jlmiracle

Al-Qaeda BEHEADED U.S. Contractor

I guess I just have to comment here. I am not replying to anyone here. I don't suggest that we kill them all or pull out completely immediately.

I watched the video for a reason. Know thy enemy. I fly for the airlines. 4 airliners were hi-jacked and flown as weapons to create destruction on the ground. These terrorists never do things just once. Look how many suicide bombers they've used over the years. Doesn't matter if they miss everyone. They keep doing it. So, I suspect they will try to do hi-jackings again.

So, I watched the video to know my enemy. My enemy has no soul. There is no reasoning. No negotiating. To fight him, you have to be ruthless, ferocious if you are to have a chance of surviving. When they strike, I will not see it coming. But I must be mentally ready to meet the aggression. They need no excuse to attack me other than they just hate all westerners and infidels. I have done nothing to them personally.

As I watched the video my brain actually burned. I've never had that sensation before. It might have been anger but it wasn't rage. It actually felt like it was burning. A very odd sensation. I felt ill to my stomach as there was nothing I could do to stop what happened. It wasn't happening live. It was a recording. I thought that I would probably watch it twice to internalize it. But really, once was enough.

I think all Americans should watch the video. They need to know exactly what Al Qaeda is capable of. There is no negotiating with them. They must be found and taken out of circulation so they can't do any more harm to the public. They are ruthless and an abomination to Islam.

I guess that's about all I have to say now.

"They are ruthless and an abomination to Islam."
Absolutely, well said Chris.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

So Turtlespeed, I have to ask - do you feel Tunaplanet should be considered liable for a violation of the Geneva Convention for posting that video, as you claimed in the "geneva convention" thread? Should this video be supressed? Or are there different rules for news that supports your position?

In a simple answer - no - (It would be yes if he was still a prisoner) - but at the time of the video being released - he was dead and no longer a prisoner.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

and the worst thing that could happen is for us to get into a pissing contest with these terrorists.

You have got to be fucking kidding me. That means the terrorists will have won. What makes you think we are not already in it (a pissing contest)? What makes you think that if we were to pull out of Iraq, we would not still be it it? Al Quaeda and other terrorists do not really give a fuck about Iraq. All they care about is destroying the American infidels. We are in a giant pissing contest dude, and one of the things that bothers me is that some people don't really give a shit if they get pissed on or not. I'll bet Mr. Berg's parents give a shit. I give a shit.

You're absolutely right. We already are in a pissing contest. But how do you expect a pissing contest to end? Heading in this direction it's going to continue to get worse and worse. We retaliate, they retaliate. We blow up their cities, they blow up our cities.

How much destruction (on our side as well as their side) are you willing to deal with? How many more of our cities do you want attacked and how many more of our citizens do you want brutally executed?

Is it worth paying any price so long as our pride is intact?
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

Well said, DD.

My take? I advocate calling my friends stationed at Grand Forks AFB and F.E. Warren AFB. They're the ones living 50 feet underground. They've got the solution. It's launched by a little brass key. A little "Theromnuclear suppository" shoved up the arseholes of these individuals.

It's time to drop the fucking gloves... Make Iraq and Afghanistan fucking glow.

Fuck them.

Well said, DD.

My take? I advocate calling my friends stationed at Grand Forks AFB and F.E. Warren AFB. They're the ones living 50 feet underground. They've got the solution. It's launched by a little brass key. A little "Theromnuclear suppository" shoved up the arseholes of these individuals.

It's time to drop the fucking gloves... Make Iraq and Afghanistan fucking glow.

Fuck them.

Ok, i am not sure I understand this. When the abuse of prisoners came to light, people were saying that we should not judge all soldiers based on the actions of a few.

Now, this video comes out, as abhorrent as it is, and now two whole nations are responsible for the actions of a few and both countries should be leveled with nuclear arms?

I don't get it.

Ok, i am not sure I understand this. When the abuse of prisoners came to light, people were saying that we should not judge all soldiers based on the actions of a few.

Now, this video comes out, as abhorrent as it is, and now two whole nations are responsible for the actions of a few and both countries should be leveled with nuclear arms? I don't get it.

Actually, when the abuse came out, some did blame "the US military" and "it went all the way to the top".

When the beheading happened, some did blame the entire Muslim culture.

The key word here is 'some'. There will always be knee jerk reactions and overly simplified reaction statements.

Both positions are wrong and the individuals need to be captured and dealt with to avoid this ever happening. The only difference here is we are directly dealing with our problem people. I hope to hear the same from the Muslim community someday. Oh, and another difference is the severity of the actions of course. Beheading does not in any way = humiliation.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

and to be honest I haven't got a clue what you're saying.
Why would it be against their agenda to condemn this execution?

Really - You don't see that?
Well, if the execution is given as much press as the fallen soldiers and the caskets and the pictures of our dead - what outrage do you think the American populace will have?

The democrats that are against the war will never want this footage to be aired. They want it put away until after the election so they don't raise a "Let's get 'em" mob mentality. After the election they will bring it out and say - look what Bush Did! *Shrug* See it for what it is - a monstrocity carried out by animals. Animals that were raised to do that by the extremist that we took out of power.

