sundevil777

Brokeback mountain...

John Wayne and Randolph Scott must be turning over in their graves in disgust.

The Duke maybe, but Randolph Scott was as queer as a three-dollar bill.

(And yes, I am not guessing -- there is plenty of "evidence" to be found.)

So where does that leave your sanctimonious statement?

Not necessarily doubting you but are these the same people who say that Lincoln was gay?

Hey Michael doodie-head when are you going to be in San Diego next so we can fight over who gets to buy the first round?

That's a good question... I was SUPPOSED to be out there this coming week for therapeutic training. However, it didn't pan out... So I'm pushin for a visit out there maybe after my NEW RIG is done, which will be mid feb. Prolly not before then. Sorry...

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

You just admitted to kissing guys so don't give me that no kiss pass crap :P

Jobs going great so far (knock on wood) The people are Great.

All right, we can do ONE kiss pass, but NO TONGUE! B|

That's no problem 'cause you'd have to want to tongue me pretty bad to get through my full face helmet :P
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

You just admitted to kissing guys so don't give me that no kiss pass crap :P

Jobs going great so far (knock on wood) The people are Great.

All right, we can do ONE kiss pass, but NO TONGUE! B|

That's no problem 'cause you'd have to want to tongue me pretty bad to get through my full face helmet :P

well you bring up a good point... my new rig is coming w/ a full face bonehead mamba... so i guess it'll be a head-butt pass instead, eh?

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Hey Michael doodie-head when are you going to be in San Diego next so we can fight over who gets to buy the first round?

That's a good question... I was SUPPOSED to be out there this coming week for therapeutic training. However, it didn't pan out... So I'm pushin for a visit out there maybe after my NEW RIG is done, which will be mid feb. Prolly not before then. Sorry...

He did the same thing to me, Keith.

He's nothing more than a tease.
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

In a gay world, straight people would be treated with respect.

That is merely a speculative remark on your behalf. You don't know how straight people would be treated in a gay world so you cannot make that remark in good faith. I don't understand all of this "I am gay....hear me roar" stuff. You don't hear the straights rowing and crowing over heterosexaul movies....i don't get it. What's the point.

Stop playing the "victem" and be a player.

All of this whining is boring.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

In a gay world, straight people would be treated with respect.

That is merely a speculative remark on your behalf. You don't know how straight people would be treated in a gay world so you cannot make that remark in good faith. I don't understand all of this "I am gay....hear me roar" stuff. You don't hear the straights rowing and crowing over heterosexaul movies....i don't get it. What's the point.

Stop playing the "victem" and be a player.

All of this whining is boring.

It would take me pages to explain what's wrong with what you just wrote.

So all I'm going to say is, "Wow. You've got to be kidding."

:S

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

I could make the same remark about your response to my post. No one knows (Yes, not even you rl) how things would go FOR SURE...unless society was that way. Other than that it is nothing more than speculation....pure speculation.

Unless someone has real and personal knowledge of a circumstance, or can control the outcome of a certain situation, the original remark in narcimund's post makes no sense.

It would be like me saying "All homeless people would be shown great respect in a communist society" Speculation, nothing more....nothing less.
-Richard-

I could make the same remark about your response to my post. No one knows (Yes, not even you rl) how things would go FOR SURE...unless society was that way. Other than that it is nothing more than speculation....pure speculation.

This part I agree with to a certain extent. Sorry if I wasn't clear. Actually, I think there are examples, and I think the only truth is that it's never good to be in the minority anywhere you happen to be.

It's the rest of what you wrote above that gave me a headache.

rl

I think who is treated with respect by whom has actually a great deal to do with what people are used to, what has happened, and was it originally that way? If everyone started out gay, and there were the few straight odd ones out, I think a lot of people ( as there are here ) would not treat them respectfully, though it may be gained after time.

Personally, I think some people that say straights would be treated with great respect are basing it on the fact that they know what it is like to NOT be treated that way. If they didn't know what it was like .. who's to say?

Regardless, referring to brokeback mountain .. I am not gay, but I do have friends that are - and if someone isn't comfortable with watching that movie -- don't.
Rise to the Challenge

I think the only truth is that it's never good to be in the minority anywhere you happen to be.

This remark gives me a migrain headache. How in the world can you make such a remark? Minorities have, and have had the market cornered on jobs, loans, want me to go on? It is definitely an advantage to be a minority, and a female on top of that. My wife is an HR manager at a large insurance agency, some of the stories she's told me have made me sick. If you go in for an interview for a job and your a minority, you definitely have the advantage over the majority candidate with the same credentials strictly because they'll scream descrimination if they don't get the assignment. RL, do you dissagree with this? Because if you do, it renders your earlier response nothing more than more speculative remarks.

If you make a remark, you should make sure it passes the "smell test" first before you make it.
-Richard-

Personally, I think some people that say straights would be treated with great respect are basing it on the fact that they know what it is like to NOT be treated that way. If they didn't know what it was like .. who's to say?

I was trying to make humor. Sorry it didn't work. :)

. . =(_8^(1)

He did the same thing to me, Keith.

He's nothing more than a tease.

dammit. i've been outed. fuck.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Personally, I think gay guys rock!!!

My personal fantasy, and I have had this one for a very long time, is for every guy on the planet (except me, of course) to be gay.

Naturally, in this fantasy world the ladies would be straight, hot and desperate.

Guys kissing is a good thing. The more, the merrier!

Walt

>gays will continue to face seeming bigotry/hatred in part, I
>believe, because a normal display of affection is simply repulsive.

That's not seeming bigotry/hatred, it _is_ bigotry/hatred. An act of hate towards someone isn't mitigated by what causes it.

Who said anything about an act of hate.

For instance, if I turn away when I see a gay couple kiss while watching a TV show, and I am watching it with a guy that I don't know to be gay, I think it likely that the gay man will consider that to be bigotry/hatred all by itself.

It doesn't mean I treated that person poorly, except that they are witness to my reaction.

Unfortunately, many gays want to be more than just out of the closet, they want to be out in the street waving their arms, and then are surprised when they are not welcomed by the public with open arms.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am