fallonflyer

You're all AWESOME

I just read Skips introduction, and I realized that I failed to do the same. I just signed up to this site a couple of days ago. I must say that I am overwhelmed by everyones welcoming attitude. So here's my story. I went on my tandem a couple of months back, and ever since then nothing quite measures up to skydiving. I'm a total freak for info on skydiving. Finally I found this killer skydiving site to help with my cravings. I have saved every penny that I can to get my A license, and have sold a lot of stuff that at one time used to be important to me. I plan to have enough money within a month and basically live at the DZ from then on. I must admit that I was a little bit weary of being accepted by other skydivers, but from what I have seen on this site I have nothing to worry about. You are all awesome and I can't wait to be one of you. Skydiving has filled a hole that has been inside of me for a long time. Not only that, I love beer too. Seems like a match made in heaven. Thanks again.

welcome.....we'll drink a beer for all the new guys/gals here at texel tonight for ya (we'l be drinking so many there's plenty to go around!!!) see ya in the sky someday!!

"if dreams are like movies, then memories are like films about ghosts"-counting crows

Welcome!! Skydiving definately IS a bug...but one you don't want to get rid of either! You better prepare all friends and family to spend as much time with you as they can now before you start your student progression, cuz after that they won't be seeing ya much anymore!
Terribly addictive...I need some AIR!
Pammi
"The question is not whether we will die, but how we will live."
http://trak.to/skydivechick

. I must admit that I was a little bit weary of being accepted by other skydivers, but from what I have seen on this site I have nothing to worry about.

Welcome, and you're right-you don't have anything to worry about because skydivers are the best group of people that I have ever met. Just keep an open mind, ask questions, be considerate of your fellow jumpers (i.e., don't fart on the plane!),and buy beer every once in awhile, and you'll do fine! :)Andrea

OH...I shall corrupt him beyond salvation!!! lol (evil laugh) hahahahahahahahaha
Welcome to the lair of the freefall addicts, my son. I am your high priestess, and these are your fellow acolytes.
We are worthy of your praise and look favorably upon you for you proper show of respect. Welcome to our cult, we embrace thee.
Sis
"What we're all really seeking is something where we can feel the rapture of being alive."J.Campbell

{{{Freaksis:Welcome to the lair of the freefall addicts, my son. I am your high priestess, and these are your fellow acolytes. We are worthy of your praise and look favorably upon you for you proper show of respect. Welcome to our cult, we embrace thee.}}}}
Hoping this one comes to the DarkSide. I had 2 of my brothers show up in RW suits the other day and I about fainted. (Disclaimer: Nothing wrong with RW) Anyway, they looked so different!! I told them: Once you freefly you can not deny and return to the belly fly! Anyway they were messing with me, doing a RW for fun. Thats cool. Maybe I will do that one jump. Nah.
Congradulations on getting hit by the Big Air Bug.
Lookee at some skydiving pictures: http://airann.com
And come and jump me, I mean with me.
Clear Blue and Extra Alt,
AirAnn
http://www.AirAnn.com

Freaksis, no offense, but why do I get the impression that you're the 'diet-coke' of evil? :)
Now, true evil would be me uploading the video I'm digitizing of the amazingly sliderific landing that you had out here in Oklahoma a few weeks back. Remember, it's flare at 10-feet, not 25-feet off the planet...
Kris
(Damn, I'm bad. Bring on the pickles and my Sun-God[tm] robes!)

Kris, honey...you just want to overthrow your goddess. Fact of the matter is, no matter how shitty my landings are, I will always be the mistress! I am totally against Diet Coke or any other diet drinks...and the only light beer I drink is Amstel Light (because it tastes good). Now don't fuck with me, child!! You may have the shake and flake down, but you do not analyze the sistah. I can refer you to those who know the depth of my evil if you wish! If not, survive on, babe!
Love,
Sis
"What we're all really seeking is something where we can feel the rapture of being alive."J.Campbell

i don't know about everywhere, but my DZ is funny...i realize that the jumpers there (myself include) are a bunch of geeks...and in any other place we may never have spoken 2 words to each other...but we can all come together and have a great time. that's the brotherhood of freefall at it's best.

Srewbag - that is so true!
The guys at my DZ are such a random bag of loons.....I would never have met them if I didn't skydive....We've got company directors, tree surgeons, scientists, students, ex-army, undercover police, accountants, sales people, ex-bank robbers, plumbers, millionnaires. Wow, and that's just my friends!
It's really cool because we all jump together and get pissed up together and the age/ background differences don't seem to matter at all. Welcome Fallonflyer! You're gonna love it!
(BTW, the geek thing is accurate too - maybe because we all spend our money on bloody skydiving instead of clothes/ fashion appendages? Outcasts and frrrrrreaks!)
Emma

Kris, honey...you just want to overthrow your goddess. Fact of the matter is, no matter how shitty my landings are, I will always be the mistress! I am totally against Diet Coke or any other diet drinks...and the only light beer I drink is Amstel Light (because it tastes good). Now don't fuck with me, child!! You may have the shake and flake down, but you do not analyze the sistah. I can refer you to those who know the depth of my evil if you wish! If not, survive on, babe!

*thinks to self: goddess... throw... over...* So, Mistress Freaksis, if I were to analyze the depths of your 'sistah-ness' you could prove that you were the one true DZ-deity?
I can live with that, but only because you're a red-head.
Kris
[William Shatner Voice] Must. Stop. Accepting Women. As My. Personal Saviors. [/William Shatner Voice]

you pretty much read my mind...
I too have the bug.
I made my first jump 3 weeks ago on vacation and I felt right at home at the drop zone. The instructors were great! The other divers were great! My buddies and I have found a local drop zone here at home and will be starting classes next month! I am just thankfull I have extra money saved up.
I just found this site today and it is getting me excited about my next jump! :)
Keep me posted on your A license
"To know your alive is to be alive"