storm1977

SH - Ties to terror/Oil for food

***Personally I can't wait!!!

Sounds like you have a big big need... for what?

I want to see Kofi Annan(sp?) and his sone go down for this... I want to France and Germany and Russia take a hit for this. Heads should role....EVEN IF there proves to be some US involvement. I really don't expect there to be, but it isn't looking good for France right now

OK. Let them roll. In Germany, which one's heads, f.e.would you like to watch roll?

Just curious.

dudeist skydiver # 3105

More and more is coming out about the Oil for Food program. This is just the tip of the Iceberge.... Funny how the UN is not cooperating.

From what I have read, the UN is cooperating with the independant investigation led by Paul Volcker, but it's staff is not authorized to provide documents to the senate's investigation, which isn't really that unusual.

Somehow they'll find a way to hang some non-descript person out to dry for this one. Either way, it suggests that the UN is a sham organization and the Security Council is corrupt beyond all imagination.

BS - they won't hang anybody - the UN is beyond reproach. It's such a sacred cow that one of the most brutal and repressive regimes on Earth is on the UN Commission for Human Rights.

Do you really think that with a track record like that, that a few billion (of our dollars, BTW) to a despot means a frickin' thing?

mh

so, how does this fit in with US money funneled to terrorist organizations? Or about the Bush family wealth ties to nazi germany? Or the US war on Iraq's aid your economy and businesses loyal to your president and his staff? Should heads roll for that too?

Let's see the source of this information.

It's pretty well documented. Here's some:
www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,1312484,00.html

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I want to France and Germany and Russia take a hit for this.

Heads are already rolling, my friend. Catch up...

it isn't looking good for France right now!!!

Maybe not, but it sure still looks brighter than the US. At least we're not stuck in Iraq, still trying to come up with laim ass excuses as to why we went there in the first place.

Ohhhh, we should have stayed out of Iraq for..........say............OH Ya, an oil for food bribe:S
Dam do I feel stupid:S
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Ohhhh, we should have stayed out of Iraq for..........say............OH Ya, an oil for food bribe

I never said that. I just stated that not getting into Iraq is not something the French seem to regret.

Dam do I feel stupid

Sorry, can't help you on that one.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Ohhhh, we should have stayed out of Iraq for..........say............OH Ya, an oil for food bribe

I never said that. I just stated that not getting into Iraq is not something the French seem to regret.

Dam do I feel stupid

Sorry, can't help you on that one.

;) I really needed your help on that one:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I want to see Kofi Annan(sp?) and his son go down for this... I want to France and Germany and Russia take a hit for this. Heads should role....EVEN IF there proves to be some US involvement. I really don't expect there to be, but it isn't looking good for France right now!!!

sure does look like for France and Germany and Russia that staying out of the war was all about oil and kickbacks.

sure does look like for France and Germany and Russia that staying out of the war was all about oil and kickbacks.

That's a little bit far fetched... So now the "Oil for Food Scandal" is the scapegoat for why most of the countries in the World didn't support the invasion of iraq???? C'mon now

I'm personally still waiting to hear when the US govt. deems it appropriate to release all the names of US individuals and companies who received oil for food vouchers.

Remember the CIA deleted all US names from the list before it was published. I don't get that - if one group of people are worthy of outing why is another group worthy of the protection?

Hey folks, remember this?

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=460643;search_string=galloway;#460643

and this

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1056547#1056547, which is really the same story as you are all getting panties twisted up about, again.

Regarding the first story I linked to, everyone said George Galloway was as guilty as sin, well now he is getting rich from libel cases, and still walking about free, actually, I think he is still an MP in Glasgow.

I'd wait and see what the final report has to say, probably some shenanigans involved, but there's plenty of time to get to the truth. Personally, I wouldn't trust an awful lot of ostensibly pre-war paperwork coming out of Iraq.

You've all been duped before, its dead easy to get duped again.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

You can take the boy out of France, but you can't take France out of the boy

That's very true. However, as a US citizen (and as a tax payer for over 15 years), I would like to think that my opinion on the matter is as valid as any other US citizen's opinion...

Never said your opinion wasn't valid... just said that I wouldn't expect you to have the same opinions as some of us born here.

Everyone's opinion is valid!!!
It is after all just an opinion.

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

>I want to see Kofi Annan(sp?) and his sone go down for this...

Why? Cheney didn't go down for Halliburton's illegal dealings with SH. Why should Annan?

????

Because Annan is stonewalling an independant investigation and making it difficult to for them to do their work. Annan is the Head of what is SUPPOSED to be one of the MOST legitimate and important organizations in the World!!! He is supposed to represtent an organization developed for the greater good of world peace and humanitarian aid!!!!!

Cheney??? apples and oranges.... And he hardly had the respect or Power that the leader of the United Nations does....

You are comparing a rock to a mountain Bill.

I'm not expected to be responsible for my grandfather's business dealings almost 70 years ago. Anuone who thinks I am is nuts.

Becareful... some people in this country would have you believe you are responsible for everything your ancestors DID..

So now the "Oil for Food Scandal" is the scapegoat for why most of the countries in the World didn't support the invasion of iraq????

What is cause for concern is that 2 of the 5 permanent members of the U N Security Council have ties to the program.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

What is cause for concern is that 2 of the 5 permanent members of the U N Security Council have ties to the program.

Maybe 3. Remember the list of those involved was doctored by the CIA before publication to remove all US companies and individuals. All we know is that they exist - not who they are.

Don't tell them that Matt, they were enjoying the feeding frenzy.
Now they will be filling up at Chevron Texaco (just an example:))stations and wondering where the stuff they are pouring into their SUVs actually came from.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Becareful... some people in this country would have you believe you are responsible for everything your ancestors DID..

If you avail yourself of those benefits......

Reparations for Slavery????
Bad idea!!!!!
Affirmative action???
Bad Idea!!!!!