skybytch

CN#1 retires

Lisa,
I personally value your advice and others from here as well. Personally, I am very cautious about everythign I do in skydiving. HELL, I turned down an invite to do a 4 way once cause it was the first time I was jumping and packing a 9 cell. I take what everyone has to say and filter it all to make my own decisions. Without yours, that's one less HONEST and unbiased opinion I can count on
Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....

Lisa,
Nobody likes a quitter! If you really care about what you preach to people, and they don't appreciate it, screw em'! I've never met you, but i'm willing to bet you've got more backbone than that--for the sake of those of us who listen, keep up the good work. I am still fairly low time in this sport (only a C license holder) and i come here to learn about all the little nuances in this sport. I'd hate to think that unqualified people were giving advice on here...from what i see, people trust your opinions.
A.T.

Lisa. Please don't stop giving advice. I would say that 90% of the people here appreciate and respect what you have to say. The other 10% that don't soon will after they hurt themselves, or see a close friend with the same "sky god" attitude get hurt. Some people still need to learn to respect the danger of our fine sport. :)Please reconsider...so many of us have learned so much from you. :)Tee

Wow. Thanks to all of you for the replies, here and in PM's. I guess I didn't realize how many people are actually listening. After reading your responses to this post, I now know that at least some of what I'm saying is getting through and is appreciated.
That said, I'll still be taking at least a few days off from posting anything about canopies. I'm feeling a bit battered and abused by certain people lately; I need to take some time to recover before I jump back into the lion pit.
Again, thanks for the support, it means a lot to me. :)pull and flare,
lisa
--
What would Scooby Doo?

I don't know what has happened here, but I'm truly sorry to hear this. I think in this sport there is no such thing as bad advise. You take on what you consider to be right and no matter how much you scream " Fly your current canopy to it full extreme in every condition before downsizing " if they don't want to take it, so be it!
Let them become the smear on the ground and while they are recovering ( if they have the option ) they might think that you were right!
I will keep you e-mail addy on hand for further questions about my canopy!!
Freemind, freesky, freebeer, freefly, freesex

Don't stop posting information on parachutes. I have 16 jumps and the information is helpful to me, even if it just causes me to think twice about something. I just bought my own rig, used, a spectre 230 ( weigh 223), and it's a big change from the student rigs but still manageable. there's no way for you to know how many people you've helped who read your postings. I'm always looking to learn more about every aspect of skydiving, and rigs are certainly a big part of that. Maybe you can change your name to CanopyMistress (Master? - you decide), as a sign of being reborn after the fire you went through.

No fair.... The Bytch is the only one getting sympthy around here

Awwww...read my post, "y'all" means "you all," a pronoun meant to indicate "phreezone and skybytch."
Here's some sympathy: You poor widdle canopy nazi is it sad? *huuuuuuuuug*
Now get back out there and pontificate on some canopy sizes!!!!!
Walk a mile in your enemy's shoes. Then you're a mile away and have his shoes.

Lisa: Take some time off...(but not too long...lol) but try heading out for the Utah for the Olympics!! I heard that the turn outs for reserved seats are not going to be great....so check into that. Seems to me there was someone else that was going to the Olympics.. someone who is working there! Can't remember off hand...but she's a skydiver as well. Anyhoo..have a safe trip whereve you go!
Terri
What you "think" you cannot do ...you CAN if you "think" about it ;)