sundevil777

Brokeback mountain...

God created Adam and Eve, NOT Adam and STEVE

Not worth responding to for the zillionth repetition, but I did think it funny enough to add this:

There's a really charming play called The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told which is about exactly this :)

It deals with "the lives of Adam and Steve — and Jane and Mabel — from the Creation to the first brunch."

First Class Citizen Twice Over

The few things I've heard about him don't impress me. And I'm pretty sure he and I don't mean the same thing when we say "smart sex."

Can you make that remark without reading his book? Think about it, since you haven't read the book, in theory you may even think the same as he does. Who knows?

In theory now!
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

DAMN. rl: that was a little graphic, wasn't it? or am i just getting old?

If more people spoke plainly, there would be fewer misunderstandings in the world. Would you have been better with it if I had used words like fellatio, cunnilingus, , vagina, penis and clitoris? I can go back and edit, using all the correct terms, if it'll help.

You're really having a rough day, baby. No more blow jobs, and it's causing you to age at a rapid rate. :D

rl

P.S. to Airtwardo: Nice try. :D
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

[reply
Your mind has argued that irrational revulsion, oppression, discrimination, and hatred of minorities is inevitable.

My mind has argued that it's not.

And now anyone who reads our words can compare our minds and choose their favorite.

Again, how/why is it that gays intrinsicly are better? Remember this must be thought of in the hypothetical that gays have not been subject to the discrimination that they have experienced.

I understand that you would like to believe that gays would be above that, but what do you have to base it on? How gays currently treat anybody doesn't apply, because they have a set of experiences that would not be present in my hypothetical. If you think the hypothetical is not important, so be it, but that is the scenario that so many want to avoid.

Somehow gays are above that, I think not.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

in theory you may even think the same as he does. Who knows?

Theoretically, yes. But unrestrained skepticism leads to really tedious freshman philosophy student conferences.

One can -- and should -- tentatively adopt pretty well justified assumptions when going through life. It's best not to cement them in stone of course.

I've never heard of "Dr. Phil" but I can just guess -- since he's called "Dr" and he's on TV and popular -- that he talks about fairly easy topics and gives them just a slight punch of thoughtfulness. I'm going to GUESS that his book "Smart Sex" is about making sex better in a way that daytime TV will promote.

If I'm wrong, I'd very gladly put aside that tentative guess and be glad for more accurate info.

Very few people know how to do that. Very very few.

The few things I've heard about him don't impress me. And I'm pretty sure he and I don't mean the same thing when we say "smart sex."

Can you make that remark without reading his book? Think about it, since you haven't read the book, in theory you may even think the same as he does. Who knows?

In theory now!

Well, then, why don't you enlighten me. I'm not going to read his book, and unless it says that it's okay for consenting adults to have whatever kind of sex they feel like, as long as all of them are really smart, then I don't think we have a meeting of the minds.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

In a gay world, straight people would be treated with respect.

That is merely a speculative remark on your behalf. You don't know how straight people would be treated in a gay world so you cannot make that remark in good faith.

How about this instead: In the gay world, straight people are treated with respect. That's quite evident to anyone who spends any time with gay people. And it would seem to justify a belief in the other, admittedly speculative, remark.

What about this poor guy?

Walt

I understand that you would like to believe that gays would be above that, but what do you have to base it on?

Wow. I'm really impressed. That was a great, thoughtful post.

In reality, my one-liner that started all this ("In a gay world straight people would be treated with respect.") is so full of untraceable assumptions and hypotheticals that it's complete nonsense. I know this and obviously you do too.

I don't think the category of gay people is necessarily intrinsically less prone to oppression than the category of straight people. But then I don't blame straight people as a group for the horrors a lot of gay people suffer. Instead I blame the category of people who like to oppress, no matter what excuse they can find for doing so.

I haven't found a lot of that kind of person in the gay community so far. They probably exist but they are very rare, at least in my experience. They're pretty rare in the straight world as well, but common enough to cause a lot of trouble.

Maybe the percentages are equal though. I haven't looked closely enough to say.

Hey, if gays want to be gay, cool, i just don't want to be subjected to it in any forum anywhere anytime. The same way i don't broadcast how much "Tail" i pull in. This movie is a definite slap in the face to "BREEDERS"

Yep, gay people should make the same kinds of absolutely non sexual movies that straight people do, like 50 First Dates, American Pie, Love Actually and Busty Sluts IV. Give me a fucking break, you don't want to be subjected to it? Don't pay 5 bucks to go into the cinema and watch it. Is that really such a difficult concept[:/].

Or was it just a simple matter of gays keeping it quite because of the fear of something else? I guess now that women have burned their bras and make more $$$ than men do and blacks have the same, if not more rights than caucasians do, is now just "Prime Time" to make noise?

