Mikki_ZH

Fahrenheit 9/11, or why Mr. Bush has won the elections…

I know that there have been threat about this before but I would like to start a poll about this movie and the election of Mr. Bush.

I watched the movie Fahrenheit 9/11 yesterday and I got a new view about Mr. George W. Bush.
It is hard to understand for a non US Citizen why this man and this government got reelected.
I hope to get some feedback which may help me (and a very big part of the rest of the world) understand why the voters of the US have reelected Mr. Bush.

Blues,
Michael
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

I despise Michael Moore because he's a proven liar. The movie in question proved it yet again. It was not a documentary - it was a smear campaign against Mr. Bush.

America elected the lesser of two evils in my opinion.
[:/]
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

If the movie slandered Bush in any way, don't you think SOMEONE would've sued Moore. If someone made a movie about me that was full of lies that represented me in a bad light, i'd damn sure sue them.

The movie definately has a very liberal slant, and Moore is the first to admit that it isn't completely fair... But at least he admits it, whereas Fox "fair and balanced" News swears off any bias :S
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

O'Reilly made a challenge a couple of years ago to anyone who could prove Fox's news reporting biased. I don't watch him with any great frequency anymore - haven't seen him in months actually - but I haven't heard anyone taking him up on it. Perhaps you should.
:)
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

I watched the movie Fahrenheit 9/11 yesterday and I got a new view about Mr. George W. Bush.
It is hard to understand for a non US Citizen why this man and this government got reelected.
I hope to get some feedback which may help me (and a very big part of the rest of the world) understand why the voters of the US have reelected Mr. Bush.

Moore is a liar. He was very careful not to step into the realm of slander using misdirection to lead the audience down the path he wanted them to take without actually SAYING what he was hinting at.

For that reason he could not be sued for liable. He had a team of legal folks making sure he walked the line, but never stepped over it.

Rent Farienhype and let us know what you think.

Moore was full of shit, and anyone that knew anything about the situations he talked about knew it.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Could SOMEONE have sued Moore? Sure, you can sue a person for anything, but it doesn't mean you win. Of course, it's much harder to slander a public official, especially a President.

This isn't Spain, where the loing conservative government planned to sue a Pedro Almodóvar, SPain's most famous director, because he accused the government of planning a coup d'etat. BTW, this was back in March of this year, after the bombings...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

That kind of sums it up. It's like trying to explain skydiving to a whuffo or motorcycling to someone that drives a basic-point-a-to-b-car.

It also shows the level of filtration and bias of the non-US media and how that shapes world opinion as well (in my opinion). Your non-understanding of how our President was re-elected further provoes that point, as most of the world doesn't seem to understand it either.

What makes me smile even more is that there doesn't seem to be much of an effort to try and explain it to anyone.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Look, Many of us, Myself included, Voted for Bush as a Lesser of two evils. I'm not terribly happy with him, but I'd rather he be in offce than Kerry... Fortunatly, most of the United States Also Feels this way.
The "Documentary" Fahrenheit 9/11 is a Joke. It is fiction, carefully planned to lead one to think a particular way without libel or slander. His numbers and reasoning are beyond acceptable for Journalism.
=========Shaun ==========

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because a good half of US population are brainwashed religious freaks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do you say something like that other than to Piss people off?

Its called "sour grapes".
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Hey Michael,

You asked an honest question and I thank you for inquiring.

I think the best way to answer your question is to look at the final election numbers and statistics. In other words, what happened on election day.

-The President won the popular vote by nearly 4 million votes. He also won the Electoral vote by 34 votes.
-His party gained more seats in the senate and the house. This included unseating the Senate Minority Leader.
-His party also gained in the gubernatorial races.

Every registered voter had an equal voice that day and the majority chose the President and his party. Despite what you might hear in the media or from some misguided filmmaker, the facts still are that the majority chose the President and his party.

If the movie slandered Bush in any way, don't you think SOMEONE would've sued Moore. If someone made a movie about me that was full of lies that represented me in a bad light, i'd damn sure sue them.

As Lawrocket pointed out, the standards are higher when public figures are involved. Look at the tabloids at the supermarket checker line for further examples.

What Moore did is no different than what both parties did in attacking the other candidate.

Mikki - ardent Democrats saw in the movie what they already believed. Ardent Republicans saw propoganda. People in the middle wondered, but the counterspin was pretty effective in spreading doubt that the movie could be taken at face value. Hell, even the bin Laden family said some of the movie was BS.

As much as Moore would hope otherwise, his movie was only a small factor in the outcome. Voters sized up Bush and Kerry and the President won a narrow victory.