freeryde13

tough guys huh?

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/iraq/la-fg-civilians25jul25,0,815578.story?coll=la-home-headlines

As very sad and disturbing as that story is, I can easily understand why it happens. Americans in Iraq are targets every single moment they are there.

Who wouldn't be very, very paranoid in a situation like that?

Walt

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/iraq/la-fg-civilians25jul25,0,815578.story?coll=la-home-headlines

As very sad and disturbing as that story is, I can easily understand why it happens. Americans in Iraq are targets every single moment they are there.

Walt

Who has more right to be on the streets in Iraq, an Iraqi citizen or a member of an uninvited foreign occupation force?

Getting to sound more and more like France in 1943.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

At the same moment, a U.S. military convoy emerged from an underpass. Apparently believing the men were staging an ambush, the Americans fired, killing one passenger and wounding the other. The sedan's driver was hit in the head by two bullet fragments.

The soldiers drove on without stopping

I guess that U.S military convoy, didn´t have the time to stop and capture the injured guy if he was indeed a terrorist, or help the innocent civilian if it was indded another mistake.

"The reason they shot us is just because the Americans are reckless," the general said from his hospital bed hours after the July 6 shooting, his head wrapped in a white bandage. "Nobody punishes them or blames them."

Yep, what has been the biggest sentence to a U.S soldier since the beggining of the Iraq invasion? (a joke no matter what the crime)
Haven´t anyone thought why most of the world smiles (laugh) when the american government speak about justice?

Police in Baghdad say they have received reports that U.S. forces killed 33 unarmed civilians and injured 45 in the capital between May 1 and July 12 — an average of nearly one fatality every two days. This does not include incidents that occurred elsewhere in the country or were not reported to the police.

Not bad, Sadam Husein would be proud. I wonder who learned from who considering that SH was bed mate with the U.S.

"Of course the shootings will increase support for the opposition," said Farraji, 49, who was named a police general with U.S. approval. "The hatred of the Americans has increased. I myself hate them."

Of course, many people who before were not as extremists and radical to become terrorist are now giving that big step to get revenge.
Some people (republican mostly) don´t get that they are losing this war because of that. You are getting more and more terrorists, both from Iraq and from other countries (countries that by the way are allies of the U.S, like Pakistan and Morocco)
How long can you stay in Irak? till you go bankrupt, or an international conflict with NK or China forces you to relocate all your military?.
If you keep killing innocent civilians, you will need more and more troops to deal with the insurgency, only to leave a debastated country when you pull out like Vietnam.

Heavily armed private security contractors, who number in the tens of thousands, also are authorized by the U.S. government to use deadly force to protect themselves.

One contractor who works for the U.S. government and saw a colleague killed in a suicide bombing said it was better to shoot an innocent person than to risk being killed.

"I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by six," said the contractor, who insisted that he not be identified by name because he was not authorized to speak to the media.

The use of mercenaries in an armed conflict that are so unproffesional (cowards), will only make things worse for your cause. First of all, they are being paid much more that the "professional" forces (not good for moral) and second they are not holding themselves to the same standard that the soldiers. Funny when those four mercenaries were executed how the U.S. media picture them as civilians.

The U.S. military says it investigates all shootings by American personnel that result in death. But U.S. Brig. Gen. Don Alston, spokesman for the multinational force in Iraq, said he was unaware of any soldier disciplined for shooting a civilian at a checkpoint or in traffic. Findings are seldom made public.

Considering that those findings would boost the moral of the iraqui army, the iraqui civilians, and the international opinion about the U.S if made public, it seems like not much is being done.

Let the flame begin.

Ah, I forget that it is all the media fault.

The use of mercenaries in an armed conflict that are so unproffesional (cowards),

I'd like to see you call them cowards
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Walt

I think we understand that, but the problem is we chose to invade. Our government decided to invade Iraq and put are troops in harms way. The innocent people we have killed did not have a choice.
No wonder we are hated.

I think the biggest problem is the lack of give a shit. It seems if an Iraqi gets killed no one even cares. How do you just kill a bunch of people and just drive away? I guess an Iraqi life is not worth the same as an American life in the troops eyes.

Sad. I always wonder how much shit we don’t hear about.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

The use of mercenaries in an armed conflict that are so unproffesional (cowards),

He just did Ron. ;)
But Ron might be right make sure you don’t have a tan when you do call them any thing, or even decide to walk by them. They might kill you and whoever you are walking with just for fun.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To

He just did Ron.

I'd like to see him do it face to face, not with the bravery that hiding behind a keyboard brings.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I'd like to see him do it face to face, not with the bravery that hiding behind a keyboard brings.

So does strength make one more right? And fear should make you less likely to give an opinion. Heck of a system, that one.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

So does strength make one more right? And fear should make you less likely to give an opinion. Heck of a system, that one.

If you are going to call someone a "coward" you should be willing to do it TO them.

