jlmiracle

Al-Qaeda BEHEADED U.S. Contractor

>Perhaps you could explain further.

Rather than try to explain your ideas to you, I will ask you for them.

Is it OK for US news services to show pictures of people we tortured and killed?

Is it OK for someone to show a video of an american being tortured and killed?

Either answer is yes - because they are no longer prisoners - they are corpses -
As far as it being "OK" neither scenario is. Appauling on both sides - I didn't think that there are any videos of the former though.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I guess I just have to comment here. I am not replying to anyone here. I don't suggest that we kill them all or pull out completely immediately.

I watched the video for a reason. Know thy enemy. I fly for the airlines. 4 airliners were hi-jacked and flown as weapons to create destruction on the ground. These terrorists never do things just once. Look how many suicide bombers they've used over the years. Doesn't matter if they miss everyone. They keep doing it. So, I suspect they will try to do hi-jackings again.

So, I watched the video to know my enemy. My enemy has no soul. There is no reasoning. No negotiating. To fight him, you have to be ruthless, ferocious if you are to have a chance of surviving. When they strike, I will not see it coming. But I must be mentally ready to meet the aggression. They need no excuse to attack me other than they just hate all westerners and infidels. I have done nothing to them personally.

As I watched the video my brain actually burned. I've never had that sensation before. It might have been anger but it wasn't rage. It actually felt like it was burning. A very odd sensation. I felt ill to my stomach as there was nothing I could do to stop what happened. It wasn't happening live. It was a recording. I thought that I would probably watch it twice to internalize it. But really, once was enough.

I think all Americans should watch the video. They need to know exactly what Al Qaeda is capable of. There is no negotiating with them. They must be found and taken out of circulation so they can't do any more harm to the public. They are ruthless and an abomination to Islam.

I guess that's about all I have to say now.

Thank you, Sir.

....but then again they are savages over there as it is..so who knows...

This small group of men beheaded one guy. There are respondents to this thread who believe the proper retaliation is to kill every man, woman, and child in the region. I think it's safe to say that not all the people over there are "savages", nor are all of the "savages" over there.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I just watched the Video.>:( Not sure if it was a good Idea. I am sickened by what I saw. I feel anger,sadness and Hate. Time to take the gloves off period.

The reasons why have already been stated.Until they know we are ready and willing to do WHATEVER is nesseccary they will not stop.

I am going to go say a prayer for this mans family now.

If you have not seen this Video and are wondering if you should. YOU should so you WILL know what MUST be done but rest assured you will wish you hadn't but as has been said you must know your enemy.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

as has been said you must know your enemy

We have to know who the enemy is, too. If we don't, then we catch a lot of people who look or worship like them, or who live close to them.

We are appalled in part because they (that would be Abu Musab al-Zarqawi) picked someone, basically at random, because they are American, and brutally murdered them. Unless we punish him, and his associates, then we are doing the same thing (not the beheading part, but picking because they are Iraqi Muslims).

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

We know who the enemy is. All of them. Big ones make little ones who group up to saw the heads off Americans. They are ALL taught from birth to hate anyone that is not like them. Time for re-education. How soon people forget that Japan was ready to send every man women and child to their death until we took out 100's of thousands of them with 2 bombs. Re-Education.......

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Until they know we are ready and willing to do WHATEVER is nesseccary they will not stop.

Quick question: What do you suppose happens when both sides decide the enemy will only stop when they convince them they're ready and willing to do whatever is necessary?

Now back to just watching this thread...

I have to say that it is so easy to understand why so many people want to take drastic action after seeing that video. I will not watch it, but I have seen similar ones from Chechnya. It is repulsive, but it makes me no more angry than hearing of any hostage being killed by any other means. Either way, these zealot wack-jobs deserve their martyrdom in the most painful way possible.

I also understand how so many people can generalize the middle east based on what we've seen so far. Why do we not hear people like the arab version of billvon and kallend disagreeing with anything and everything these lunatics do? Why do we not see other arab countries actively trying to stamp out this brand of extremism? Is it not happening? Does the world media not report it? Instead, we see crowds of arabs chanting "DEATH TO USA" or "DEATH TO ISRAEL", dragging corpses through the streets, killing hostages, or just further spreading their bullshit rhetoric on al-jazeera. The same lack of coverage on arabs against miltant factions, is the very same reason that so many arabs think that they are a united people against the "Christian Crusaders". If all arabs see on the news are other arabs going nuts about killing the USA, they'll think that all arabs are doing it and it must be right. If all Americans see on the news is the same arabs acting like retards, we're going to have people thinking that all arabs are similar.

So if you, the media, or the "peaceful" nations of the world want Americans to know that arabs are peaceful people, show them. Help people understand that the middle east has been a source of conflict for centuries because it's people are peaceful.
Oh, hello again!

