SBS

Arafat is no more

see, that's what I thought at first...but at least we kinda knew what would happen when he was around...

it's not gonna get any better...probably worse, at least for a time. We'll just have to wait and see...

Arafat is no more Quote | Reply

not sure if this is a good thing or not...

Why would a terrorist dying not being a good thing?

Hi tuna

whatever floats your boat but...... How about taking that politically stuff to SC aka speakers circle.:)
I'm not the moderator what the moderator decides is good enough for me. (a guest):)
R.i.P.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arafat is no more Quote | Reply

not sure if this is a good thing or not...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why would a terrorist dying not being a good thing?

funny thing people all over the worl tends to think the oppersit,but its hard to to call USA terroist(unless you want to get a hard time),right???

As people already said this tread should be in Speakers corner...

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

He in fact lead the PLO terrorist group. That is a fact in World History not an opinion. He was proud of his work. He was proud of killing Olympians in Munich in 1972. He was proud of being a terrorist.
That is FACT not fiction.
p.s. "Good Moring, I didn't mean to wake you up".;)

morning:)i do agree that Arafat in the past were a terroist,but were he at his old days?
As i look at it he fighted for the people who lived first in an area,and as far as i can see then the isralien are the once that steal land down there,suported by US..tell me it aint so...

I do agree that the kind of fight down there are wrong,personaly i think that only military should suffer in wars but it aint like that..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

He in fact lead the PLO terrorist group. That is a fact in World History not an opinion. He was proud of his work. He was proud of killing Olympians in Munich in 1972. He was proud of being a terrorist.
That is FACT not fiction.
p.s. "Good Moring, I didn't mean to wake you up".;)

Menachem Begin and Golda Meir led terrorist groups too, and were proud of it. (They both became Prime Ministers of Israel).

So did Ethan Allen, and they named furniture galleries after him.

So did Jomo Kenyatta, and he became President of Kenya.

So did Nelson Mandela, and he became President of South Africa.

What you really mean is that Arafat led a terrorist group that YOU don't approve of.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

My father was an Olympian and fueled his fire with the Munich event. He gave his life in Counter-terrorism.
We (my family) have a "special place" in our hearts for the P.L.O.
The topic is Arafat and he is/was proud to be a terrorist. Still a fact.

Menachem Begin and Golda Meir led terrorist groups too, and were proud of it. (They both became Prime Ministers of Israel).

So did Ethan Allen, and they named furniture galleries after him.

So did Jomo Kenyatta, and he became President of Kenya.

So did Nelson Mandela, and he became President of South Africa.

What you really mean is that Arafat led a terrorist group that YOU don't approve of.

true, although not accurate.
anyway, the issue is not whether he was a terrorist, this is a know fact.
the issue is whether he was willing to put this way aside (like some of the others you've mentioned)

i supported the oslo agreements and i was willing to accept arafat (you make peace with enemies, not friends). but once it was clear he was using diplomacy as a tactic (while secretly building up an arsenal he wasnt allowed to have) and turned back to violence the moment he couldnt get ALL he wanted.

he was a terrorist until his last day. and ironically, it damaged his own people as much as it did us.

O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

LMAO I told my wife that last night....."wait and see how they are gonna tie bush to his death, I bet they will say the white devil republican bush personally slipped something into his soup". The T.V. stated he became ill after horrible sanitary conditions while he was held up inside his compound for so long.

My father was an Olympian and fueled his fire with the Munich event. He gave his life in Counter-terrorism.
We (my family) have a "special place" in our hearts for the P.L.O.
The topic is Arafat and he is/was proud to be a terrorist. Still a fact.

It's always different when your own ox is being gored.

As I said, Arafat was a terrorist YOU disapproved of. Other terrorists have been supported by the US government or a large number of US citizens (the IRA comes to mind here).

just as many people will call Bush a terroist...
Go figure..

I dont call Bush a terroist i call him a leader whith a wrong way to go to war in..[:/]and might tend to call US for "the worldpolice",which i dont like.

I might also think he some times supports the wrong people..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I think that he received the Nobel Prize for peace because the commitee believed in his true intentions to leave the terrorist way.
Which is what I still think, as people becoming older tend to think more that problems might be better solved through discussion than through fight.
vSCR No.94
Don't dream your life - live your dream!

I think that he received the Nobel Prize for peace because the commitee believed in his true intentions to leave the terrorist way.
Which is what I still think, as people becoming older tend to think more that problems might be better solved through discussion than through fight.

Arafat was an ineffective terrorist, which is why he didn't achieve his goals. Effective terrorists eventually become Presidents and Prime Ministers of actual nations.

Fine he's gone!
I will not sleep a minute less tonight because of this!

Perhaps pease gets a real change now in the middle east.

It will help if they find the millions he stole from his own people

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habit,
Especially when you are jumping a sport rig