Pendejo

Bush takes the blame

[url]http://today.reuters.com/news/NewsArticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2005-09-13T160922Z_01_EIC358139_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-KATRINA-BUSH-RESPONSIBILITY-DC.XML

Wow... I can't believe this hasn't been posted here yet. I can't wait to hear all the pro bush and anti bush comments about this one!

Pendejo

He who swoops the ditch and does not get out buys the BEER!!

I am very glad to see him actaully saying something was his fault.

Everyone errs in life. Its the person who does not admit it that I a skeptical of. Which is why I have been so skeptical of bush before.

This is a good step.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Takes a big man to say you're wrong..... Good start George.

You know, this already is Georgie's 2nd turn, right?
How many turns will he need to learn, how quick and efficient decisions have to be done? His (wrong) decisions could kill people (and still do every day), btw.

I just don't get it! :S

That man is the president of super power No. 1 in the world and get's excuses like Little Joe in the morning, missing the school bus, as he just promised his teacher, never to do this again.....Good start, Little Joe!

Good start, George!:S It's a "long" start, isn't it?

[:/]

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Takes a big man to say you're wrong..... Good start George.

How many turns will he need to learn, how quick and efficient decisions have to be done? His (wrong) decisions could kill people (and still do every day), btw.

I just don't get it! :S

That man is the president of super power No. 1 in the world and get's excuses like Little Joe in the morning, missing the school bus, as he just promised his teacher, never to do this again.....Good start, Little Joe!

Good start, George!:S It's a "long" start, isn't it?

[:/]

was turning out to be a pretty decent thread until... [:/]

-the artist formerly known as sinker

I hear you (it's also good to be unsure[:/]), but - One step at at time.... the direction is at least right.. we should remember that.

The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones

- Julius Caesar

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I hear you (it's also good to be unsure[:/]), but - One step at at time.... the direction is at least right.. we should remember that.

The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones

- Julius Caesar

what a GREAT quote! (your sig line too!:D)

-the artist formerly known as sinker

How many turns will he need to learn, how quick and efficient decisions have to be done?

It's actually somewhat amazing. GWB has a fairly recent history of being quick and decisive on issues.

His (wrong) decisions could kill people (and still do every day), btw.

Yep. A pretty hefty responsibility, eh? I suppose he could have gotten the staff together and went through a fews days gaming the decision-making process in the event a hurricane submerges NOLA. Unfortunately, he's got other work to do. The only way to build good decision-making is to drill it to the point where it is a "drill" - it requires no thought. This simply cannot be done for everything.

"Make a decision, right or wrong." GWB didn't have the luxury of floating a trial balloon on this, and there were bad decisions made from the top (GWB) on down to the bottom (many of those remaining in NOLA).

That man is the president of super power No. 1 in the world and get's excuses like Little Joe in the morning, missing the school bus, as he just promised his teacher, never to do this again.....Good start, Little Joe

Yep, and he said he and his executive department fucked up. It's nice to see that he didn't simply reserve the blame for his underlings, as has been the case throughout history. While President of the largest superpower, he's still a man - a human being who makes mistakes.

You must think very highly of his talents and abilities if you think he can operate mistake-free.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

You must think very highly of his talents and abilities if you think he can operate mistake-free.

No. I don't. He proves I may not.

Just remembering several threads where youngsters/kids were doomed until eternity by oh so many posters! as they made wrong decisions in the age of 15.... I only can walk away and scratch my head in disbelief. :S

Let me simply repeat the main point of my post:

How many times again will (American/other) posters nod, saying: fine! Another mistake/another wrong decision! BUT: He confirmed of being wrong! Let's go on! All is OK.

Every company would fire an employee like that.

:o

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Now that's a good sign. Good for him! Taking responsibility for a mistake is the first step towards making sure it doesn't happen again.

As much as I want to believe this is a good thing, I am having trouble with it. It seems like a fight with my wife when I just cave and say "fine, it was all me". So what? Is he going to fire himself? I can't help but think this is just to get the finger pointers to quiet down before the next big thing he is going to have to do. Seems pretty easy when there is no consequence.

You're right when you suggest that all is NOT O.K.. but sometimes, just sometimes you need to give some credit if credit is due.
I'm NO fan of their Prez, and he still has loads of questions and actions to answer to.. but let's just hear him our before shooting him down in flames for every action or inaction that he makes. [I hope this makes some sense]

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Hi Folks

I'm willing to wait a while to see what GW does to clean up all of these loose ends "war on terror":S katrina, national debt etc.

Time will tell if GW goes down in the history books as a great president or just a president.

Is it true GW won't be running for reelection

R.I.P.

Now that's a good sign. Good for him! Taking responsibility for a mistake is the first step towards making sure it doesn't happen again.

agreed.

Wish it happened earlier...but maybe this is a good sign for the remainder of his term?

Is it true GW won't be running for reelection

- He only gets 2 terms (or 10 years)- isn't that correct?.

If a VP is elevated to Pres and the remainder of that term exceeds 2 years, then he only get 1 additional term. In all other cases it's 2 terms. That's how they get 10 years max (2 maximum as elevated VP followed by 2 full terms elected). Perhaps there are scenarios where one could serve a couple partials as elevated VPs, but once you run directly, you have to have less than 6 years in your tally to be allowed to run (for either pres or VP positions - some will argue about the VP part of this parenthetical, but the requirements for VP are identical to those for pres).

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

This is first time NO got hit with a hurricane with GW as president with such catastrophic results.

So your point is what? that the federal and local and state governments acted too slow? Yes we all know that and GW has been the better of any of them and taken the blame.

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.