Duckwater

Excecution of Iraq Chopper Shoot Down Survivor

Islam is a really f-ed up religion

Try not to tar the billions of peaceful Muslims with the same brush as these insurgents.

Murdering doctors who perform abortions in cold blood - Christianity is a really fucked up religion.

See what I did there?

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

Gods Law? Islam is a really f-ed up religion. I have seen the video, they murdered this guy in cold blood.
--

Do you remember that marine that murder an "insurgent" because he thought he was playing dead? He was labeled as a hero by some posters here. I bet the guys who downed the helicopter and executed the survivors are seen as heroes by some people in Iraq.
You know, one man´s freedom fighter is another man´s terrorist.

Do you remember that marine that murder an "insurgent" because he thought he was playing dead?

No. Although that could just be that I didn't see that thread.

I do remember a marine who killed an insurgent because the wounded insurgent had been judged by a medic to be beyond all hope of saving. Just as illegal but a slight moral distinction in my opinion at least.

I'm not sure it's a particularly great comparator for this situation though.

Also... wasn't this thread longer a minute ago?

Most Muslims are good hard working people. It's the damn militants who twist the Koran around to serve their own fucked up agendas... They're not true Muslims...

For what it's worth, every religion has got their own shenanigans...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Gods Law? Islam is a really f-ed up religion. I have seen the video, they murdered this guy in cold blood.
--

Do you remember that marine that murder an "insurgent" because he thought he was playing dead? He was labeled as a hero by some posters here. I bet the guys who downed the helicopter and executed the survivors are seen as heroes by some people in Iraq.
You know, one man´s freedom fighter is another man´s terrorist.

O.K now this is a shit argument. First off the insurgent that was shot as he lay on the ground had been put there because he was shooting at US solders. The tactic of "playing dead" had at that point been used by many insurgents to wound US solders. These folks were not begging for help as the guy from the chopper was.

Not only that, the Marine was in a direct combat environment where people were trying to kill him. There's no evidence that the insurgents were in a environment where people were presently trying to kill them. This was no different that when they were beheading people last summer.

Not only that, the Marine was in a direct combat environment where people were trying to kill him. There's no evidence that the insurgents were in a environment where people were presently trying to kill them. This was no different that when they were beheading people last summer.

Wow! A real "killer" argument! Nevertheless, it did not convince me at all.

Basics were quite the same.

Additionally, that marine was fully armed in a house which is not his house in front of a wounded citizen of that country which did not invite him to come along and kill whatever is moving in front of invador.
:|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additionally, that marine was fully armed in a house which is not his house in front of a wounded citizen of that country which did not invite him to come along and kill whatever is moving in front of invador.

Wow you really don't get it. They are not close to the same.

1. A group of armed soldiers recieved fire from a house. They clear the house, and by doing so they shoot a man that was just shooting at them. He is clearly "Playing dead", not surrendering or begging for his life. Several "Bad guys" have played dead before and ended up detonating an IED and killed soldiers. So a soldier shot him since it was clear he was "playing dead".

2. A group flying in a helo go down. This helicopter is NOT engaged ina firefight. This survivor is wounded (One thing in common) and begging for aid....They kill him.

If you can't see the CLEAR idfference between shooting a guy that was just trying to kill you and is now trying to decieve you vs a guy that survived a crash and is begging for aid.

You will never get it...Look pat your hate of the invasion and try to see the facts presented.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Ron, "no reply" is my reply to you.

Thats how it is...

Spout an uneducated opinion, and when called on it...Shut up and run?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Ron, "no reply" is my reply to you.

Thats how it is...

Spout an uneducated opinion, and when called on it...Shut up and run?

No, Ron. I never run away. You know I promised you, never ever again to reply to one of your posts. Sometimes, I'm too just weak, I'm afraid :)

Believe me, I do not shut up. And BTW: I am not uneducated, you know? ;)

Anyhow, what I said is my opinion. You have your own.
:)
B|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

BTW: I am not uneducated, you know?

You claimed two totally disimilar situations...One where a guy was just trying to kill someone but was now pretending to be dead, and another where a survivor of a crash was begging for aid are the same

That seems quite uneducated to me.

BTW While I don't support what these guys did to the UNARMED, WOUNDED, NON COMBATANT...

I can't expect them to uphold any code of honor.

Do you remember that marine that murder an "insurgent" because he thought he was playing dead?

Are you honestly telling me you can't see the difference between the two situations?! I've always respected your points of view on other posts, even though I didn't always agree with them, but I'm really kind of disgusted that people can't differentiate the two situations here...

And FYI, the initial reports are that the person shot wasn't even an American, so I'm not just 'defending my own' - I'm defending the poor guy that was clearly unarmed, injured, and begging for help, regardless of nationality.

Jeff
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

It's somewhat like a point of view, isn't it?

Ok, maybe it's that you just don't understand what the Marine was afraid of:

Wounded enemy soldiers had been pretending to be dead, but were laying on grenades or other explosives. When they were searched (and/or helped), they would roll the grenade out.

Are wounded U.S. soldiers known to walk around with their hands up in the air, asking for help, then attack? No, they aren't. Since there's no precedent of this, I don't see how you can defend this action.

If the Iraqi you're referring to was laying on the ground, and begging for help with outstretched arms, and then the Marine shot him - you probably wouldn't see us on here calling him a 'hero'... probably quite the contrary.

In a nutshell, the Iraqi that was killed several months back posed a very real threat to the soldiers. The wounded pilot, asking for help, did not.

Jeff
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

It's somewhat like a point of view, isn't it?

Ok, maybe it's that you just don't understand what the Marine was afraid of:

Wounded enemy soldiers had been pretending to be dead, but were laying on grenades or other explosives. When they were searched (and/or helped), they would roll the grenade out.

Are wounded U.S. soldiers known to walk around with their hands up in the air, asking for help, then attack? No, they aren't. Since there's no precedent of this, I don't see how you can defend this action.

If the Iraqi you're referring to was laying on the ground, and begging for help with outstretched arms, and then the Marine shot him - you probably wouldn't see us on here calling him a 'hero'... probably quite the contrary.

In a nutshell, the Iraqi that was killed several months back posed a very real threat to the soldiers. The wounded pilot, asking for help, did not.

Jeff

Face it folks. She thinks every atrocity is the fault of the U.S.

Face it folks. She thinks every atrocity is the fault of the U.S.

Hey guy, you think you know what I think? Nope. Unfortunately, I never met you. So pls stop pretending you can read my mind.

But I met plenty of folks in the world, Europe, Asia, Canada (I lived more than 10 yrs over there), even the US ! etc... the world is sooo huge, I tell you.

Looking forward having the chance to hit you on a DZ, where ever it might be.

:P

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Looking forward having the chance to hit you on a DZ, where ever it might be.

:P

That was a boo-boo.

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

:|

Good points. Glad some people have the ability to see both sides of the coin.
It’s crazy the marine who shot an injured man was a hero but this guy is a scumbag.
WOW no hypocrisy they’re at all.

For the record I totally understand not replaying to certain people on here. Why waist your time. They already know everything about everything and are never wrong

Edit to add this: I think it is fucked up to execute anyone you don't have too I see it as no different then cold hearted murder.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain