Pammi

Back in the saddle

Thanks to those of you for all your advice and thoughts on the other thread where I was 'wiggin' a bit after seeing a friend get hurt. As an update, our friend Charlie is doing great! His new nickname is Gumby, as he's apparently rubber or some other type of material. He is coming away from his accident with just tissue damage and a dislocated ankle!! He will be okay :)
Merrick and I got back in the air on Saturday. He's back to his standup landings and did great! We went back down Sunday as we'd promised our daughter because she was supposed to help fly a plane that day, not knowing if we'd jump or not because of what'd happened and the pilot of the day. But we got there, and immediately got asked if we could fill the load as we were walking in the door (they had a Caravan...a rare occurance). Um, okay. It was great, no time to think. Then another fellow skydiver also landed without a flare! Luckily she is just off student status and had a large enough canopy she wasn't hurt badly. She will be very, very sore tomorrow tho. I got back up for one more jump then called it a day (back is killing me...had an opening so hard that it almost ripped my helmet off!).
Anyway...despite it all...Merrick did fabulous, and I got back up.
Thank you all so much!
Pamela
Hemp/skydiving jewelry pics!

Glad to hear that you got back up in the air. Know how hard that first jump after can be. You are lucky that you got up with out a lot of time to think that over analysis can paralize you. I am glad to hear that your friend will be OK I hate to hear of fellows getting hurt.
God bless us and God Bless America
Albatross

Oh, happy happy happy message!:)Both you and Merrick? In the air, and returning to the joyous sky, to the freedom? WWHHHHHAAAAHHHHHOOOOOOOO! for both of you.
I'm pleased, and tickled. And did your daughter get to help fly the plane?
ciels-
Michele
"What of the dreams that never die? Turn to your left at the end of the sky".
~e e cummings~

Awesome Pammi!! Glad to hear that you are back up in the air!! I can't wait till next weekend. We are going to pay slots all day long for cameras for me and Laura. It should be sweet. I want to get at least 5 jump videoed. 2 of me, 2 of her, and the one of us together or something like that.
Should be fun!!! Keep it up!
--------------
Brandon Wren

back in the air....blah, blah, blah...

;) That's good to hear. I am glad you both got to skydive! You know, that's funny that Merrick is all healed up and all, when my right middle-finger is still very broken. I had hoped that it was just jammed, but as I suspected then at Quincy(and wrote in the hell ride article), it is definitely broken at the middle joint. Actually, it broke the left side of the joint off and it's still free-floating! Me being the king of work ethic and the master of pessimism when it comes to taking care of myself, I only got to the doctor for X-rays early last week. The doc just shook his head and wondered how it was that I could go that long with an injury like that. I neglected to tell him that I still skydive every weekend too and what a pain in the ass it is to pull and then do my right-riser dives!
Concerning the other guy that you thought had bought it last week: I am glad he is OK. As I have stated previously, people have their own ways of dealing with fatalities. Eventually, they just don't bother you so bad. I know that sounds very callous, but some people deal with it best by just driving on. I am glad you talked yourself through the situation and am also pleased that we have such a good "support group" here on the forums.
Chuck

OW Chuck!!! Take care of yourself :(
Thanks so much guys. I'm glad I got back up also. I heard a story at work today of some people (friends of my new boss) that almost got taken out while on the highway...seconds from it...just goes to show we never can be totally safe unless we're in a bubble.
Thanks for letting me vent/talk the other day!
Hemp/skydiving jewelry pics!

Pammi,
I pronounced a young married couple dead this weekend. they were driving home from one of there parents house. when a drunk took em out!!! They were married for only 2 weeks.
You never know when it will be your turn. so take a cue from me when I say that enjoy your life now, as I have seen the sorrow of many people who didn't think it would be there family members taken from them so young.
take care and may you have many BLUE ones..
Marc
Because I fly, I envy no man on earth

It truly is JUST a job. It took me a long, long time to seperate the two. I was bringing home WAY too many emotions. you can only see so many dead people and especialy dead kids before you decide to put your job into a different space in your head.
But thank you for the kind words. amazingly, I know that I have SAVED lives and my partners and I have rarely heard an I thank you. Usualy it is a call from a lawyer complaining that we broke some ribs trying to dislodge something from there airway. Pre-hospital work in this litigous society SUCKS!!!
Marc

It truly is JUST a job. It took me a long, long time to seperate the two. I was bringing home WAY too many emotions. you can only see so many dead people and especialy dead kids before you decide to put your job into a different space in your head.
But thank you for the kind words. amazingly, I know that I have SAVED lives and I have rarely heard a thank you. Usualy it is a call from a lawyer complaining that we broke some ribs trying to dislodge something from there clients airway. Pre-hospital work in this litigous society SUCKS!!!
Marc