skybytch

Our Community

I'm sitting here reading posts this morning and I got to thinking how special and how very much I appreciate the little "community" we've built here in these forums.
How different we all are and yet we are all in many ways the same. How we can argue, sometimes respectfully, sometimes not, yet through all that we consider each other to be friends. How we honestly care about each other, even though that caring can sometimes come across abrasively. We come from all over the world to this "place" where we can openly share who and what we really are, knowing that who we are will be accepted and even cherished by people we may never meet in person.
Just wanted to express how much I love and appreciate each of you, my friends, here in my community. Consider yourself virtually hugged. :)pull and flare,
lisa
--
Life is tough, but I'm tougher

I so needed that hug this morning.
People should express AT you and not TO you - that's how it is on this forum. I don't take things personal because I know it's not about me, it's about something much greater - the sport.
Ya know, sometimes you say things, or make a joke or piss someone off - but here I know it's OK, cause your off to the next thread, and you might actually have something valuable to say next time.
Don't laugh, but actually the Intellegence of the people who skydive amaze me. The resources we have on this board for good answers to good questions and good commentary on "what if's" is why the sport has come so far.
Can you feel the Love?
Fly Your Slot !

Now let's all join hands and sing "Kumbaya".
Seriously, I am a total newbie and I feel like a whole new world has opened for me. Not that I haven't already had a great life, because I really have. This is a whole new dimension. I appreciate the friendliness and the humor here and what I am sure I will find at the DZ when I take my AFF.
And then there is the icing on the cake....BOOBIES!
"I am a victim of my environment."
Chris

I agree with Lisa on this. When I first started hanging out here 2 years ago, I was impressed by the fact that total strangers would answer my questions with such depth and good humor, even though they had to have heard the same questions a million times.
Although i don't have hardly any time to post anymore, I still lurk........and y'all always put a smile on my face at some point of the day. What a great group of people.....and you're as much fun in person, as well. I've met about 10 dz.commers, and count myself lucky to have done so.
(wait.........must..remove..Clay..from..this..list..)
I've met about 9 dz.commers, and ........:)Don

Hugs all around!
I've been in this sport a little over a year now and these forums have had a tremendous impact. When things were going rough, you all were there to offer support & encouragement. When I came up with a kooky idea (which I still do from time to time ;)), you were there to say "Ummmm.... better rethink that...", when I needed general information you were there with answers.
I know that the information I've gotten here has probably saved my ass on more than one occasion, and given me some good laughs on rainy days.
YOU ALL ARE THE BEST, I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
<>
Boobies? :D
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."

"For she's a jolly good fellow..."
UH that doesn't work. How about "Hip Hip HOORAY!!"
Hey Lisa, you're the best. When we come out to Cali this year for the PPPB tour maybe we will get to stop by and see you. Perry ordered a VX 79, sorry we had to go directly through to Icarus, we would have gone through you if we could have!
Hugs,
Sis
Fear not your death - fear having not really lived. Willie Sinsel, KS.

I love the community too. Like a few others point out, the information and knowledge here is unrivaled. We're pretty good at not taking things personally either.
My one complaint is how quickly threads get hijacked and become sexual innuendo contests. I know it's the talkback forum and we're supposed to bullshit, but it seems like the interesting discussions die out once the jokesters get in on it.
PTiger

Agreed- this is an excellent community service we all have going here-- always do enjoy a good mutual-admiration society-- we partake of what most call crazy with enthusiasm and great glee... and we are, for the most part, a very intelligent, eclectic, caring, and humorous group. I thoroughly enjoy the willingness to exchange ideas and information- cyber beer to all!
Brokeneagle.
I'm really very gentle, no matter what my kung-fu teacher says...

I agree with Lisa on this. When I first started hanging out here 2 years ago, I was impressed by the fact that total strangers would answer my questions with such depth and good humor, even though they had to have heard the same questions a million times.

tell me about it. i stopped going to my guitar sights b/c of all the asshole in it. there was nothing but pre pubescent kids acting like foul mouth pricks. I'm not sure how this place differs, but i liike it:)honestly. i started the same way. full of questions when i finally asked my FIRST, i couldn't read the post fast enough.
i remember it. it was about malfunctions. on the old dz.com
there were 200 replies with in a few hours. i realized then that skydivers never work....i mean that skydivers are a unique group of ppl...that don't work:)ive met a bunch of you through this sight. it's pretty cool to have a place to meet before you go to a new dz. thanks HH for buliding this HOME for us. and thanks to lisa and all who make it what it is.
( * )Y( * )
Have fun, LIVE FREE, Skydive
JT

the only reason any one of these people MAY love you is that either:
a) they don't know you
or, more likely
b) you haven't given them shit about overloading their Spectre230 with their 145 body weight.
:-p
he he he I'm bored...give me something to do!
Steve