freeryde13

tough guys huh?

If you didn't care, why bother responding to me?

You'll note my post wasn't really a response, other than asking that you keep with the topic. But I'd actually be interested to see what you have to say about it Ron.

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

More and more innocent people are dying in Iraq because the American troops are shooting first and not bothering to ask questions later. There is little to no repercussions to their actions. This thread is about that.

Is there a way, besides simply pulling out, to improve the situation? Pulling out will mean the death of other innocents (because yes, there will be a bloodbath in some places). On the other hand, kill a few each day and they add up after awhile, too :(.

The US doesn't want to look like it's cut and run, but, well, what serves the greatest good best?. I don't mean US's perception in the world at large -- that's not the greatest good necessarily. A reasonably peaceful and free -- on its own terms -- Iraq is the goal here, right?

We're not improving the terrorist situation. The only way we can have qualified people over there to help is to protect them (otherwise we run out of qualified people who are willing to go very quickly). No good answers, are there?

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Are you freakin kidding me? You really don't even read the news do you?

What are the repercussions to US soldiers or protection folks for shooting situations that get out of control, particularly if deaths are involved? I'm not trying to bait you (I don't really do that), I just don't really know.

I know that the penalty for doing nothing can be death. That's not a good penalty. But we didn't go into Iraq to have a noticeable number of people in a long-term kill-or-be-killed situation. I hope.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

And SkyDekker had it right. There was a huge IF attached to that statement. And Darius didn't even bring Clay up - Ron did.

Ah he said that Contractors were cowards. No *If* in there.

The use of mercenaries in an armed conflict that are so unproffesional (cowards),--Daruis

And

I not only think there cowards I think there scum. Money for blood I have no respect for that.
If they really believed in the so-called cause they would have joined right?--Darius

Later he tried to get all PC by saying *If*....But he did not start that way.

Dude you losing touch with reality again.

I just went over every one of my posts, Not once did I say contractors are scum.

I said mercenaries who will kill for money.
You really need to pay attention to what people are saying.

Maybe that’s why we never agree you never really read my posts;)

To you Lisa. I don’t give a fuck who you’re with. Blind loyalty is stupid.
Learn to read all the facts before jumping to conclusions.

I bet you didn’t even read the original article?

But whatever.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

There is little to no repercussions to their actions.

Are you freakin kidding me? You really don't even read the news do you?:S

Lol. I mean there are little to no repercussions to the individual soldier for shooting an innocent. (You may be reading my post as there is no repercussion to their being there... which is a topic entirely for another thread.)

It has been asked now, three times, what the worst punishment issued to a troop for such a crime and there has been no anwer.

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Bite me, it isnt blind loyality, I know what he does and I know why he does it. Theres a big difference between contractors and military, there are many reasons one chooses to join each path , but YOU are sitting at home on your computer bitching about things u know nothing about and people u know nothing about.

Ron is one of the few voices of reason, love ya man lol
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

You'll note my post wasn't really a response, other than asking that you keep with the topic. But I'd actually be interested to see what you have to say about it Ron.

On why they might not have stopped:

Could be:

1. They were jackasses.
2. They had a mission to go from point "A" to "B" wth "X".
3. They were told to not stop since a nice big convoy is a GREAT target.

Some default to #1....WAY to often while daming anyone that thinks otherwise.

I tend to go with #3 to be honest.

As for what I think about the whole thing:
***Depends on the situation. If it is as the article wrote...then its wrong. I don't blindly defend our troops. I DO give them the benefit of the doubt.
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1749276#1749276
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

All,

I am locking this thread.

This is getting way too personal.

Arguing in abstract is ok. Taking specific members of our DZ.com community and targeting them is not cool, regardless of their occupation or location.

If you want to start another thread about the issue, that's fine. If anyone gets back into specific discussions about other posters here, I'll start banning people from this forum without additional warnings.

This place gives us a great way to treat each other as individual people--even the one's we wouldn't normally interact with. Let's not get that turned around by treating the individuals as stereotypes.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com