kallend

Hypocrisy from the Right (Again)

Where are the [holy] men who rushed to Terri Schiavo's bedside, Randall Terry and the rest, and the priests who lecture us on the sanctity of all life, even stem cells? Mr. Rudolph's manifesto echoes themes more temperately expressed in respectable publications and Web sites. Are they at all embarrassed by this terrorism perpetrated in their cause?

where are we? I don't know about the rest, certainly I don't consider myself "holy," knowing full well my own failings, but still here I am, kallend.

And I quote the late John Cardinal O'Connor who said it best, in referring to murderers who call them self "pro-life."

"I have repeated publicly what I have said before and mean with every fiber of my being: "If anyone has an urge to kill an abortionist, kill me instead." That's not a grandstand play. I do not want to die but I am prepared to die, if my death can save the life of another." -delivered in St Patrick's Cathedral Jan. 8, 1995

yes, I'm embarassed that Mr. Rudolf's actions "hurt" the pro-life cause. it just feeds the delusions that some hold that "we" are all hypocrites and crazy right-wing theocratic nut-jobs.

-the artist formerly known as sinker

Oh geez, he's quoting an editorial from the Berkshire Eagle. Since it is my local...cough...newspaper, I should make it clear to you folks what type of paper it is. It is a 3rd rate rag with an extreme left wing bias whose readership is made up of a fairly large percentage of inbreds (me, excluded ofcourse).

That editorial is so out of touch with the truth, it's laughable. But, they do cater to their tree hugging, petroulie (sp?) smelling, granola crunchie audience.:S

Chris

Oh geez, he's quoting an editorial from the Berkshire Eagle. Since it is my local...cough...newspaper, I should make it clear to you folks what type of paper it is. It is a 3rd rate rag with an extreme left wing bias whose readership is made up of a fairly large percentage of inbreds (me, excluded ofcourse).

That editorial is so out of touch with the truth, it's laughable. But, they do cater to their tree hugging, petroulie (sp?) smelling, granola crunchie audience.:S

Chris

kallend --> left wing? you're kidding!! sarcasm aside, he his a college professor after all...:P we can only expect so much. :D
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

>One can almost taste the arrogance and bigotry of the author of this piece.

When contemplating fundamentalist conservatives, it's really regrettable that Rudolph is not getting the death penalty. We need to execute people like Rudolph in order to physically intimidate conservatives, by making them realize that they can be killed too. Otherwise they will turn out to be murderers, too.

>One can almost taste the arrogance and bigotry of the author of this piece.

When contemplating fundamentalist conservatives, it's really regrettable that Rudolph is not getting the death penalty. We need to execute people like Rudolph in order to physically intimidate conservatives, by making them realize that they can be killed too. Otherwise they will turn out to be murderers, too.

The sad thing Bill is that you REALLY BELIEVE this statement you made. :S

-the artist formerly known as sinker

Free Jumpticket for anyone who can name:

-anythign positive that the "left" has ever said or done.

-anything john kerry or al gore stood for (except hating George Bush)

-anything any liberal actually believes in, or holds to be postive

-anything any liberal leftist has ever done to make the world safer or the country better off.

Of course it is easier to throw rocks than actually solve problems. Heck, voting democrat is much easier than working for a living.

just my two cents.

Heck, voting democrat is much easier than working for a living

I work 50 to 70 hour weeks. And when need be, I find the time to vote. Do I win anything?:)
Edited to add: I believe in the Webster's definition of a liberalism:
a political philosophy based on belief in progress, the essential goodness of the human race, and the autonomy of the individual and standing for the protection of political and civil liberties.
Did I win again?:)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Heck, voting democrat is much easier than working for a living

I work 50 to 70 hour weeks. And when need be, I find the time to vote. Do I win anything?:)

1 - a regular paycheck (hopefully)
2 - the right to complain
3 - :D

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

1 - a regular paycheck (hopefully)
2 - the right to complain
3 - :D

Well, I didn't have #2 for few years, but now I do, so I'll have one of each!

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

-anything any liberal leftist has ever done to make the world safer or the country better off.

Joe gets up at 6 a.m. and fills his coffeepot with water to prepare his morning coffee. The water is clean and good because some tree-hugging liberal fought for minimum water-quality standards. With his first swallow of coffee, he takes his daily medication. His medications are safe to take because some stupid commie liberal fought to insure their safety and that they work as advertised.

