gus

Have you heard of apartheid?

The 21st century US expantion is nowhere where there is no oil, and backpedals out of conflict area's (Like North Korea) that have WMD's and no oil.

Well, so much for US expansion. 2 countries in this century, Afghanistan and Iraq. One has oil one does not.

Is this clear 4 u tonto?:P
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

[:/]True, and that is the reason when idiots such as the one deemed "untouchable" by most of your compatriots make statments that US is not to defend itself, you start crying foul, and how can we dare!.

It work both ways you know?
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Well, so much for US expansion. 2 countries in this century, Afghanistan and Iraq. One has oil one does not.

Is this clear 4 u tonto?:P

Crystal.

Afganistan was not about expansion. It was about going after a government that had sheltered the man responsible for 9-11. It had the backing of the UN and the entire free world.

Iraq is about expansion. It was based on the "WMD / Saddam was involved in 9-11" lie. It had no backing from the UN or most of the free world.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

We are all very fond of our Grandad and the older he gets the more protective we become.

South Africans are keenly aware of the fact that but for a tiny group of of powerful yet peaceful individuals this place would have decended into civil war.
The leaders led and the nation sucked it up and put away the bullshit.

I suppose what Tonto is trying to point out is that there IS another way.:)

The quote was from the NY TImes.... Ok, I will reverse this a little.

What he said was idiotic!!!!!
What the pope said about the war was IDIOTIC as well!!!

Chris

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

Its not so Black and White (Forgive the pun) There were plenty of Black Policemen using Sambocks and plenty of collusion. And plenty of White South Africans fighting in various ways against Aparthied.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

He absolutely does have that right. And we have the right to consider the source.

Most of the time, when one is the only person holding a viewpoint, it's not as noble to go down defending it as it is to consider the viewpoint in the light of new evidence.

Rejecting the possibility that anything might change one's mind, or calling people who disagree with one idiots or traitors is the mark of a small-minded bigot.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Rejecting the possibility that anything might change one's mind, or calling people who disagree with one idiots or traitors is the mark of a small-minded bigot.
Wendy W.

Correct, but you should also be open to consider these muslim extremist as an enemy, as a big portion of the US population believes.

And that is the point he was making, hell, some people can call GWB Criminal and murderer, why not have someone the right to call Mandela an idiot?

On the other hand, Tonto, implies that this is all a US expansionist imperialist movement, according to a prior post, He gets corrected, but still finds a way to fit things to his own perspective without recognition to the fact that based on recent history of US occupying enemy territory was not conductive of the same practices European countries practiced on its colonies until not long ago. I.e: Philippines, Germany, Japan, South Korea. And not all of these conflicts were Oil oriented.

His was not a message of how things can be done differently:|.

You have the right to call them idiots. And btw thrown a couple for The queen while you are it:P

Now I think you are simply trying to be offensive. The Queen does not figure in this conversation and has nothing to do with the topic. Keep it clean.>:(

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

He absolutely does have that right. And we have the right to consider the source.

Most of the time, when one is the only person holding a viewpoint, it's not as noble to go down defending it as it is to consider the viewpoint in the light of new evidence.

Wendy W.

Amen.

You have the right to call them idiots. And btw thrown a couple for The queen while you are it:P

Now I think you are simply trying to be offensive. The Queen does not figure in this conversation and has nothing to do with the topic. Keep it clean.>:(

:|Frank, I don't understand why you ask to stay on topic, when Erroll makes a coment of Drunk driving charges for GWB, to a post from Kallend, in which the latter states that Mandela was a freedom fighter, then goes tonto, and pretends to false accuse the US of imperialism in the 21 first century, while off topic.

Hey, if everyone is bashing everyone, lets have the queen have a share of the fun, wouldn't you agree? It is not fun without our allies...:PB|

"We are all very fond of our Grandad and the older he gets the more protective we become. "

For what its worth, Scratch, he's pretty well respected here too.
Here's a list of streets named after him from streetmap.co.uk.

Mandela Avenue, Brackla, Bridgend, Mid Glamorgan, CF31
Mandela Avenue, Falkirk, FK2
Mandela Close, London, NW10
Mandela Close, Norwich, NR3
Mandela Close, Stanley, County Durham, DH9
Mandela Close, Sunderland, SR1
Mandela Court, Reading, RG1
Mandela Street, London, NW1
Mandela Street, London, SW9
Mandela Way, Gateshead, Tyne And Wear, NE11
Mandela Way, London, SE1
Mandela Way, Southampton, SO15
Mandela Way, Stoke-On-Trent, ST3
Nelson Mandela Close, London, N_10
Nelson Mandela Place, Glasgow, G_2
Nelson Mandela Road, London, SE3
Nelson Mandela Walk, Sheffield, S_2

I don't know how many buildings are named after him, there are lots though.

Don't waste your time looking for streets named after George Bush.......
"The query returned no matches, please try again.":)
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson