prepheckt

What should I say to the President?

President Bush will be our commencement speaker for the AFA graduation this year. As such we will get to hear him make a speech (that in itself is going to be an interesting) and either we get to shake his hand or salute him, not sure which, so I'll have a chance to say something. What should I say?

Edit: I'd like to say something interesting, something other then "thanks" "Glad to serve" etc.
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

I've met W. quite a few times, he's actually very interesting to chat with if you can talk to him for a few minutes. He is, actually, very intelligent, and a very good speaker, especially in a smaller setting.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Salute him with your middle finger...... Then tell him to bite your ass:ph34r:

Then brace yourself for the secret service dogpile you are about to experience..

Plus the court-martial for disparaging the President, especially in a public forum, and in front of the generals who run this place....
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

Sometimes, the mundane is exactly what's called for. If you can put your real feelings into a short sentence, say that -- it's the most powerful statement you can make, and it's honest.

Unless you get very lucky, you won't come up with something someone else said that reflect your own honest feelings.

So think about your feelings, get them worded well. Then practice it, because you'd hate to get tongue-tied.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

President Bush will be our commencement speaker for the AFA graduation this year. As such we will get to hear him make a speech (that in itself is going to be an interesting) and either we get to shake his hand or salute him, not sure which, so I'll have a chance to say something. What should I say?

Edit: I'd like to say something interesting, something other then "thanks" "Glad to serve" etc.

I'd like to give you a piece of advice a SMSgt friend gave me when I pinned on Captain: "Never pass up a chance to keep yer mouth shut."

Just thank him, salute smartly and move on.

v/r

-Capt Monkey