All but $10 of his medications are paid for by his employer's medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance - now Joe gets it too. He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs. Joe's bacon is safe to eat because some girly-man liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

In the morning shower, Joe reaches for his shampoo. His bottle is properly labeled with each ingredient and its amount in the total contents because some crybaby liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained. Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some environmentalist wacko liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air.

He walks to the subway station for his government-subsidized ride to work. It saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees because some fancy-pants liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.

Joe begins his work day. He has a good job with excellent pay, medical benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some lazy liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Joe's employer pays these standards because Joe's employer doesn't want his employees to call the union. If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed, he'll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some stupid liberal didn't think he should lose his home because of his temporary misfortune.

Its noontime and Joe needs to make a bank deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe's deposit is federally insured by the FDIC because some godless liberal wanted to protect Joe's money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the Great Depression.

Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae-underwritten mortgage and his below-market federal student loan because some elitist liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his lifetime.

Joe is home from work. He plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive. His car is among the safest in the world because some America-hating liberal fought for car safety standards. He arrives at his boyhood home. His was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers' Home Administration because bankers didn't want to make rural loans. The house didn't have electricity until some big-government liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and demanded rural electrification.

He is happy to see his father, who is now retired. His father lives on Social Security and a union pension because some wine-drinking, cheese-eating liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn't have to.

Joe gets back in his car for the ride home, and turns on a radio talk show. The radio host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. He doesn't mention that the beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day.

Joe agrees: "We don't need those big-government liberals ruining our lives! After all, I'm a self-made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have."

>Free Jumpticket for anyone who can name:

>anythign positive that the "left" has ever said or done.

The New Deal.
Pushed for civil rights in the US for blacks and women.
Entered and won World War II.
Stopped nuclear missile installatiions in Cuba without a nuclear war.

>anything john kerry or al gore stood for (except hating George Bush)

Al Gore played a pivotal role in developing the Internet. Back in the 80's it was popular for nerds to bitch about how much "Al Gore's Internet" sucked. He started the Clean Car initiative, the Superfund legislation to clean up toxic waste sites, and got a lot of anti-proliferation legislation through congress.

>anything any liberal actually believes in, or holds to be postive

I'm a liberal, and I believe in energy independence, good education for our kids, a strong military to be used to defend the US from its enemies, reducing pollution in our cities, and planning for the future before it gets here. How about you?

>anything any liberal leftist has ever done to make the world safer or
> the country better off.

I developed an airborne satellite data system for airline security and demoed it to the US congress. I designed several battery chargers now used for cellphones. Along with American Airlines I designed and demonstrated an inflight cellphone system. I've designed parts for F-14 maintenance systems, A-6 radar systems, and GPS guided weapons for the Navy.

Closer to home I installed a solar power system for a local drop zone; saved them around $50K so far. I also spend a week every year taking up new jumpers on organized loads at Rantoul as a tent 4 organizer.

At home I generate enough power to power my own house and the two houses on either side of me. During the summer power shortages, where most houses are taking 1200 watts for their air conditioners, I'm putting 3000 watts back on the grid.

How about you?

>Of course it is easier to throw rocks than actually solve problems.

Agreed. What problems have you solved?

So by my count you owe me 23 jump tickets. Or if you want to be literal, you owe me one.

So by my count you owe me 23 jump tickets. Or if you want to be literal, you owe me one.

I might not owe you a jump ticket but I'm buying you a case of beer next time I see you.

And thanks for all you do - on and off the forums.

Jump
Scars remind us that the past is real

> Or if you want to be literal, you owe me one.

Or, if you want to be littoral, you could plant a tree (by the ocean). I think that Billvon does those things because if the type of individual he is, not because he's a liberal. You can find that kind of example in all the parties.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Free Jumpticket for anyone who can name:

Were those going to be Skyride jumptickets?

Otherwise, you'll be a broke man if you live up to your words. A somewhat poorer one if it's one ticket per poster. Even the right wingers can get in on this action.

My offerings - quite a few opponents have said they greatly respected retiring Congressman Hyde.

FDR managed to take an isolationist America into WWII.

Fair enough, I'll hand deliver one jumpticket to you in 103 days. (Rantoul, WFFC 05). What are the odds I'd find a pro-military, right-minded, intelligent, skydiving liberal. Dang, you must get lonely at your political rallies. Come to think of it, I bet you are really a capitalistic, conservative who just figured out a way to score a jumpticket!
:P