran.

That is one of the things our military must do, be prepared. When such contingency plans become public, they can be mistaken for something that was given a green light.

The US military is extremely good at what they are supposed to do.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I just hope it is truly a NATO effort...not just us and GB....oh and I almost forgot....the island nation Palau (sp?) :S

Hey! You forgot about the submarine we (Denmark) sent... to a desert war... Oh wait. It broke... :D

OK To be fair we have our special forces running around in Afghanistan and some peace keeping units in Iraq. However we are not going to be invading Iran as they import all the feta cheese we make. :P
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

However we are not going to be invading Iran as they import all the feta cheese we make. :P

I hear Greece is lobbying Nato to invade Denmark.:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

However we are not going to be invading Iran as they import all the feta cheese we make. :P

I hear Greece is lobbying Nato to invade Denmark.:|

No, they just got EU to bar us from calling it feta...

I'm sure you'll get back at them when they start exporting rød grød med fløde...!:P

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I'm sure you'll get back at them when they start exporting rød grød med fløde...!:P

No, we'll just sit back and have a good laugh when they try to pronounce it. :D

We most certainly have a plan to attack Iran.

That is one of the things our military must do...

Of course. Every military in the world has a (small) department dedicated to planning all sorts of insanities! a bare bones of objectives & logistics that's updated every so often based on the correlation of available forces and ready to be dusted off "Just In Case!"

For example, there is definitely a British Plan to invade France (no surprise there, it's basically the same one we've used since 1314 & it still worked fine when Britain last invaded France in 1944:ph34r:).

I'm sure that there's a similar French plan to invade Britain (:D:D:D:D:D - always assuming that they've come up with something that might work for once)!

There's only 2 problems with these Planning Cells:

1. (small problem): The public gets to hear about a plan - in which case it becomes an slight embarrassment which is understood by the professional governments of both sides.

2. (MAJOR BIG FECK OFF PROBLEM WIFF MASSIVE BRASS KNOBS): Some politician gets to see one of the plans and decides; "Ooh!... That's Shiny!:)"

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

First of all, I would like to say that fighting in Afghanistan, there is a HUGE group of coalition forces from all over the world. Its not just the GB and the US. A lot of people have a hand in it.

As for Nato invading Iran, personally I think that would be one of the worst decisions made by any leader. Think about Germany trying to fight on 2 fronts. They failed. Here we are, fighting on 2 and to have a third added on it would strech our forces that much thinner...
I dont think it will happen any time soon. But, personally, if it does, you had better believe, I will be glad to take up another deployment. Its my duty, and my privilage to be a soldier. Any day, any time, I volunteer to take up arms from my country...

A man will do anything for the right woman,
and when that woman destroys him,
that man will become a hunk of meat with the common sense of a rodeo clown! ~ Christopher Titus

It will make the invasion of Iraq look like a picnic by comparison.

Would you like cornichons with your paté?:)

Sounds good to me.........

Most Iranians are fed up with the hard line fundamentalists...............it somewhere on the order of 70-80% want liberalization and 20-30% or less want a fundamentalist Islamic state.........bad news is,most of the guys with the guns are in the 20-30% group:(

So I think waiting it out is a good idea........the Iranian people will eventually pu their own house in order;)
Marc SCR 6046 SCS 3004

So I think waiting it out is a good idea........the Iranian people will eventually pu their own house in order;)

Yep, great idea. And some countries will be making sure they don't end up with nukes regardless of who's running the government. ;)

I doubt protracted war can result from concentrated strikes on Iran's nuclear dev sites unless Russia joins in. And if that happened, we'd have armaggedon before the end of 2006.

Hey . . . wait a minute . . . :o

. . =(_8^(1)

This would greatly surprise me. I don't think many of the NATO countries would consider it. The current Iranian president does seem to be out of his freaking mind, though, so perhaps the thought of a nuclear armed madman willing to give support to terrorists is weighing a bit on the European mind.

:S
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Sounds good to me.........

Most Iranians are fed up with the hard line fundamentalists...............it somewhere on the order of 70-80% want liberalization and 20-30% or less want a fundamentalist Islamic state.........bad news is,most of the guys with the guns are in the 20-30% group:(

The World simply does not have the balls to do what it takes to solve these problems of Iraq and Iran........It was wrong to remove Saddam and it is wrong to leave this Iranian thug in power.;)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

>Invade Iran? Like that is a good idea.

Be more like an Israelly air strike, possibly a US cruise missle strike as well. Probably will not involve boots on the ground.

Also all this talk of possible armed conflict is designed to let Iran know that they better start talking in working toward a solution or there will be a nuclear reactor going up in smoke as well as several other targets of interest.

To be certain Israel will not wait, and will attack at a moment of their choosing.