Viking

What is the craziest/dumbest thing you have done??

Kinda of a dumb question on a skydiving forum but indulge me. :)Me? well lets see.
Back in highschool me and a bunch of friends would do long ass smoky burnouts in the driveway of the school. The funny part would be that they had installed these plastic speed bumps and we would allways burn a tire on them. My friend $@#*$ had his grandma catti one day and did a minute long smoke show you could see anything but smoke it was awsome. and on the last day of my senior year we all did bleach asisted burnouts. Now mind you My car was an 85 Grand Marque with 170,000 on the clock!!! My friends car was an old Monte Carlo SS with a corvette motor and tranny!! that shit was loud as hell but man could he light um up.
also Me and a few friends would do what we called missions. One mission was on the local baseball field. we went in the middle of the night with sling shots and a few pellet guns and shot as many of the spot lights as we could before the popo showed up. When they did i hid behind a bush and the pig drove right past me on the dirt road that went behind the field. he stoped about 10 feet from me and parked and got out with his fucking brake lights shining right on me!!! thank god for army surplus camo!! i just curled up and became one with the bush and as soon as he got far enough away i grabed my pellet gun and bolted. everybody made it back but we vowed never to do that shit again.
ok so spill it and don't say "Skydiving" :)I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver

Hmmmm......the list is long. Many times I should have killed myself when I was teenager driving a 1970 Camaro with 375HP and an unknown top speed. (The speedo only went to 150) It used to be a sport to outrun Cops on back roads. STUPID! Or some over seas party habits like going into downtown Guatamala City partying by myself because the rest of the crew was scared. Going partying in downtown Cairo by myself. Flipping off a very angry looking North Korean with an AK. 1,000 things that probably should have gotten me killed in the military. Like purposely putting down 100 30MM API rounds from an A-10 about 75 meters from my position. At night. Hanging from a rope underneath a helicopter in a harness that kept slipping...LOL Putting myself in a position where I almost died of hypothermia on a hunitng trip in Montana. Drinking so much Soju in Korea that I was sick for two days. I'm sure there are many others but those are the ones that crossed my mind at the moment. B| don't try this stuff at home kids!
"There once was a man named Enis.....B|"-Krusty the Clown
Clay

i think the dumbest thing i have ever done was walking between the intake and wing tank of a running f-16. now it may not seem like much but to walk between the two you have to go very close to the intake and we've all seen the video of the navy guy getting sucked into the e-6 intake!!!! lets just say it wouldn't of been pretty!!! of course jumping the railraod tracks with my 91 geo storm is a close second.. no one told me, on the other side of the tracks that the road was like 4 feet lower... i'm suprised i didn't break an axel there!!!

"up my noooossseee"- wingnut, at first euro dz.com boogie

I used to go jump off a drawbridge in Sarasota, FL with my friends during High School. While I was in college, one of my friends jumped from a bridge in his hometown, and ended up being paralyzed! Made me realize how stupid we were, because we never got in the water to see how low it was before we jumped.
Andrea
The brave may not live forever, but the timid may not live at all.

Marrying my (now-ex) husband. Turns out he is gay. Not a great match, me being heterosexual and all. Plus, his lying and hitting me wasn't workable, either. Neither was his dating a cross-dressing, transexual-wanna-be.......
Ciels-
Michele
"What of the dreams that never die? Turn to your left at the end of the sky".
~e e cummings~

Last winter (when I was home in NY), I thought maybe it would be fun to give a snowplow (on a highway, so it was moving right along) a full mile head start and then take off on my snowmobile, pull up beside it and pass it while a friend took pictures with a video camera from the back of another sled. I wait until it gets just out of sight over a hill, then punch it and go after it. I approached the plow at about 90 mph, then slowed to match its speed (roughly 55mph, it wasnt plowing at the time) as i got up next to it. I slowed down a little more to give it another head start, and then took off to pass it. The last time I saw the speedo I was doing somewhere around 80. As I was quickly approaching the right rear of the truck about 4 feet from the tires in the unplowed lane, it moved over slightly, then dropped its wing (an extension to the plow) right in front of me!!! I grabbed the brakes like my life depended on it (it did). I had so much momentum and was on fluffy snow so brakes didnt do anything but slide me sideways. The back of my sled struck the edge of the wing plow just hard enough to flip my sled over and over and luckily off the road and into a ditch. The last thing I remembered was the back of my sled hitting the plow. After that, the next thing I remembered was my best friend and his girlfriend down in the ditch, knee deep in water pulling me out from under my sled. They took me to the ER and to make a long story short, i came out with two broken fingers, four broken toes, 16 stitches and a mild concussion. The damage to my sled costed about $1200 to fix. I very easily could have been killed if my sled had slid in the opposite direction. My friend doesnt think that the driver of the plow even knew I was there...he never even slowed down. The video, although it was almost dark is pretty intense....Thats by far the stupidest thing I've ever done, but the craziest is a whole 'nother story;-) Just kidding, I think this counts as both.
-Marshall

No, I didn't know.
Thanks, Wingi, for the vote of not dumbness.......
I'll choose among my many dumb moments, and be back to post later. There was the time I was arrested, or the time I decided to find my birth family (I was adopted), or the time I got drunk and decided to go hiking in the Angeles Crest forest...or, well, lots of dumb things.
:)Michele
"What of the dreams that never die? Turn to your left at the end of the sky".
~e e cummings~

