nws01

Dove

Better yet send her e-mails periodically. This is her second accident involving the sport. She was taken out by someone doing head down up north last year and was just returning to the sport. She was supposed to work at the Olympics this year doing graphics and that is now off. She needs our support so ALL skydivers need to respond.
Her e-mail is [email protected]
Thanks,
Nathan

In a lot of ways, her injury was one of the most scary I've seen.
(It was right in front of me).
Why? Because all it looked like was one of those landings where you come in a little fast, hit a little hard on your feet, land on your butt and then get up and walk away.
I mean, if you can break your leg that easily, without hardly even knowing it, that's just scary.
Get well soon...

"I mean, if you can break your leg that easily, without hardly even knowing it, that's just scary."
Are you sure there were no pre existing conditions that may have contributed? Stress fractures and incomplete bone growth is somewhat common. I know when I played football as a kid I had my legs X rayed and they found that one of my leg bones was hollow???? Of course I was 11 or 12 years old and within a year it had filled in. Kinda strange though I thought.
"It's the cans..they're defective. Stay away from the cans"-Steve Martin
Clay

Kinda strange

bones was hollow

Strange no, not you...sure it wasn't your head? :D
Dove, sorry to hear about your accident, get well soon so you can come back up in the sky with everyone. :)Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.-General George Patton-

"Strange no, not you...sure it wasn't your head?"
No...I think my head remained hollow until age 26 when I got divorced! It was definately hollow when I got married at 24!!! :D I think it may have filled in some in recent years....
"It's the cans..they're defective. Stay away from the cans"-Steve Martin
Clay

Thank you guys! It really means a lot to me to have your support. Anyone have any skydiving videos they want to lend me? All I want to do is watch skydiving vids and read skydiving stuff. I am such a junkie - even in my condition!
Love
dove

All I've got in my collection is Good Stuff, my first-jump video, and my AFF 7 video. I'll lend you any of them you'd like, but I bet you've already seen the first and aren't interested in the other two. ;)
Alternatively, if you have a decent internet connection, you could spend your days on http://www.skydivingmovies.com.
PTiger
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way