Question - if they are so proud of what they have done and so high and mighty - why do they cover thier faces?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Ok, fine...Then simply dip every round of ammunition in pig blood/fat/whatever. See what happens when we start denying these animals their 72 virgins.

They want to make this a war of Islam versus the US? We can oblige. I'm tired of losing friends to this bullshit.

Ok, fine...Then simply dip every round of ammunition in pig blood/fat/whatever. See what happens when we start denying these animals their 72 virgins.

They want to make this a war of Islam versus the US? We can oblige. I'm tired of losing friends to this bullshit.

Do you actually remember what our stated reason was for invading Iraq in the first place?

They did NOT invite us to be there.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It's amazing to me -- though not surprising -- that you would find some twisted way of making this out to be the fault of the American military.

There are some news reports out that the father of the beheaded man blames the us military. Those same reports also say that his father was a staunch opponent to the US war in Iraq.

see here

The democrats that are against the war will never want this footage to be aired.

The democrats don't control this footage, it's already out there. They would gain nothing by ignoring it now because people have already seen it

Question - if they are so proud of what they have done and so high and mighty - why do they cover thier faces?

Just because they're sick doesn't mean they're stupid.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

The democrats that are against the war will never want this footage to be aired.

The democrats don't control this footage, it's already out there. They would gain nothing by ignoring it now because people have already seen it

Let me rephrase that then. >The democrats that are against the war will never want this footage to be aired, even though it already has - they still loath that the footage is there because it might undermine what they want politically.

Let me rephrase that then. >The democrats that are against the war will never want this footage to be aired, even though it already has - they still loath that the footage is there because it might undermine what they want politically.

Well, I don't agree with your analysis.

Then why wasn't there as much talk about this incident on the news as there was about our abusing the prisoners -

We abuse prisoners - Dems use this to degrade what we are doing

Video of beheading takes place - Dems ignore it as much as they can because it might stirr more support for the war.

Depends what context you present it in I suppose.
Those who pushed for war might say 'see what these people are capable of? We were right to invade so we can get rid of scum like this.'
Those who opposed the war would say 'we told you this would happen, this is why we didn't want the war'

Right now I don't think there are many politicians on either side who can seriously advocate running away from Iraq, on the other hand surely neither side wants to escalate the conflict back into full scale war.

For a lot of people video's like this will strengthen the campaign against Bush.

Liveandive said...
At the risk of sounding a bit coarse prejudiced, I can't get too worked up about this incident. An independent American Iraqi businessman 26 y/o Muslim went into an active war zone hoping to get rich on a fat contract. He had to have known the risks, especially considering his lack of security.

Interesting when a word is changed here and there, but the sentiment remains the same.

On top of what Michele noted, I've seen nothing indicating Nick Berg's nationality, religion or previous experience (it was his second trip to Iraq).

His nationality was American, his religion was Jewish. He apparently wore some type of religous device under his clothes that his father said would have probably sealed his fate if his abductors/murderers were on the fence as to whether to kill him.

I'm not sure how Michelle turned my comments into something "prejudiced." I was considering going to Iraq with Bechtel. The pay is nothing to shake a stick at. They impose pretty strict restrictions on the movement of their employees, and they have the military providing all their security (on the project I was considering), and I STILL had to weigh the risks of working in such an environment versus the reward for surviving the experience. All I was saying was this guy did not have the security services of a major corporation, much less the military, and thereby had to recognize his additional risk exposure. What's prejudiced about noting that?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Then why wasn't there as much talk about this incident on the news as there was about our abusing the prisoners

Over here in the UK this has had huge amounts of air time and most of the front pages, aren't we supposed to be more left wing than the US?

That was wrong...

We should drop the largest hydrogen bomb known to man on that fucking place.. Pull the troops.. and BOOM!!! Glass parking lot!!

Those coward, bastard mother fuckers!!!!

Let the fucking Marines Loose!!! Fuck those assholes!!!

You mean, like, judge all of them based on the disgusting actions of a few sadist nutcases?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

You mean, like, judge all of them based on the disgusting actions of a few sadist nutcases?

Absolutely. Kill thousands of them because of blanket prejudice against their way of life.
I can't see the hypocrisy in that:S

His nationality was American, his religion was Jewish. He apparently wore some type of religous device under his clothes that his father said would have probably sealed his fate if his abductors/murderers were on the fence as to whether to kill him.

I'm not sure how Michelle turned my comments into something "prejudiced."

I mis-read Michele's editing and your original post. My only question was about what Berg's religion and his "heritage" (I used nationality improperly).
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Then why wasn't there as much talk about this incident on the news as there was about our abusing the prisoners -

We abuse prisoners - Dems use this to degrade what we are doing

Video of beheading takes place - Dems ignore it as much as they can because it might stirr more support for the war.

Rubbish - it's all over the news. You are inventing "facts" to suit your argument.

Why less coverage? - simple, the prison abuses have had a couple of weeks head start. Even the Cubs can win if you give them a 15 run start.

I watched the video this morning....it is chilling to the bone...and then some. awefull awefull and worse. I think if they would have been more carefull at the prison this wouldn't of been so blatant....but then again they are savages over there as it is..so who knows...

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....