markd_nscr986

New Pope Elected

It took CNN a little bit to figure out if the smoke was white or not, since the bells were not ringing yet.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Yup, CNN has the bells live now too. But, the smoke started before the bells and no one knew if the smoke was white or not.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I'm more of a "everyone got the Message all wrong kinda" guy. :D

ain't that the truth!

michael: this is even bigger than the battle in the return of the king!!
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

Ratzinger, head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, aka The Inquisition.

Founded in 1542 by Pope Paul III, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith was originally called the Sacred Congregation of the Universal Inquisition: the lovely people responsible for torturing and burning victims to death in the name of God.

Great choice, guys!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The Grand Inqusitor will keep the Dogma pure.
No condoms for Africa,
No population control for south America,
No gays in heaven, and most importantly,..
women will know their place in gods creation and be happy with it. The conclave was inspired by the holy spirit.
... and we think the muslims are nuts.

... and we think the muslims are nuts.

Nope, I believe that most Muslims are good people, just like most Christians. You always have your hard-core nut jobs, but its definately not right to portray all of a religion as a zealot stereotype.

Personally, I'm not Catholic and am not a big fan of the Catholic faith as per Christianity goes, but Catholics don't represent all Christians any more then the Baptists, Methodists, Penticostals or any other demonination of Christianity does.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You are correct, it should have read I think the muslims are nuts.

... but Catholics don't represent all Christians any more then the Baptists, Methodists, Penticostals or any other demonination of Christianity does.

Actually, yes they do. most Christians are catholic.

Actually, yes they do. most Christians are catholic.

Not quite, it depends on what you consider a "Christian."

Personally I see them as basically a seperate religion from Christianity, a religion based on Christianity although still a seperate religion.

Or, contiuing that line of thought you could say that your average white male represents all of America, when infact that stereotype is far from representing it. However, there are more average white males in the US then any others, right?

Personally I see them as basically a seperate religion from Christianity, a religion based on Christianity although still a seperate religion.

So what you are saying Dave is Catholic's aren't Christians? :S

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

So what you are saying Dave is Catholic's aren't Christians?

A variant of Christianity. Just like Baptists are a variant of Christanity, just like the church I grew up in (Assembly of God) is a variant as well. How about the 7th Day folks or the Mormons? How many churches out there take the Bible at face value and follow it?

Actually, if you look at the true definition of "cults" (not occult, as it is similarly confused at times) you'll see that basically every sect of Christianity is a form of cult.

I don't think there is a "variant" of Christianity, except maybe for Voodoo.

Those are all "sects" of Christianity, albeit all slightly (or vastly) different. But they're all Christians.

But I don't think that Catholics necessarily represent Christians as a whole.

Dave - in your opinion what is a "true" Christian?

I'll pitch in.
Christianity: believe in Christ as the son of God. 3 main branches: Catholics, Protestants (with many sub-division) and Orthodox (Greek and Russian). My take.

Edited to add: Catholics are not considered a sect. Originally, Christianity = Catholicism. It then split into different variants.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Great choice, guys!

Agreed. Of the few candidates the one I liked was Cardinal Carlo Martini from Milan. Too bad he's a Jesuit and no way would they let one be Pope. Too free thinking and outspoken for some. IMHO Raztinger is a pretty bad choice to lead the church into the 21rst century.

IMHO Raztinger is a pretty bad choice to lead the church into the 21rst century.

It should first try to get out of the 16th Century.:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

The Grand Inqusitor will keep the Dogma pure.
No condoms for Africa,
No population control for south America,

not the church's job to supply these things. But since we don't live in a theocracy, you're free to obtain them anyway.

Ratzinger, head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, aka The Inquisition.

Founded in 1542 by Pope Paul III, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith was originally called the Sacred Congregation of the Universal Inquisition: the lovely people responsible for torturing and burning victims to death in the name of God.

Great choice, guys!

yep....I'm sure we can expect Ratzinger to re-open the torture chambers within a month or so.:S

Look for the rack, the iron maiden, and the Comfy Chair to be re-appearing in a Catholic church basement near you.

:P
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------