Deyan

When I thought I've seen it all

Not the first time that's happened.

:o Somebody is a no-packing, well they can't pack!

I know that. But I never saw it with my own eyes.

Well you don't show any jumps in your profile, and 3 hrs tunnel time. It wouldn't be likely you'd see a canopy like this at/in a wind tunnel.

Best-
Richard

I am Quiet sure that Terry has seen a lot worse than this also.
so far i have found 3, what i call dead rigs, meaning no way would a reserve come out or stay connected, which would have led to a fatality.
even though this is some really shitty packing i think the canopy would still fly and get someone down relatively safely i would have hoped.

may i ask how many repacks there was on the data card? or was it just previously assembled?

I've seen a couple of canopies jumped with the steering lines outside of the slider. Without the steering lines helping push the slider down, the openings were very slow. With the right canopy/slider combination, it might be possible that the slider would never come down. Not a great thing in a low cutaway or AAD fire situation.

rwieder

Well you don't show any jumps in your profile, and 3 hrs tunnel time. It wouldn't be likely you'd see a canopy like this at/in a wind tunnel.

Best-
Richard

It would be unlikely to see that kind of stuff in any jump plane :)
Cheers
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

rwieder

Best-
Richard

well his profile also says Master Rigger :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

irishrigger

may i ask how many repacks there was on the data card? or was it just previously assembled?

It was previously assembled. Only one rigger before me.
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

Deyan

Just curious ~ is it SOP to contact the prior rigger?

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

airtwardo

As a matter of fact, this is the 4th time I'm contacting that rigger.
After misrigged skyhook, after I saw a harness with torn 3 p.st. on the chest strap with 0 jumps after the repack and after I found a Vigil with an old cutter that was packed 3 years after the mandatory SB. Doesn't look like he is going to change.:S
And to answer your next question:" No, he will keep his license unless somebody die."

Best-
Richard

How about working as a rigger full time at one of Europe's busier rigging lofts? Would he be more likely to see things like that there?
Namaste,
Tom Noonan

www.everest-skydive.com

Deyan

After misrigged skyhook, after I saw a harness with torn 3 p.st. on the chest strap with 0 jumps after the repack and after I found a Vigil with an old cutter that was packed 3 years after the mandatory SB. Doesn't look like he is going to change.:S
And to answer your next question:" No, he will keep his license unless somebody die."

That's rather disturbing, has to make one wonder how many errors are currently being jumped.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

That's rather disturbing, has to make one wonder how many errors are currently being jumped.

Yes it is. The name of this rigger needs to be made public so that jumpers can avoid him. If the government won't act to revoke his rigging license, then the community must act on its own.

TomNoonan

Best-
Richard

How about working as a rigger full time at one of Europe's busier rigging lofts? Would he be more likely to see things like that there?

Funny you mentioned that Tom. Actually I saw this when I went back to my home country last week :)Why am I taking a break from rigging to deal with more gear on my vacation is still a mystery to me. I guess I need a therapy :S