rhino

They shouldn't let this fucker even wear the uniform...

Mentaly ill or not he'll be executed I reckon. Still with a weapon ample ammo, grenades and the element of suprise the best he could manage was two dead, (of course its good he didn't kill more) but pretty lame effort.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Agreed. I do believe the English language lacks obscenities vile enough to describe my feelings towards this individual. German, Japanese, and Spanish as well.

:S
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

"Akbar"? It's too bad for him he isn't white, his name isn't Bob White, and he doesn't worship a white person's white god. Hang him!

oh, so he's probably going to executed b/c of his race? give me a break.

-the artist formerly known as sinker

"Akbar"? It's too bad for him he isn't white, his name isn't Bob White, and he doesn't worship a white person's white god. Hang him!

It matters not what his name is or who he worships. His actions cannot be overlooked because he is a muslim. He'll get what he deserves unless the bleeding hearts get involved. I only hope that his punishment fits his crime

He murdered an Air Force Major and an Army Captain. He deserves to die. The fact that he is Muslim matters not.

P.S. Does being Muslim make Inmate Akbar a 3rd Class Citizen?

defendant was sufficiently mentally ill — though not insane — to be confused and fearful about the impending invasion of Iraq

Almost the perfect Catch-22 is it not? If you're confused and fearful about an impending invasion, surely that proves your sanity?

O geeze.....

This is all I needed to read:

An Army sergeant was convicted Thursday by a military jury of premeditated murder and attempted murder in a grenade and rifle attack that killed two of his comrades and wounded 14 others in Kuwait during the opening days of the Iraq war.

Nothing in that says "Muslim".

You need to get over your "Victim complex"
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Being fair, even if he was copping crap for being a Muslim nothing excuses his actions. You wear the uniform and you fight to the death to defend the man beside you wearing the same uniform even if you don't like him. This is treason in anyones books and deserving of a firing squad. He knew that when he took his action, it's the price he has to pay.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Nothing in that says "Muslim"

This bit dose

Prosecutors say Akbar told investigators he launched the attack because he was concerned U.S. troops would kill fellow Muslims in Iraq. They said he coolly carried out the attack to achieve "maximum carnage" on his comrades in the 101st Airborne Division

"be honest with yourself. Why do I want to go smaller? It is not going to make my penis longer." ~Brian Germain, on downsizing

Nothing in that says "Muslim"

This bit dose[sic]

Prosecutors say Akbar told investigators he launched the attack because he was concerned U.S. troops would kill fellow Muslims in Iraq. They said he coolly carried out the attack to achieve "maximum carnage" on his comrades in the 101st Airborne Division

Then he's a murderous traitor, end of story.

Re-read my post:

This is all I needed to read:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An Army sergeant was convicted Thursday by a military jury of premeditated murder and attempted murder in a grenade and rifle attack that killed two of his comrades and wounded 14 others in Kuwait during the opening days of the Iraq war.

Nothing in that says "Muslim".

A guy tried to kill a bunch of soldiers. His religion is not important to the facts of the case.

Add ANY other religion and it would not change my mind.

Some on here seem to think he is being persecuted for being Muslim....No, in this case it would not matter what religion he is.

He is a murderer.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

***A guy tried to kill a bunch of soldiers. His religion is not important to the facts of the case.

Add ANY other religion and it would not change my mind.

Some on here seem to think he is being persecuted for being Muslim....No, in this case it would not matter what religion he is.

He is a murderer.

Absolutely.......

Thank you,Ron;)
Marc SCR 6046 SCS 3004

Having been in the camp during the attack and working with 1 of the dead and several of the woudned prior to and after, please let me say this;

His fears and religion became an issue AFTER his capture and was brought up mostly by his mother in the press.

There probably lots of info we heard at the time that did not come out during the trial, such is the Amercian legal system. What I know from being there and what I have heard has no place here.

The fact is he took an oath, violated it by stealing arms and munitions, killed his fellow service men and then tried to use his religion as a plea for mental instability.

Thank You,
Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

His fears and religion became an issue AFTER his capture and was brought up mostly by his mother in the press. ..... and then tried to use his religion as a plea for mental instability.

Does anybody really doubt this is the real truth?

thanks, Matt

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

oh, so he's probably going to executed b/c of his race? give me a break.

Welcome to the victim mentality. ;)

. . =(_8^(1)

You need to get over your "Victim complex"

I don't think it's so much a victim complex, but there are a lot of Muslims out there that seem to think that the war in Iraq is a war on Islam.

Hard to believe that otherwise intelligent people could really believe that, but I think it's a widely-held belief.

Assuming that the original poster was not simply trolling, I would like for him to post his views and why he feels that way.

Having said all that, if the guy did the crime, he needs to suffer the consequences.

Walt

Yeah, your absolutely right, only white, male, Christians, should be punished for their crimes.

In regards to your tag line, I don't know what that chip on your shoulder is from, but get over it. Your implication is extremely racist. If you're going to call yourself a 'Second class citizen', don't be upset when people treat you like one....

Jeff
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

I don't think it's so much a victim complex, but there are a lot of Muslims out there that seem to think that the war in Iraq is a war on Islam.

The guy that I replied to...Is not Muslim. But he has a victim complex.