Jessica

If you could do anything today

I often play the "if-I-could-be-anywhere-but-here" game with myself at work...thinking about the myriad things I could be doing rather than pushing a mouse.
Obviously, the No. 1 fantasy is skydiving, but today I found myself seized with a maddening urge to curl up on my couch, hide under a blanket, and watch a Star Wars movie marathon.
Anyone else?

I would like to be sitting in my backyard; while it's 80 degrees, on a lawn chair. no socks, no shoes, button up/short sleeve shirt thats unbuttoned, pair of shorts w/ an ice cold corona in my right hand and a ciggerette in my left hand. Looking out into the farmers field that is behind my house thinking of doing hop and pops from the planes that fly by.
god damn, that would be nice
chris

i wouldn't mind being back in ohio right now,hanging out at the waffel house...well later tonigh i would be there, it's fun to hang out there at like 1am and see what kinda wierd and cool people come in. pluss thr drunks are always funny to watch.....specialy if your one of em.....
<>

Well if I couldn't go jumping, I'd like to be up in the mountains skiing, or under the deep blue, scuba diving...

I'm with you man. I'd either be running one of the dictator chutes at Big Sky or diving Devil's Throat in Cozumel.
------------
Blue Skies!
Zennie

I'd want to be at this mountain ravine near my sister's farm in South Africa (Tulbagh). There is a little wooden shack and you have to hike up this trail to get there. There is a stream running down this ravine, which they have dammed up into a little cement boere (farmers') jacuzzi. You can skinny dip in this little 'jacuzzi' and drink wine while you watch the sun set over the valley. It is autumn now in South Africa, so the vineyards will be looking really beautiful, all rusty yellow and gold.
Damn, Jessica, now you've gone and made me all home-sick...
/s
[drop till you party!]

Jessica:
The clouds have been hanging around all day, it's colder than a witch's t*t outside!
So I'd like to be on a plane on my way to Florida to do some work in the wind tunnel at night and learn to scuba dive during the day (when I'm not lying around in the sun smothered in coconut oil). Oh yeah, the sun has to be shining and it's got to be at least 80+ degrees with a light breeze blowing in from the ocean!
Bring on global warming!!
Divadiver

Damn, Jessica, now you've gone and made me all home-sick...

Actually, it sounds like your home did that.
I wonder if I could ever miss any geographic aspect of Dallas...there are no streams...no vineyards...no trees...no nothin'. As much as I love Texas, central north is the ugliest part of it.
Who lives someplace really pretty? I'm up for a change in locale in a year or two.

Who lives someplace really pretty?

Well I'm sure many of us find our surroundings beautiful... my province is known as "Beautiful British Columbia", and my city, Victoria, is known as "the City of Gardens". It is truly one of the most beautiful corners of this planet.
Frank

Hmmm... Somewhere but not skydiving.
I used to have a lot in common with many of you - SCUBA:)Still, just one more time I'd love to dive on the shipwrecks off Elie in Fife, also off the West Coast of Scotland, The Bonhomme Richard (now they've found it) off Bridlington...
OK, I know it's all drysuit dives, but at the time a drysuit worked out A LOT cheaper than a wetsuit & repeated 'plane tickets to warm places & there's a lot of history off Britains coasts. Some of the scotish west coast dives have the most amazingly clear water - you'd think you were in the Bahamas (until you remember you're wearing a drysuit & thermals, not a short wetsuit.
Oh yeah... One other advantage of diving off the coast of Scotland... The local sharks are only interested in plankton!!!!!
Mike D10270.

if i could do anything today....
i know that this is supposed to exclude skydiving but i cant help it :) Today we went to the *site*. a lot of my family, and a lot of my cousins friends. As i stood out there , in the middle of nowhere, with vast amounts of woods surrounding me all I could do was stare up at the cross we put on the tree, and look at the sky beyond. I would have loved to been able to make a jump today. the weather was warm, the clouds were there, but so were the vast amounts of open blue sky. I wanted to be up there jumping. Not for me, but for my cousin. Just to let him know that Ive learned a lot of things from his death, amongst those things that i have learned i have learned how important it is to live life to its fullest. I wanted nothing more than to be 12,500 feet closer to him, able to fly on my back and wave like crazy to him, yelling in joy the entire way down.
im not ready to fly like that yet, and maybe that was better. this being the first anniversary my family needed me more than i needed me. But next year, you can be gaurenteed that ill be on every load possible, trying to get closer and closer to him.
so thats what i wished i was doing today. Ask me this again in 365 days, maybe ill have my wish.
froggie

cashing in that winning lottery ticket but really, since it's midweek and I have 2 more days before I see my boyfriend, the thing I'd like to be doing most is rolling around the bed, the couch, the kitchen and everywhere else in the house all day with him.

Now that's got my imagination working! (The lottery ticket, I mean - THE WINNING LOTTERY TICKET!!! ... I know what you're all thinking... mmmmmmmmmmm)
Really, though - I would have MUCH prefered to be jumping today, rather than at work - it was just gorgeous most of the day...

Sit under a Camelthorn tree with my dad, somewhere in Africa, watching the sun set as the animals slowly come down to drink, listening to the guinea-fowl franticly scrubbing for seeds and the call of the African Fish Eagle rolling over the water ... our campfire crackling....oh, if I could do anything today! :)Safe swoops
Sangiro

I'm thinking there is some universal African theme here. I wish I was at the top of Kili watching the sunrise again... or just back over there jumping, it's just life changing I love it. And for all of you people who checked out my pics on fruce's site...those 100th pix naked are over the beaches in Africa...wouldn't mind doing that again!!! Except this time I would take a guy with me, wouldn't mind getting lucky while I was over there!!
**BLUE ONES**
BITE ME.... :P

Now that's got my imagination working! (The lottery ticket, I mean - THE WINNING LOTTERY TICKET!!! ... I know what you're all thinking... mmmmmmmmmmm)

Ha ha ha ha, I love ya, Frank, as always!.....okay, so I'll change my answer, after cashing in the winning lottery ticket, we'd be rolling around the bed, couch, kitchen and everywhere else covered in nothing but crisp 100 dollar bills....mmmmmmmmm, now there's a fantasy:)Much love and blue skies,
Carrie http://www.geocities.com/skydivegrl20/

Considering that I haven't seen my honey since January my perfect day would have to be spent with him, starting with some wild sex, then breakfast, more horizontal mambo, then lunch, more nookie, a nice dinner out, a walk on the beach at sunset to a private little cove where... you guessed it! ... we'd have passionate sex. Then back home for a long shower together and sleep.
Horny? Me???
pull and flare,
lisa

okay, i have to tell you all this..........i did and went where ever i wanted to go today........ya just need large amounts of beer and a vivid imagination......"my mama always said: this was my magic mind, it'd take me anywhere"-forest gump
<>