jfields

PBJ, Baby!

I just had to share...
I got a PBJ this morning. For those wondering, I'm not talking about a sandwich. Probation Before Judgement on a traffic violation. It was worth my while to go to court. I had to pay the fine, but no points and my insurance won't go up.
A little polite "Yes, Sir" and "No, Sir" to the judge with my explanation and my little mistake has all but evaporated into legal nothingness. :D
What a good start to the day!
Justin

Best radar detector on the market...Valentine One.
These things are awesome. My step-dad who lives in Colorado uses them religiously and has only been stopped by VASCAR and the old fashioned following method.
When they get updated, you can send them in and get the software updated. (Not sure if it's free, but you know it's advanced.) :)Let me know if you get one!
JumpinDuo.com...come and sign the guestbook.

Side note: Anybody recomend a good radar detector?

No contest, Valentine One. http:// http://www.valentineone.com/
Every other detector I have used has wound up under the drivers seat after a week b/c of me thinking it was annoying/useless except for longer trips. I've been using mine for around 3 years now and love it. It tells you how many sources are targeting you, where they are, and what type of equipment they are using so you can tell if Johnny Law is camping in front of the local bank to elude detectors. Of course I don't really speed anymore since it is a job critical thing to not have any tickets on my record, but its nice for a wake up call if I accidentally exceed the speed limit ;) Feel free to PM me with any questions about it
--
~Captain Cutaway
I can disassemble a rig in less than 5 seconds...

More praise for the Valentine One from me! I've had one for about six months now to help me stay out of trouble during a little "court supervision" myself and love the thing. It was also in a comparison test in Car & Driver 4 or 5 months ago and came out in first place.
Opie
If your not on the edge, you can't enjoy the view!

Have to disagree with you guys. V1 is good, but there's better, and cheaper. I for one had the Bel980 for awhile before I moved to the city and dropped my mileage to 7k a year. You can pick one up on line for $200 or less.
Check out this site....extensive testing, V1 comes in 3rd. I routinely drove my car in excess of 100mph, and have never received a ticket *knocks on wood*.
Radar Test
Here's a quote from that page...
"we found the BEL 980 almost supernatural in its ability to sniff out distant police radar. Even in hilly terrain it detected the deadly new Ka-band digital radar gun at 7.6 miles, nearly double the range of the Valentine One and over twice that of the last-place K40. In disbelief we ran the test two more times, with identical results. It proved equally adept in countering X and K band radar. In town it chirped only one false alarm, a notable achievement."
cielos azules y cerveza fría
-Kevin

nearly double the range of the Valentine One and over twice that of the last-place K40
isnt that almost the same thing :)Opinions are like a-holes everyone has one, the only one that does you any good is yours and all that comes out is shit

I use a radar detector here in Europe (brought it from USA).
Do you think they work against laser (most sneaky and long range)? The ultrathin laser beam has to hit the small sensor on the RD, to be detected (unlike with wide spread radar waves) which is pretty unlikely, never worked for me...
marcin

ultrathin laser beam has to hit the small sensor on the RD, to be detected

The beam is actually quite wide once it reaches your car. Unlike radar, which scatters off of all sorts of objects and is detectable far before you are in range, once you are hit by a laser, it's all over.
--
Brian

Well, there's really not much of a warning available for laser. Its off, the cop points it at you, then BOOM, your clocked. The couple times that I encountered cops using laser, the only way I knew they were there before I was clocked was because I was talking to truckers on my CB radio.
"Are they short-shorts?" T.B.