Again, what the hell are you talking about. Just because there weren't lots of gay activists on the street back then (in the days they could expect to be beaten up, thrown in jail or maybe even killed for being gay) now it is hypocritical to come into the open making films with gay characters in it?

Man, you are from a different planet.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Again, what the hell are you talking about. Just because there weren't lots of gay activists on the street back then (in the days "they" could expect to be beaten up, thrown in jail or maybe even killed for being gay)

Why could "they" expect to be beaten, taken to jail etc....back then, and not now? What the hell are YOU talking about? What makes you think this isn't still going on? Wake up and smell the coffee. It wasn't even 3 years ago a colledge student from Wyoming was beaten to death. Then there was a soldier that was beaten to death with a baseball bat in his own barracks for dating a, well, whatever she-he was. Thus rendering your remark benign. If you think gay bashing isn't still going on, well, your wrong. Pull your head out of the sand. I don't condone it and i don't participate in any of the activities, but it's still going on.

now it is hypocritical to come into the open making films with gay characters in it?

No, i didn't say that. Please don't take my remarks out of context by interpreting them with your own "spin" on them. That's your BS, not mine.

Man, you are from a different planet.

Yeah, i'm from Ork. Nano - Nano. >:(

Are you really this dumb? :o I'll be back to litigate with you later, much later. I have a REALLY important discussion elsewhere about a dog named nigger.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

If you think gay bashing isn't still going on, well, your wrong.

Of course I don't. Hell just reading this thread can make me see that.

What I will say is the nevironment now is almost certainly better for gay people than it was back in the time you brought up. So why do you think it is bad that gay films are being made now that weren't being made then?

Were you simply insinuating that they are jumping on the bandwagon of equal rights?

"Ah Dun tol' you we shudna let dem wimmin an' coloureds go free! Now the dang queers tink dey can make movies!"

Most gays I know just want the same rights as anyone else, and want to live their lives undisturbed. If that's "out in the street waving their arms" - so be it. I'd be out there protesting too if they didn't allow Irish/Italian men to marry US women.

I think that is a worthless analogy. Of course wanting to live their lives undisturbed is not "out in the street waving their arms".

OK, here is an example of "being so far out of the closet that they are out in the street waving their arms":

http://stopgaydays.com/index.html

Some of the photos are obviously in a private setting, such as someone's hotel, but a lot are obviously not.

Do you think an organization of hetro swingers could have a day such as this at Disney behaving similarly? I think not.

Of course gays still face discrimination and hatred. However, they are so powerful and protected as a class that Disney can't muster the courage to deny them this opportunity to 'show their pride'.

If gays don't realize that this shit hurts their cause, they should think again.

Some might discredit the information because it is from a religious group. Please discredit the info and not the source if possible. Maybe the entire site is a fabrication, but after seeing the gay pride float during the Christmas parade the last couple years on TV, I don't believe it.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

In a gay world, straight people would be treated with tremendous respect.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Yeah, because without straight people there would be no one to populate the world with gay people.

Humans are the only species on this planet that are gay! Ever seen two gay love birds? Squrrels? Bears?
I don't think so. But....there are some deviations from God's plan, like seahorses.

So I can under stand it, I may not be willing to accept the fack that some man finds anothers hairy has as sexy, or that gay's deserve the title of minority. I think I'm gonna get flammed over this.
Then there the metrosexual thing, where strait men act as gay to attract wemon, It's just crazy.

Someone dies, someone says how stupid, someone says it was avoidable, someone says how to avoid it, someone calls them an idiot, someone proposes rule chan

"Ah Dun tol' you we shudna let dem wimmin an' coloureds go free! Now the dang queers tink dey can make movies!"

Of course they can make movies. I don't think that has been a point of contention.

Did anybody else catch the parody of the movie on Saturday Night Live the last couple of weekends?

The writers of the show must love having that kind of material to use for their skits. I did indeed laugh my ass off. :D

Humans are the only species on this planet that are gay!

It is claimed that it has been observed in primates.

Of course they can make movies. I don't think that has been a point of contention.

i just don't want to be subjected to it in any forum anywhere anytime. The same way i don't broadcast how much "Tail" i pull in. This movie is a definite slap in the face to "BREEDERS"

Can / Should.

Close enough.

I am not really that interested but I would be willing to change my opion about humans being the only ones on the planet as being gay if you can prove it. I do not mean one isolated event, is there a group of primates that are gay, and if so how dose that species survive with out the capability of reproduction?

Someone dies, someone says how stupid, someone says it was avoidable, someone says how to avoid it, someone calls them an idiot, someone proposes rule chan