Hooknswoop

I wish the price of gas in the UK would DOUBLE overnight

thank you, I agree. I'm so tired of hearing well in so in so we pay 150 a gallon! I know the price in the US is low, but when the price doubles, i dont care if its 30 cents a gallon or 10 dollers a gallon, its still double what u budget.

I do feel sorry for everyone that their gas is that expensive, but their government has set it up that way as a deterent to driving... we havent, ever. so we are set up as a society to be relient on vehicles. and when that cost doubles, its a strain!
----
-God, you are the perfect amount of dumb...

Why?

I'm guessing because you wished something bad to happen to them, so they wished something bad to happen to you. Eye for an eye sort of thing.

Derek

Wasnt tough to figure out was it?B|

Does anyone bother to read what people write in this forum? I actually stated many times that although my post was intentionally inflammatory, that i would welcome a DECREASE in petrol prices in the US, as long as people drive cars that get at least 25 mpg or something else reasonable. If you want a big gas consuming monster, then yes, i think there is more resonsibility on your to pay more for your pleasure that costs us all.

I don't wish anything bad on anyone - i just think some people need to understand the associated costs, financial or otherwise, of such carefree, widespread petrol consumption, in the US AND elsewhere, and yes that's the UK too.

The difference is here, we pay the price for our consumption by paying 3-4 times what is paid for there. The associated costs of filling the tank force us to think about using less, or make us use less.

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

Does anyone bother to read what people write in this forum? I actually stated many times that although my post was intentionally inflammatory..

Hmmm...intentionally inflammatory post...yet you have the nerve to arrogantly question whether anyone here actually read your post after receiving inflamed responses. Makes perfect nonsense. If you have a point to make, it is best to do so in a polite manner. If you would rather be offensive, don't pretend to take offense. Sit back, relax and suck it up.

FallRate

Does anyone bother to read what people write in this forum? I actually stated many times that although my post was intentionally inflammatory..

Hmmm...intentionally inflammatory post...yet you have the nerve to arrogantly question whether anyone here actually read your post after receiving inflamed responses. Makes perfect nonsense. If you have a point to make, it is best to do so in a polite manner. If you would rather be offensive, don't pretend to take offense. Sit back, relax and suck it up.

FallRate

That;s funny, i could have sworn this was Speakers Corner. I thought inflammatory posts were almost de rigeur?

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

Deal. My MINI gets about 30 mpg. Can I start sending you my receipts for gasoline, and getting reimbursed?

Ooooh! I wanna' get in on that! My Ford ZX2 averages about 29 in the city and 36 on the highway.B|
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

If you want a big gas consuming monster, then yes, i think there is more resonsibility on your to pay more for your pleasure that costs us all.

Look, if you really cared you would quit skydiving. Everytime you jump you make Joe eco-citizen pay more for his gas.

Put up or shut up.:)

Me? I'll drive whatever the fuck I like, thank you very much.B|

>If you want a big gas consuming monster, then yes, i think there is
> more resonsibility on your to pay more for your pleasure that costs
> us all.

I think the fairest thing possible would be to put everyone on an equal footing. Close the SUV loophole and let everyone buy whatever they want and spend as much money on gas as they want. Just don't bitch when gas is $4/gallon; the reason it is $4/gallon is that monster in the driveway.

Does anyone bother to read what people write in this forum?

no! but peanut butter and marshmellow tastes delish when toasted.
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

...i would welcome a DECREASE in petrol prices in the US, as long as people drive cars that get at least 25 mpg or something else reasonable.

Deal. My MINI gets about 30 mpg. Can I start sending you my receipts for gasoline, and getting reimbursed?

Dude, if i had the financial backing of the US govt, i would certainly tell you to send 'em on over! Unfortunately as it stands i can barely afford to put gas into my own car right now.

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

>If you want a big gas consuming monster, then yes, i think there is
> more resonsibility on your to pay more for your pleasure that costs
> us all.

I think the fairest thing possible would be to put everyone on an equal footing. Close the SUV loophole and let everyone buy whatever they want and spend as much money on gas as they want. Just don't bitch when gas is $4/gallon; the reason it is $4/gallon is that monster in the driveway.

I think that's the point i was trying to make in my original post, but i didn't really make it very well :S

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

>Just don't bitch when gas is $4/gallon; the reason it is $4/gallon is that monster in the driveway.

And when everyone is getting 40+ mpg and the price is STILL $4/g then what will you blame? If someone gets low mileage they pay more because they buy more.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

And when everyone is getting 40+ mpg and the price is STILL $4/g then what will you blame?

No one should mind at that point cos if they used to drive a 20mpg guzzler and now drive a 40mpg car they are paying just as much at the pumps as when gas was $2/g.

If someone gets low mileage they pay more because they buy more.

So don't buy more. There's no reason at all to drive more than when gas was cheap just because they have a car which gets 40pmg. If they drive the same amount as when they had $2 gass and a 20mpg guzzler then they pay the same. No one forces them to drive more than when gas was cheap.

>Just don't bitch when gas is $4/gallon; the reason it is $4/gallon is that monster in the driveway.

And when everyone is getting 40+ mpg and the price is STILL $4/g then what will you blame? If someone gets low mileage they pay more because they buy more.

That's just supposition. What I know for a fact is the folks who drive guzzlers cause the price of gas to rise FOR ME TOO.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.