quade

Is it just a conspiracy theory or is it actually possible?

And we're not really discussing that either.

The question on the table is . . . could it be done?

What if nobody in the RNC had anything to do with it . . . what if it was just a couple of guys at Diebold that happened to like him?

Just a couple of lines of code here or there . . . and the entire nation swings to an agenda of a few.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Kerry lost, get over it.

Well, that took longer than I thought. Take a look at my original post in my thread and I correctly predicted that some Bush supporter would bust out with this statement.

>could it be done?

Well:

1. It could be done
2. It would be hard
3. It is a conspiracy theory only if it was done by a group of people, not if it was done by one person working alone (or several people working without coordination.)
4. It is unlikely.

KERRY WON OHIO
JUST COUNT THE BALLOTS AT THE BACK OF THE BUS

http://www.gregpalast.com/detail.cfm?artid=393&row=0

The ballots that add up to a majority for John Kerry in Ohio -- and in New Mexico -- are locked up in two Republican hidey-holes: "spoiled" ballots and "provisional" ballots.

http://www.blackboxvoting.com/

A gift to the folks at UniLect who said they would try and fix a design flaw in their software which allowed people in Carteret Co. NC, to keep voting even after the computer had no space left to store ballots.

My dog just handed this to me

IF VoteCount >= MaxVoteCount
Do Shutdown()
ELSE
Do Countvote()
ENDIF

LOL

:o:D;):P

“…because I hope you know this, I think you do…all governments are lying cocksuckers.”
Bill Hicks, Relentless

somewhat intelligent conversation on the subject,

No, you were engaging in mental masturbation over outlandish and thoroughly debunked conspiracy theories.
---------------------------------------------------------------
There is a fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.
--Dave Barry

KERRY WON OHIO
JUST COUNT THE BALLOTS AT THE BACK OF THE BUS

http://www.gregpalast.com/...?artid=393&row=0

The ballots that add up to a majority for John Kerry in Ohio -- and in New Mexico -- are locked up in two Republican hidey-holes: "spoiled" ballots and "provisional" ballots.

Did you read that article? I see nothing but suspicion and innuendo. Where is the proof? Surely he has some, right?

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Maybe Bush won cause the RNC gave people like me a crisp, new 5 dollar bill to vote for Bush!:P

Hell, why not? The Dems were giving out smokes (and I think money as well, but don't recall exactly) to homeless people to get them to vote back in 2000.... :P
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Do you really think just one person could screw with enough places to really affect even one significant state?

Without witnesses?

Without tracks?

etc, etc, etc

Santa Claus could! :P

Come on, with that "all-over-the-world-in-one-night sleigh?! It'd be nothing for him!

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Kerry lost, get over it.

Well, that took longer than I thought. Take a look at my original post in my thread and I correctly predicted that some Bush supporter would bust out with this statement.

And I predicted before the election that the Libs would come up with all kinds of conspiracy theories about how the Reps. could have stole the election. Just like this thread.

Mental masturbation... yep. Do you have any idea how many people would have to be involved to pull something like this off? Do you even realize the probability of that many people being involved without a leak?

I love to watch the Libs continue to jerk off with these conspiracy theories because that all they have left. Really pathetic...Really

>Do you have any idea how many people would have to be involved to pull something like this off?

>Do you have any idea how many people would have to be involved to pull something like this off?

One. You would not believe the number of holes that get by our code review teams at work. Thats the best and brightest coders over looking others coding and big holes still slip by. I've wrote programs with holes in them that I did'nt catch even after working on it for 10 weeks. Any time you write your own OS like what the diabold machines did, you intorduce the possibility of more errors.

The biggest issue with electronic voting is a complete lack of paper reciept that can be used for verification and recounting. A great solution was presented in I think Popular Science right before the election of having a machine that lets you vote via the touch screen, then it prints 2 reciepts. You confirm that the paper reciepts are correct and when you open the door to retrieve your copy, the other copy falls into a locked box. If the electronic count is in question.. the paper copy can be brought out and counted.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I've wrote programs with holes in them that I did'nt catch even after working on it for 10 weeks.

Way off topic, but there's a reason that you don't review your own code. You see what you expect to see, an independent set of eyes is essential to a proper code review.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Yep, that must have been the way it happened. One guy running around getting access to all those machines in Ohio. Probably the same guy who helped Bush steal the election in Florida in 2000. He must have figured Florida was too hot for this election cycle so he'd go to Ohio, San Francisco and everywhere else the kooks on the Left claim the machines were rigged. Could have been the "Single Hacker Theory". I understand Art Bell is going to be interviewing him next week. Don't miss it.

I've wrote programs with holes in them that I did'nt catch even after working on it for 10 weeks.

Way off topic, but there's a reason that you don't review your own code. You see what you expect to see, an independent set of eyes is essential to a proper code review.

-
Jim

Same reason print houses have proof readers before a writer's copy goes to the presses.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Just like some guy from Mircosoft runs around leaving lots of holes in your computer ;) If the core OS has issues, it does'nt matter whats on top of it, its all corrupt at that point. And yes, code reviews are done by outside people that objectively look at the code, was this done for any of the electronic voting machines? The GAO is usually the agency tasked with code reviews in the Government.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

One. You would not believe the number of holes that get by our code review teams at work. Thats the best and brightest coders over looking others coding and big holes still slip by. I've wrote programs with holes in them that I did'nt catch even after working on it for 10 weeks. Any time you write your own OS like what the diabold machines did, you intorduce the possibility of more errors.

One person isn't going to be enough. Enough, possibly (very unlikely) to introduce errors, but such errors are going to show up systematically. Or very obviously, like 4000 extra votes for Bush.

Well since were talking about conspiracy theories here's a crazy one. There's this super secretive group, for purposes of their own protection we'll refer to them as, the American public, or better yet, registered voters. over the course of the last few months this group of people decided who they were going to vote for, through a secretive ritual known only by a few. This ritual has a very deceptive name, that is hard to translate. It's called paying attention to current events and watching the debate.

Does anyone see where i'm going with this? Cause if you don't I could keep going. It sounds incredibly ridiculous and pathetic that rather than admit that more people voted for Bush than Kerry people have to make up theories about how Bush stole the election. Kerry was man enough to stand up in front the entire country and graciously accept defeat. And although I don't care for him I respect and applaud him for having the courage to do so.
And after accepting defeat Kerry and Bush both said something along the lines of how we need to unite the country and use all of our powers to find ways to sove the countries problems. We need to use our opposing opinions and beliefs to find the medium with the best results for everyone, rather than imedeatly take a stance as far off of what the other side proposes simply because we want to spite the other side.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

>One person isn't going to be enough.

Sure it is! Personally, I'd do it via the BSP. Put some code in the RTC driver to look for a certain date, then go out and make file changes. No one really cares about what's in the BSP as long as it works.