Skyrad

Would you leave the USA?

Again you arrogantly assume to know my opinion.

Rubbish, I read and respond to your posts and frankly your cheek like:

'Scotsman' :S

What a joke you call me arrogant after posting my nationality with a crazy icon. Get a clue.

If you did read my posts then you would know that I have American family and friends, that I admire the way the US responded to the Tsunami and my respect for the genral goodness of the American people that I have met in America on my many enjoyable vists to the country. Clearly you have not.
You would also know of my Scotish heritage, I don't know what kind of a Scotsman you are. A US Scotsman three generations back I suspect? :P
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

......my Scotish heritage......A US Scotsman three generations back I suspect? :P

No, I was born (and raised) in Scotland and both my parents are Scottish.

FYI Scottish has two t's in it.

I've never commented on your nationality although I'd seen from recent posts you were at least from the U.K.

If you object to my interpretation of things like "'Scotsman':S" then you are free be less cryptic. I assumed (accurately I think) it was skepticism based on my opinions.

Truce.

Well let's see:
I have no political representation. (The left no longer has avioce in US politics)

The government is drifting toward theocracy. (I am an atheist)

Science is out, religon is in. (See above)

I am not above the median income and have no ivestments or hope of becoming part if the investor class.

My local and state pols work in opposition to my desires and therefore do not in any way represent my interests.

I, and others who share my interests, are completely without effective mechanisms to remedy things like the unconstutional acts of congress since 9-11. (e.g. Patriot 1&2, etc...)

Tell me again why I should stay? It would seem my country does not want me.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

***When SH put the contract out on GB1...he forgot GB2
is a Texas Raised..."Lookin' for the man that threatened my pa"
kind of guy...

Bush was born in New Haven, Ct. This makes him a fucking Yankee and not a true Southener
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

I consider myself a citizen of the planet and not exactly loyal to anyone but my own kind. I WOULD NOT take a bullet for the president of the U.S. or for any country for that matter. I would take a bullet for any member of my family but not for a government that is based on paranoia and suspicion of the highest order of it's own people. We are asked basically to spy on our neighbors. We are constantly told that evil is towering over us and doom is only one bomb away. Everywhere you turn your face is being recorded and viewed. Elected officials seek to remove more rights to privacy in the name of your protection. This country has wrapped itself so tight in a blanket of false security that just sneezing the wrong way can lead to an investigation. Now, I love my country, yet I am not in favor of a government that preaches paranoia and encourage it's people to spy upon one another. If I were ever to leave, I am not sure where I would go, having travelled the world. Of all places I have been I was always happy to return here. For all its wrongs I will always call it home for it is familiar and defend my piece of it. But, I will not go broad to an unfamiliar land that has not threaten me.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

***Would you leave the USA?

Only if Hillary is elected to the Presidency:P:D

Seriously,
This is my country,I have no intent of leaving,or giving up my citizenship.

I consider myself fortunate to be able to do a lot of things here that I would be unable to do in a lot of other places around the world.

While the system/government is far from ideal in most situations,it is better than most and is subject to change by the electorate.

US citizens that piss & moan about the government or leave the country rather than doing something constructive to effect change are a bunch of crybabies and quitters.....

Do us all a favor.........
Renounce your citizenship if you don't like being a US citizen and dont bother coming back;)
Marc SCR 6046 SCS 3004

Tell me again why I should stay?

That's one of the great things about this country, nobody is going to convince/coherce/force you to stay. Don't like it here? You can leave at any time you like.

You listed quite a few reasons why you shouldn't stay - now you tell me, why are you still here if you feel so unwanted?

Jeff
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

Because I have only 476 shifts left until I can retire. 11-30-07. After that I'll see.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.

Yeah, it is under attack and the left is powerless to stop it. We have completely and totally lost to those on the right who want theocracy and fascism to replace liberal democracy. Since we have no effective mechanism to fight with, to flee is the only viable option. Make no mistake, I am more than willing to fight, but, as I see it, the battle is over and we lost. I would not leave because the grass is greener, I would leave because I have to.:|

9/11 doesnt bother me.. the increasing erosion of the fundamental ideal of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness worries me more..

if there were another country that held them in higher regard, i'd be there in a minute.. as is this is still the best option we've got.

I have no political representation. (The left no longer has avioce in US politics)

yup.....
The government is drifting toward theocracy. (I am an atheist)

yupII
, and others who share my interests, are completely without effective mechanisms to remedy things like the unconstutional acts of congress since 9-11. (e.g. Patriot 1&2, etc...)

yupIII

let me add something that is very ignored in this forum

as my rights are taken away....they allow millions of illegals to flood this country and steal services.

So how do you feel about living in the US since 9/11 have the events changed how you feel?

already leftB|. Sept 15, actually for good after the turmoil; and not because of the terrorists. I knew exactly what the US administration would do to the world in their own financial self interests. Low and behold...I was correct. Watching this place from abroad is like a bad movie; and returning recently for holidays, is like living a horror flick.:|

If I go to Amsterdam, I know I can (if I wanted) smoke a joint and come back to the good old U.S.A and not worry about what will happen to me because I smoked pot in a country where it is legal.

not really. it depends on the circumstances, where, how you live your life in the US. But if by chance for insurance reasons or some random course of events you were piss tested and tested positive for pot.....the shit will hit the fan for sure. If they ever want to make an example of someone in the US, they will.