peacefuljeffrey

Edwards' wife has breast cancer

I have a few books on that topic

I don't need books to tell me how to live my life. Some people may rely on other peoples written ideas but I do not.

You discount education and the written word? Then does that mean you discount the Constitution and the Bill of Rights? After all, they are just other peoples written ideas of how to live your life.

Boy this thread has strayed!

Tuna, why is it that you seem to not have any compassion for someone who has different political leanings than you? Mrs. Edwards is a fellow human being who is suffering right now. Why do you seem to feel she deserves it?

If you came across an accident scene, would you first try to find out what political affiliation the victim has before you would give assistance?

Ahhh, the lovely compassion of the moral right. And people wonder why sometimes the traits of hateful and driven by revenge get attributed to Bush supporters.

You know very well tuna's shitty commentary is not representative of anyone besides himself.

I'm a member of the "moral right", and I find his comments in this thread to be completely disgusting. I wish Ms. Edwards a full recovery.

. . =(_8^(1)

It is ironic that the man who got rich by tastelessly suing decent, honest, innocent, hardworking doctors now needs their help for his wife.

This is a very cruel and indecent comment. I wouldn't say things such as this about John Edwards if he had cancer let alone his wife. One should really think before posting what pops in his/her head. [:/]

Put your partisan politics aside for a second and realize that someone's life is at stake.

Edwards couldn't seem to put aside his avarice and realize that lives were at stake. Lining his own pockets was way too important for considerations like that.

I don't think doctors ought to refuse to treat his wife because of the (incredibly poor) way he treated them, though. I think they ought to refuse to see his wife at all, out of fear that doing so might expose them to being a target for Mr. Edward's law suits.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

My mother died of cancer 7 years after obvious signs (lump in side) were mis-diagnosed. My mothers family has a history of it (both parents, one brother, and two sisters). I know that doctors negligence can have a horrid result. Cancer is the nastiest death possible and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

However, Edwards has made a living out of finding negligence where none may exist. If I was a doctor, I would certainly weigh my obligation as a healer against the possible impact of accepting Edwards wife as a patient. Sacrificing my family's well-being for his wife's ? I would send him elsewhere.

My ex-g/f worked for the most successful malpractice firm in Florida and they are a fairly slimy group.

...However, Edwards has made a living out of finding negligence where none may exist.

How do you know that is a fact? Not all personal injury/malpractice lawyers are bad, and not all physicians are competent to practice, no matter their academic qualifications... Do your own thinking, don't let Rush "Can ya spare an Oxycontin" Limbaugh think for you...

If I was a doctor, I would certainly weigh my obligation as a healer against the possible impact of accepting Edwards wife as a patient. Sacrificing my family's well-being for his wife's ? I would send him elsewhere.

I'm really glad you are not a physician. Someone with that mindset I wouldn't trust to be a Veterinarian...

I think some of the girls that organize "Jump for the Cause" should give her a call. There's an opportunity there for both to increase mutual awareness and publicity.

Wouldn't wish cancer on anyone. Hope the prognosis ends up positive.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

How do you know that is a fact? Not all personal injury/malpractice lawyers are bad, and not all physicians are competent to practice, no matter their academic qualifications...

Because, as I stated earlier, I know quite a few and I listened to them describe a few of the cases that they won. I think that the majority of them are soulless money-grabbers. You may give him the benefit of the doubt if you wish.

Do your own thinking, don't let Rush "Can ya spare an Oxycontin" Limbaugh think for you...

I guess you have assumed that I listen to RL. I have never listened to any RL show so I am unsure what the subreference meant.

I clearly stated my source for my opinions. I think it is odd to assume another source for my opinions and then attack the source instead of the opinions. Instead, examine my reasons and post a thoughtful response to the statements.

I'm really glad you are not a physician. Someone with that mindset I wouldn't trust to be a Veterinarian...

I'm not veterinarian. I'm sorry if you are ill.

My mindset is this. I have been in court. I also have supported a family. Taking care of my family was my first responsibility.

I, and many friends, have lost huge money in court settlements that are patently unjust. In some cases, life savings and work. Court does not always equal justice.

I would view his wifes treatment as a gamble. Gambling that he would not destroy the financial well-being of my family after I helped his wife.

Sorry to hear about your mother.

None of us know what is going on behind close doors between Edwards, his wife, and the doctors.