"Turns out he is gay. Not a great match, me being heterosexual and all. Plus, his lying and hitting me wasn't workable, either. Neither was his dating a cross-dressing, transexual-wanna-be......."
Man and I thought MY ex-wife was nuts. Have you been on the Jerry Springer show yet?
"There once was a man named Enis.....B|"-Krusty the Clown
Clay

ummmm....I dont know. The dumbest thing I ever did probably was on the job. We had a house fire and the cheif told us not to go in because the roof looked like shit. BUT there was a 3 year old in the upstairs bed room. well me being the good 1st yr rookie told my deputy chief to fuck off and my partner and I went on air and saved the little bastard...only to have the roof come down on us as we exited onto the vestibule...that sucked..knocked me down and my partner too..we spent a few days in the hospital and then the numb nuts ass kissing Deputy gave my partner and an unpaid 2 week vacation for risking our lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FQR...that is why I am no longer a fire fighter...I think I will stay with the EMS side...
Marc
Because I fly, I envy no man on earth

The dumbest/craziest...?
The time I figured it was a good idea to attempt to jump over a parking lot, on skis. That one cost me. About 2 months.
The time I figured it was a good idea to attempt to rappel off a bridge, using make-shift gear. That one almost cost me everything. Very, very bad idea. Ended up falling about 50 feet down into the river, with a rope tied around me. Believe it or not, physics actually saved me there, I recalled some stuff about currents, and how low/high pressure affected movement in them. I managed to swerve close enough to the back to cut away and swim to shore; proving I can swim JUST enought to save my ass.
The time I let a newbie street-luger attempt to pass a oil truck, she amost lost control right infront of it.

Ok I can't pass up this thread. I've done some really stupid/crazy things in my life. Let me tell you a story of two.
1. I used to be an avid skateboarder, not talking about the ones you have today. This was early to mid 80's I also rode the half pipe and parks ect... I would do this on roller skates with outdoor wheels too. A good friend of mine worked at a water park that was closed down for the winter. So us being the adventurous types decided we would ride the water slides in skates! Imagine the tubes you flow thru in the summer with water, take away the water and add wheels to your feet. It was a blast but very very dark! Never thought that we were over 30' in the air on wheels and could fly out of the chutes at any corner. Luckily none of us got hurt.
2. Was in college. I lived in Austin Tx. attending UT working as a bartender. I was pretty thin 5' 10" 150 but strong. We had a few UT Football players who would regularily drink in my place and some would often start fights. The bouncers knew what to do. This one nite I was at the back bar by the pool tables alone. One of the bouncers were handling a scuffle across the bar. One of the biggest guys I've ever laid eyes on asks me for another beer. Me, knowing the waitress had already cut him off, I decided to act like a responsible BT and do the same.? *Not Smart* Next thing I know I'm being dragged over the bar and onto a pool table by the throat!! So thinking this is bad and knowing I was about to be pounded into the felt of the table. I reach over and of all the balls on the table I grab the 8 *go figure* and hit this gorrila in the forehead as hard as I could!! He stumbles back a bit dazed from the blow. I'm thinking ok this guy gets hit in the head all the time for fun so this little daze isn't going to last very long. I spy a pool cue in the girls hand on the other side of the table. I roll over the table feet hit the ground and grabbing the cue I break it in half over my knee. Meanwhile the gorrila is recovering and sees me, comes running around the table. I drop to one knee and crack the buttend of the cue {Were all the weight is} across his left knee and you could hear this SNAP from 3 miles away. The guy hits the ground crying in pain. I had just shattered his knee! The bouncers show up just bout this time. The ambulance comes and takes the broken linebacker away. The whole time I'm thinking OH SHIT THIS GUY IS GOING TO COME BACK AND KILL ME!!!! My bouncers all patted me on the back ect... said they wouldn't let anything happen to their "Mini-Bouncer" hahaha
Two weeks later the door man buzzes me letting me know he thinks the gorrila is back for revenge! I go get my broken pool cue which I know keep under the bar :)That's about it, have other interesting stories in my adventure filled life but those two really stick in my mind and crazy/stupid... BTW I'm in no way a fighter and I think the moves I was pulling on this guy came from a Bruce Lee movie or something. Who says you can't learn something from watching TV :D Oh yea I still have the Butt of that Pool Cue. :)My New Website with 24hr Chat

She's a smart cookie though. I think that genius status missed me.

clay, i think they gave you the status of not the brightest crayon in the box...... lol j/k ........... course i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed either...................

"up my noooossseee"- wingnut, at first euro dz.com boogie

I would have to say the dumbest thing I have done is to stand in the back of my friends pickup truck going about 40 mph and the bright idea to moon the person behind us...luckily a friend....I proceed to pull my pants down around my knees and his truck downshifted(automatic)...the backs of my knees catch the tail gate and toss me over....now I am hanging upside down by the tailgate like haning on monkey bars as a kid....I then lose grip and fall off...40 mph impact to the ground..first thing to hit..BACK of the HEAD...then bare ass then head...over and over again...friend behind us said all he saw was sparks flying off my body. Well needless to say I had horrible road rash on my head and ass...worst pain in the world was getting in the shower...Oh the pain was undescribable. luckily it was on a friday because I couldnt wear clothes for the next couple days.
Free Bags are expensive..LOL