Sebazz1

Is it just plain rude or is it a reality of sky...

I can't pretend I am totaly innocent, but this certain foul smell just keeps destroying the airplane on the way to altitude. I have grown acustomed to it, but damn I feel especially bad for the students. When I am doing work jumps I hold it till I have exited the plane. Is it just plain rude to fart on the way to altitude and should these flatulence offenders be punished. Or is it just a unfortunate reality about skydiving.
Sure am thirsty for some air and some brew............
Sebazz.........

Well imagine if you are a full time working instructor, your sitting in the front of the plane all the time furthest from the door. You could make the argument that that plane is your office. Now would you want someone coming into your office or cube and pinching one off. (Just for arguments sake - I don't really care)

only ONCE did I think "Wow! Here we are on jump run and not a single fart!" I caught a wiff on my way out the door. No such thing as a fart free ride! Even worse... someone DID fart at work this weekend and the first thought in my mind was "hey, smells like a jump plane in here!" lol!
dove

I guess its almost natural (I know it doesn't seem natural at the time!!!). On the ride up the external air pressure decreases, the pressure difference between the body and the atmosphere will increase. So I guess something has to give.
I have noticed that certain individuals are more prone to this than others though....

I have noticed that certain individuals are more prone to this than others though....

I think we were on that same run when someone let loose a particularly nasty one. And no it wasn't me. ;)
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."

It just doesn't seem right to have a ride to altitude with out farts. Hell, I know that I've almost been tossed from the plane because I drank too much the night before (good 'ol beer farts). Infact that happened Sunday on my only jump...:D
Farts happen.
I went to a Grateful Dead Concert and they played for SEVEN hours. Great song. -- Fred Reuss

Is it just plain rude to fart on the way to altitude and should these flatulence offenders be punished

Heck at one of the DZs in town they gave out an award @ the x-mas party for the person who can stink up the plane the best. (Actually 2 people were awarded, I think they are called Mr. and Mrs. stink now (yes they are dating)):P

I know that I've almost been tossed from the plane because I drank too much the night before (good 'ol beer farts)

That and because you like the cheap stuff that we normally reserve for SCR pours! :D
Speaking of which, has anyone ever seen someone actually tossed from a plane early for excessive flatulence?
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."

Actually 2 people were awarded, I think they are called Mr. and Mrs. stink now (yes they are dating))

Heh, The Stinkies....
Funny thing is she's actually pretty good looking (she's one of the leather chicks in my Halloween photos for all you curious folks). But man can she unleash Hell... :o

a first time tandem sitting right behind me farted something nasty last week. I was gagging, trying not to vomit. seriously, my eyes were watering, i was hacking up shit.. it was so friggin nasty. His camera man was near tears, trying to whisper to me "smell the fear".
I think i finally figured out why i jump out of planes, it stinks too badly to stay in 'em!
http://www.geocities.com/flynfroggie/skydiving_friends.html

Haha! So true! By the time you get to jump run you are like screw the green light I need to get out of here! I have heard that quote one other time before and I think it is hilarious... when the stink is so thick you can see the fumes...
"I smell fear!"
But seriously folks.... things like sauerkraut, bratwurst, any mexican food, cruciferous vegetables and the like should be banned from drop zone culture. I can take your standard household fart but the industrial strength ones can be hard to stomach in a small enclosed area!
holding it til exit....
dove

No matter what you eat, nothing beats a good old fashion BEER FART. You know what I'm talking about here, the ones you get from drinking atleast 15 beers the night before. Those are the ones of legend.
I went to a Grateful Dead Concert and they played for SEVEN hours. Great song. -- Fred Reuss

Infact that happened Sunday on my only jump...

Dave, GEEZ, I KNEW there was a reason I didn't jump that load (besides the 34 mph winds)....your ass!! LOL
Glad you made it ok, stinky and all. That was just TOO damn windy for me. Right after you left the dz, someone was dragged into a CAR on the parking lot. Well, their main was anyway, and it took a few people to get it under control.
See you again soon hopefully!
Sis
Fear not your death - fear having not really lived. Willie Sinsel, KS.

The only reason I jumped in those conditions was because two whuffo friends were doing their first tandems on that jump and I wanted to be on the load with them. Otherwise, hell no I wouldnt' have jumped, I had all most NO forward drive and the only reason I did was because I sort of did a semi-hook turn into the wind to try to get some speed for my landing. Still almost came straight down and decided that would be my only jump that day.
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.-General George Patton-

hmmm... I think Sebazz "dropped ass" on the plane this weekend, but I could be mistaken. ;) We have a lot of people that are rotting from the inside out at our DZ, if you know what I mean. On one load this weekend someone let one loose on the plane that was so bad that the co-pilot was gaging from the sour stench that filled the plane. Disgusting!!!!! >:(
Blue Ones,
Nathan
A# 39553