I wish her nothing but the best.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

All I can think of are those tasteless comments she made about Cheney, his wife and their daughter.

Never believed in karma and irony. Maybe I should reconsider.

Damn, Rob....I'm just speechless after reading a reply like that. [:/]
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

In some ways this thread sucks. On the other hand, I'm enjoying seeing people rising above the petty (politics) to agree on the important (humanity).

Man, can I make lemonade or what? But, ya know, it keeps me smiling :)
Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Sorry to hear about your mother.

None of us know what is going on behind close doors between Edwards, his wife, and the doctors.

I wish her nothing but the best.

I suppose I do too, after all, I started the thread.

But people have shed a different light on this situation that I had not really thought much about.

Edwards wanting doctors to help his wife after he has fucked over so many of them is rather like a person who has attended gun-ban rallies and given money to HCI and voted for gun-ban politicians and written to the papers saying that only the police should have guns hoping that I'll rush to their aid with my own gun if someone is criminally attacking them.

I can hardly see anything wrong with letting such a person duke it out with an armed attacker given that if they had their way, I wouldn't even have the gun with which to help them.

Of course, the potential exists that if I saved an anti-gunner with a gun of my own, that might wake the motherfucker up to the good guns can be used for, and turn his opinion right around.

Then again, probably not, since even Dian fucking Feinstein carried a gun because she knew it could help her defend herself but she still tries to ban them for the rest of us... >:(:S

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Cancer is a bitch. And it's one mean, unforgiving, relentless disease. I'm sorry to hear about Edwards wife and hope that she is able to recover from it.

There is some irony in a trial lawyer who got rich off of doctors and medical malpractice suits having to utilize one for his wife. But, he'll find one and she'll get treatment because there are moral doctors out there who believe in the sanctity of life and abide by the hippocratic oath. Unfortunately, Edwards may not have realized that fact until now.

I have no problem with penalizing true MALpractice cases, but these days it seems that there is a witch hunt going on all to procure greater and greater sums of money.

I was in Tampa and heard a commercial over the radio..."does your child have cerebral palsy? Your doctor might be responsible!" Call us here at, swindle, connive, and lie for more information. That's ridiculous! The truth is that there are a lot of lawsuits against companies like those that insure doctors because they are a virtual treasure trove of wealth. [:/]

As for Edward's wife, I think it is absolutely ludicrous to say that she deserved to be diagnosed with cancer. Disease is not a punishment. I'll say that again, because it pisses me off when people allude to that myth...DISEASE IS NOT A PUNISHMENT for a state of mind, or a way of life, or personality, or preference, or political beliefs, or anything. It happens to everyone, no one is immune. And, as such, any time spent trying to assert that a disease is either due to someone's way of life or is a big, laughable, fuck you for someone that you don't like is deleterious at best. Perhaps if everyone who felt that way would redirect their energy toward helping their neighbor instead of saying that bad things are deserved, the world would have the potential to be a better place.
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

>There is some irony in a trial lawyer who got rich off of doctors and
>medical malpractice suits having to utilize one for his wife.

That's like saying there is some irony in seeing Sandy Reid, who has often investigated gear-related fatalities (and named causes) have to rely on a PD reserve to save his life. Since I know Sandy, I don't think it's ironic; because of the investigations he performed and the work he did, parachute systems are now safer, so it's not ironic at all that such a system would save his life.

Is Edwards like Sandy? I don't know; I never met the guy. But if he is anything like Sandy, then his wife is going to be in better hands because of his prosecution of inept doctors. If he's one of those ambulance chasers, then she's not.

That's like saying there is some irony in seeing Sandy Reid, who has often investigated gear-related fatalities (and named causes) have to rely on a PD reserve to save his life.

Your analogy would only be accurate if Sandy had filed lawsuits which forced gear manufacturers to make their gear an order of magnitude more expensive (so, reserves now cost around $8,000), but no safer.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

That's like saying there is some irony in seeing Sandy Reid, who has often investigated gear-related fatalities (and named causes) have to rely on a PD reserve to save his life.

Your analogy would only be accurate if Sandy had filed lawsuits which forced gear manufacturers to make their gear an order of magnitude more expensive (so, reserves now cost around $8,000), but no safer.

If the lawsuits had no merit then the juries of sensible citizens would have thrown them out.;)

We keep hearing about how US medicine is the best in the world. Maybe the treat of malpractice lawsuits is a reason.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.