Aviatrr

Some pics from Deland

UPDATE: Since there seemed to be problems with the individual links below, I created a basic index with each pic on it.. Try this site..
http://www.geocities.com/aviatrr
Here are some pics from Deland this past weekend.....I'm not exactly what you would call a computer guru, so let's hope this works.. :)Here's one of 5 of us in the Otter.. Bottom left is me, behind me is Andrea(skymama), behind Andrea is JT(jtval), bottom right is Jonathan(watcher), behind Jonathan is Lisa(mouth).
The group in the Supersonic Otter
Just like skydivers....always geeking the camera
Andrea on the way to the plane
JT on the way to the plane
Lisa on the way to the plane, Jonathan behind her
Nice shot of Lisa, Jonathan, and JT in a three way.
Funnel part 1 - JT decides to take out the formation
Funnel part 2 - Are they trying to go head down?
Funnel part 3 - Lisa has a hard collision with Jonathan
Lisa by herself in the Mantis(?) position
Lisa and Jonathan after the funnel
A big smile from me on a head down exit from the Skyvan
Some head down fun
Part of the way through a head down over/under move
Lisa landing
JT landing
Andrea landing
A shot of Deland from the air
Jonathan in the plane
Would YOU be nervous if you saw THIS after opening?! I was!
I never could get a picture of Jonathan landing - he always got to the ground shortly after myself, and I didn't have enough time to get the camera helmet off and aim for a pic.. I never got any pics of Marc - he was only there part of Sat, and didn't even jump with any of us.. I see how ya are, Marc.. :)I'll post some video to the video vault sometime soon.. Definitely the funnel, possibly a low pull(assuming that person doesn't object to me first), and whatever else I find interesting.. If anybody that was there wants anything specific, let me know..
Mike

Hey! Links no workee!

Hmm.. Worked for me, and obviously for Anne.. I'm no techie, so I can't really help ya man.. All I can say is that you have to go to each link individually - I didn't make any kind of index page to link to each pic..
Mike

i don't understand the opening canopy shot?? what was wrong??

Are you asking what doesn't look right about the canopy, or WHY did it look that way? Well, either way, I guess I can answer.. First of all, it's a Spectre 150 that I load at over 1.4:1 - probably almost 1.5 with all the camera stuff.. As you can see, the back side of the canopy is bowed quite a bit....the WRONG WAY.. A Spectre is a "slightly tapered" canopy, but the taper makes it look like more of an elongated oval(best way I can explain it).. In this particular case, there was something going on that kept me from pulling at my pre-planned altitude.. I was in a full flat track....hauling ass.. I hit 2 grand, and I dumped immediately.. Didn't matter that I was in a track - I was at my hard deck.. It was either pull in the track or flare out, slow down, and go silver.. Spectre's normally open slow, even in a slow track.. Never dumped one in a full track.. Lemme tell ya....it hurt.. Then the canopy did this funky little dance for about 30 seconds after opening, and I was damn close to chopping it.. As it did this dance, the ride got interesting.. Dive left, dive right, rock back, etc.. It straightened out with some serious riser input..
Mike

HELP....I've fallen and I can't get up.
OK, I just can't get the pics up but anyway. I really hate computers. Since I have the video and I was there I guess I can just watch it from there. I would really love the pic's however so would you email them directly to me???
The video is great....everyone at work now thinks I am crazy.

mouth all you have to do is rightclick on the link and then click copy link location (thats what Netscape says but EI may be different) and then in another browser window paste the link and it will work its kinda annoying but its the only way to look at linked pics that are hosted my Geocities those people suck!!>:(
Remember when Sex was safe and skydiving was Dangerous?

I don't use Netscape, so I can't commend on that.....but Internet Explorer seems to get all the pics just fine for me.. I right click on the link, and select 'Open in New Window'.. I never knew people had problems with Geocities - I would've posted 'em elsewhere had I known..
Mike

even though i was there and got the video. its cool too see the still frames. even though the funnell thing was there. haha. sorry. good stuff mike. thanks for the link.
i guess i could change my sig to this...
look out, I'm coming through!!!
JT

Mike, great pics, and thanks for posting them. And you are so sweet to not show the picture of the rest of that landing! :D I'll tell my big ugly secret though- I flaired too high (as usual) and ended up on my knees and hands. Unfortunately, what seemed like the black lagoon had appeared overnight in that field from all the rain, and I was up to my elbows and knees in water and muck for the rest of the day!
And, Mike, check out the pic that says "Andrea walking to the plane". I know I was having a bad hair day from all the humidity, but I didn't look THAT bad! (I love ya, JT!) ;)
Andrea
"Up high, I feel like I'm alive for the very first time"