Being behind a keyboard some have the strength of knowing they never have to actually DO anything.

If a person is the kind of person that will only talk shit behind people's backs or from the saftey of a computer, then they should not talk shit at all.

Is it a better system to make snide remarks and act big when you are hiding behind a computer?

Ill give you a real world example.

I had a ex-GF and her current was visiting. So, out of respect for her and a guy coming to my home DZ and trying to make it more comfertable for all, I went and spent time on the ranch and didn't jump that weekend.

Well he proceded to tell everyone I was a "coward" for "Running away". OK, so I tried to be nice...And he started to talk trash from safely behind his computer.

So the next time he was in town, I walked right up to him and asked, "So, I am a coward?"

He sat there with his mouth open like a big mouth bass out of water. Saying nothing, doing nothing....After about a minute, I said..."Thought so." and walked off.

He then continued to insult me behind the security of a computer, but his true colors showed that day.

I always recomend to people not to type what they will not say in person.

This is just such a case. I know several contractors....They are not the kind of guys I consider to be "Cowards" and I very much doubt he would have the balls to say that to them....So maybe he should not say it from safely hidden behind a computer.

Of course most guys I know would do what I did, them walk off laughing...Like I did.

BTW, I got the girl back.;)

If a person is the kind of person that will only talk shit behind people's backs or from the saftey of a computer, then they should not talk shit at all.

Are you seriously suggesting Ron that people should not say something for fear of being beaten up by the subject?

Ron, strangely enough I concurr with Wendy's assesment. I understand your frustration with someone that shows hatred for anything USA, and is pro-Nambla.

I can only see the irony of not attacking the real notion of the true threat we live under, anyone, any race, anywhere in this world because these extremists. Instead of offering a solution, it is effortless for him to be an armchair quarterback.

I was surprised for him telling me that being part of the US Army and training in the US, with very few months under active duty, that this in no way counts for his superior knowledge of how our armed forces rigorously emphasize in teaching us the ROE's and the Geneva convention, as well as procedures of reporting the misdeeds under armed conflict. He obviously prefer to side with people who like to blow innocents and adjudicate all the innocent deaths to US personnel...:|:S.

Flame on!!!
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Are you seriously suggesting Ron that people should not say something for fear of being beaten up by the subject?

No, what I am saying is that if you feel strong enough about something you should be willing to say it TO the person face to face...Otherwise you don't feel strongly enough about it and maybe you should just keep quiet.

I am saying if you really believe something you should be willing to face the folks that want to beat you up for what you think face to face and not hide.

No, what I am saying is that if you feel strong enough about something you should be willing to say it TO the person face to face...Otherwise you don't feel strongly enough about it and maybe you should just keep quiet.

I am saying if you really believe something you should be willing to face the folks that want to beat you up for what you think face to face and not hide.

Does that go for Iraqis as well Ron? Might be a little tough for them since they seem to be getting shot for standing on the sidewalk.....

Ron, strangely enough I concurr with Wendy's assesment. I understand your frustration with someone that shows hatred for anything USA, and is pro-Nambla.

Actually, my comments had nothing to do with "anti-US" anything.

It was about how people will make comments on line that they would not be willing to say to someones face.

His comment about the contractors being "cowards" is a perfect example.

Does that go for Iraqis as well Ron?

Sure..If you believe in something you should stand up for it...

I don't think you would understand.

>No, what I am saying is that if you feel strong enough about
> something you should be willing to say it TO the person face to
> face...Otherwise you don't feel strongly enough about it and maybe
> you should just keep quiet.

Ron, you're just as bad as anyone else here. You've called the Philippines cowards for pulling out of Iraq. Your words were, I believe, "the terrorist's bitches." You would not walk up to a member of the Philippine military on a Luzon street and call him a coward.

Ron, you're just as bad as anyone else here. You've called the Philippines cowards for pulling out of Iraq. Your words were, I believe, "the terrorist's bitches." You would not walk up to a member of the Philippine military on a Luzon street and call him a coward.

Well you show your lack of military knowledge again.

Its not the soldier that pulled out, it was the Government...And yes, I would call the man who made the call a coward.

I bet you were the kind of guy that spits on soldiers when you have a problem with US policy.

>No, what I am saying is that if you feel strong enough about
> something you should be willing to say it TO the person face to
> face...Otherwise you don't feel strongly enough about it and maybe
> you should just keep quiet.

Members of the Phillipine Military were not the ones who made the decision. It was the Politicians. I bet Ron would be willing to call them Terrorist Bitches to their faces.

You are right, but please don't forget to mention they are also being blown to pieces when buying groceries, praying, and doing all sorts of things too, by other foreigners without uniforms.....
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

I can think of many better words for someone who would assult someone who calls them a name.

Do you have a good word for a guy that talks big, but only when he will never have to back anything up?

Also you will notice I didn't hit they guy that called me a coward....I did ask him if thats what he said.