Quick question: What do you suppose happens when both sides decide the enemy will only stop when they convince them they're ready and willing to do whatever is necessary?

They have already chosen this path. We did not choose it THEY did. When someone keeps punching you in the nose and refuses to stop what do you do? KNOCK THE MUTHER FUCKER OUT!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT

That was wrong...

We should drop the largest hydrogen bomb known to man on that fucking place.. Pull the troops.. and BOOM!!! Glass parking lot!!

Those coward, bastard mother fuckers!!!!

Let the fucking Marines Loose!!! Fuck those assholes!!!

>:(>:(>:(

DITTO!

How does that make you any different than the terrorists who used a similar argument to justify flying airliners into the WTC?

Our stated justification for invading in the first place was remove a danger to the region, not to be the destroyer of the region. We chose to be the "white hats". The Iraqi people did not invite us to "liberate" them.

However, I don't believe even GWB and cronies would follow the path you suggest.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>>Is it OK for US news services to show pictures of people we tortured and killed?
>>Is it OK for someone to show a video of an american being tortured and killed?

>Either answer is yes - because they are no longer prisoners - they
> are corpses -

So yes it's OK. Flip.

>As far as it being "OK" neither scenario is.

So no it's not OK. Flop.

>When someone keeps punching you in the nose and refuses to stop
>what do you do? KNOCK THE MUTHER FUCKER OUT!

Exactly. Now suppose, instead of knocking them out, you kill their family and all their friends? Who is in the wrong, you or him?

The answer to this is to find and arrest or kill the people who did this. It is not to kill tens of thousands of innocent men, women and children to try to scare them into submission. If we do that, we are no better than Hussein.

Why do we not hear people like the arab version of billvon and kallend disagreeing with anything and everything these lunatics do? Why do we not see other arab countries actively trying to stamp out this brand of extremism?

Maybe if you learned Arabic and listened to Egyptian or Moroccan or Jordanian radio you would. There are lots of non-extremist Arabs around. But we are slowly but surely pissing them off too.

In the greater scheme of things, do you think, say, a moderate Egyptian would find a vile murder to be a greater problem to the Middle East than an invasion of a sovereign Arab nation by a Western power that killed tens of thousands of Arab civilians.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I never said I was different did I? I thought Clinton should have had some Balls and wiped them out a long time ago. My personal beliefs are way more agressive then even Bush's but I am glad he took the measures he did but I am dis-heartnend that the political climate has forced the administration to back down.Just as you cannot get rid of an infestation of cochroaches(sp) by stepping on a few of them (You have to BOMB the whole House) You can't get rid of these insects by stepping on a few of them..

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT

excuse me?

It is not to kill tens of thousands of innocent men, women and children to try to scare them into submission. If we do that, we are no better than Hussein.

Which ones are innocent? The ones shooting maching guns and hiding behind the fact they are women and children? The men that took off their uniforms and hid like roaches and are now planting bombs in cars and applying to be police so they can get close to americans and kill them? or the ones that aid and harbor the ones that are doing all the killing Sorry if they where innoccent they would be reporting evrey single person who was planning to cause harm to americans. If they don't want their country "wasted" then they shold be taking up arms themselves and hunting down the ones YOU believe to be NOT Innocent.. SO again which ones are innocent? Can you tell them apart? I can't. Fuckin' Waste 30k of them at a time and see how long they want that to continue. Am I a little pissed yeah. Do I think it will make things better? In the long run yeah. Will lots of people die. Yeah. But the world is due for a cleansing anyway and what i think or say will in no way have any effect on what the eventual outcome of all this will be anyway.:P

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT

Maybe if you learned Arabic and listened to Egyptian or Moroccan or Jordanian radio you would. There are lots of non-extremist Arabs around. But we are slowly but surely pissing them off too.

In the greater scheme of things, do you think, say, a moderate Egyptian would find a vile murder to be a greater problem to the Middle East than an invasion of a sovereign Arab nation by a Western power that killed tens of thousands of Arab civilians.

So all the arabs speak enough english to understand that America is pure evil and anti-islam? It seems that we are generously provided with translations from the exremists by our infallible media... why not show us something to let us know not everyon is on board with them? Where are the giant gatherings of non-extremist arabs condemning Al-Qaeda and other wacko's? I'm sure they DO exist, but why do you think we're not shown that? Apparently the media cannot find anything worth reporting on, or they feel that we'd rather hear about who hates us, why, and how it's our own fault.

You know my post was about more than the single murder. And yeah, I think a moderate arab would find the former Iraqi regime worthy of removal. But apparently once someone cries "Jihad!" none of that matters.

I like your use of "civilian", and how you imply that the US actively seeks to kill them. Do you think that any dead arab NOT wearing an iraqi army uniform is a civilian? Do you think that any dead arab in iraq that had his weapon removed from his corpse is a civilian. Do you think that the US is to blame because people who lived in an area that was clearly a hotspot for fighting, stayed and got killed either by US fire or arab fire? Do you think that maybe the terrorists want you to see dead people on TV and believe that the "great satan" is indiscriminantly killing everyone?

All I'm asking is that IF there is a viable voice of reason backed by a large following for moderate islam, why don't we hear it? And since we don't hear it, can't you understand that some people really think that most arabs are war-bent lunatics?
Oh, hello again!

>Which ones are innocent?

The 99% of Iraqis who are just trying to live their lives.

>Sorry if they where innoccent they would be reporting evrey single
> person who was planning to cause harm to americans.

And be killed by the cleric they betrayed? Most people simply want to live their lives. They don't want to be heroes or martyrs. They don't want to be on CNN or Al-Jazeera. They just want to live their lives, like most people in the world.

And if people like you have their way, it will be clear that the US is the biggest obstacle to living their lives.

>SO again which ones are innocent? Can you tell them apart? I can't.
> Fuckin' Waste 30k of them at a time and see how long they want
> that to continue.

Saddam used such an attitude to rule Iraq for a great many years. Is he who you aspire to be?

>But the world is due for a cleansing anyway and what i think or say
> will in no way have any effect on what the eventual outcome of all
> this will be anyway.

So you think an ethnic cleansing would be a final solution to this problem?

The USA had the moral high ground in 2001. If the USA cannot keep the moral high ground (and that is looking more and more unlikely every day) then what is the justification for being there in the first place?

Pains me to say this but you are absolutely right, Doc.

We must not stoop to their level. If we do then we really will have lost.

Actually, the Arab media probably picks and chooses what it wants to show from what we sensationalize and make available, just as we do from what we hear from around the world.

Billvon isn't quoted on the US media; it'd make damn boring commentary (sorry, Bill) to have him urge us to be judicious on worldwide CNN. It's much more interesting to interview the man on the street who wants to nuke them all, or show the demonstrations. A street without demonstrations isn't very interesting.

So we see the more sensational side of them, and they see the more sensational side of us. However, a lot more Arabs probably speak English than Americans speak Arabic; that can be said about many different language-speakers in the world.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

How soon people forget that Japan was ready to send every man women and child to their death until we took out 100's of thousands of them with 2 bombs. Re-Education.......

I guess I'll say it again, have you seen cine footage of the survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Heard the accounts of people living on the outskirts of the cities at the time? Seen photo's of the deformed kids born as a result of the radiation?

Besides, the A-bombs on Japan came after an extensive campaign of heavy bombing on industrial complexes to destroy industry and cities to destroy moral. So of course to follow the historical template we must first bomb the crap out Iraqi cities with conventional weapons, will that help?

And also, like I said before the A-bombs dropped on Japan were to persuade a government to surrender, a government that has a direct responsibility to it's citizens, does AQ have the same responsibility towards ordinary arabs?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

DD,thanks for verbalizing what I was thinking after viewing the repugnant video.....when people of all faiths and of all civilized nations can agree that we need to hunt down these jackals,wherever they may be,whatever the costs......then I believe there might be hope......with some people both here and abroad giving it the ostrich treatment and refusing to acknowledge the critical,deadly nature of Islamic fundamentalist based terrorism.......then civilization as we know it is in for a really rude surprise!![:/]
Marc SCR 6046 SCS 3004

All I'm asking is that IF there is a viable voice of reason backed by a large following for moderate islam, why don't we hear it? And since we don't hear it, can't you understand that some people really think that most arabs are war-bent lunatics?

Because it doesn't make interesting copy thats why.
Think about it, does your local paper scream the headline "Man Takes Out Trash, Scratches Butt!!" on the front page?
The moderate Islamic voice is out there, it just doesn't get reported much because it's normal.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>>Is it OK for US news services to show pictures of people we tortured and killed?
>>Is it OK for someone to show a video of an american being tortured and killed?

>Either answer is yes - because they are no longer prisoners - they
> are corpses -

So yes it's OK. Flip.

>As far as it being "OK" neither scenario is.

So no it's not OK. Flop.

I think you are having an off day.
Q. Is it OK for US news services to show pictures of people we tortured and killed?
A. Part 1 - No, not if they are still prisoners, yes if they are ALREADY DEAD.
A. Part 2 - I am niether condoning, or suggesting either act as "OK"

Q. Is it OK for someone to show a video of an american being tortured and killed?
A. Part 1 - No, not if they are still prisoners, yes if they are ALREADY DEAD.
A. Part 2 - I am niether condoning, or suggesting either act as "OK"

Show me the flip flop again? Seems pretty clear - even the first two times I typed it.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun