Vallerina

Richmond?

At first there were only 3 of us there (Val, me and a student)but the lady at manifest assured us that the pilot was on his way and we could take the small Cessna up. (I think it was a 182) After 2 hours of waiting around enough people showed up to fill the caravan. But we were all still grounded, waiting on the pilot. After another hour (3 total now) Val and I left. Richmond looks like a great place with a large landing area and nothing but outs surrounding the DZ. I would have liked to jump there, and I'm sure I'll try again during the summer sometime. There was one jumper that was dogging Skydive Greene County pretty hard while I was there but I would prefer not to post his name. For anyone at Richmond, I assume as open as this guy was about his opinion to someone from SGC he would say the same things or even worse to someone who has never jumped there. Please don't hold whatever he has against us, and please don't repeat any bad things you may have heard unless you come out and jump with us. I would like to extend an open invitation to anyone, please come out to SGC for a weekend sometime. I would be more than happy to jump with you. I'm mostly into freefly but I also do some RW, if you are looking for some good RW people I can also hook you up. My name is Jon, just ask for me at manifest. This DZ bashing has gone on long enough, please stop it.
It's ok you can touch it

Well, as I had predicted to a few people, I knew I was going to get flamed for this. My intention for this post was just to let the people know that when calling Richmond, in addition to asking if they're open, ask if there is a pilot willing to fly.

Oh my God, someone said something bad about another DZ? How terrible, I can see how that would ruin your whole day. I'm sure that that kind of talk never goes on wherever you jump.

It's not just that someone said something bad about a dz, it's the fact that someone on staff had said something bad about a dz. (Unprofessional, but whatever.) Also, no, my home doesn't bad mouth other dz's. We understand how difficult it is to stay open, and applaud anyone who can master that task.

I didn't even go that day because the weather was so shitty. I'll bet there was very few other people there also.

I'm not sure what you mean by shitty, but where I'm from we celebrate cloudless days with light winds at 80 degrees. There were enough people for a 182 load, and that's all I needed.

" I'm jon from zenia please dont hate me"
Poor guy. He's begging us not to hate him. I dont think thats
possible.

Okay, I'm not Jon, nor am I from Xenia. It was my signature line and has NOTHING to do with Richmond. And if you met Jon, there is no way you can hate him (he's just too cool!)
I'm not sure why it's such a big deal that I shared my experience at another dz with my friends online. I never said that Richmond was evil, I only told exactly what had happened. I do plan on going there again, because I've met many cool people from there and have close friends that jump there. And if I meet you, I'd love to make a jump with you and have some beers after.
I cheat at "I Never"

Oh my God, someone said something bad about another DZ?
How terrible, I can see how that would ruin your whole day.
I'm sure that that kind of talk never goes on wherever you jump.
And who is" they"?? Are you talking about the owner or one other jumper, or was everyone DZ bashing.
I live close to Richmond, and I didn't even go that day because the weather was so shitty. I'll bet there was very few other people there also.

Even in Chicago, with three of the most compeditive DZ's anywhere, it's pretty rare to find DZ staff that dis the competition.
That's bad karma, if you ask me.
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

Val,
(I still haven't figured out how to add all that HTML stuff to my posts)
>>>>I'm not sure why it's such a big deal that I shared my experience at another dz with my friends online. I never said that Richmond was evil, I only told exactly what had happened. I do plan on going there again, because I've met many cool people from there and have close friends that jump there. And if I meet you, I'd love to make a jump with you and have some beers after.<<<<<<<<
You rock Val! You should come over and drink tonight with Bret and I...My tool roommate moved out so we are celebrating (RE: bad roommate stories thread)!
peace,
-Adam

Val,
Im sorry you had a bad day at Richmond sometimes pilots are hard to get ahold of. I hope the next time you visit we'll be running full speed. Next time your heading to Richmond let me know maybe we can make a few skydives. Just look for the youngest kid at the dz, or ask for Michigan Dan or Shortbus. I look forward to the next time you come down so you can have some fun at richmond

John & Valerie-
My most sincere apologies for the treatment you received at my DZ last Friday, perhaps it is (at this point) just words in the air, however I feel it necessary (at almost midnight) to apologize publicly to you two for the mishap at Richmond.
It is true that you may have caught us on a bad day, a simple miscommunication between myself and our scheduled pilot created havoc for the anxious skydivers we had that day, some which we able to get at least a few jumps in later that day.
It was certainly never my intention to offend either of you, and do apologize for what any of our locals and/or staff may have said derogatory towards any other DZ, this is not how myself nor my family does business. As you know, it is quite difficult to monitor all conversations at the DZ to avoid situations such as this one; you have my utmost humility and apologies in this matter.
Please allow me to offer the two of you a chance for myself, and the DZ in it's entirety (not just a few early weekend warriors) to redeem ourselves.
I enjoyed your company, and appreciate your patience. I look forward to being able to rectify this for you soon.
Sincerely,
Jaime Praeter
President
Skydive Wayne County
www.skydiverichmond.com
765.965.0435 PH
765.965.9436 FX

I enjoyed your company, and appreciate your patience. I look forward to being able to rectify this for you soon.

This is very cool. Just shows yet again that just because one or two people want to "DZ bash" because of whatever reason, it doesn't mean the whole DZ shares their feelings. It's just sad that they try to spread lies and possibly keep people from trying new DZs and meeting new people. I guess that can't really be helped.... maybe those people will just grow out of it someday.
Thanks Jaime, I look forward to seeing you there sometime in the near future.
BTW - you aren't related to the Praeters that live in Lewisburg, are you?
... I forget how the rest of it goes, but you're mother's a whore!!

valerie
this is mary from richmond (and lake wales).
I am sorry about the pilot thing. the pilot was suposed to be there. the weather wasnt too bad i know but our pilots have other lives and sometimes things come up that make them late. there were loads flown later in the day. I have been jumping in richmond since my first jump. I have never been to xenia so i cant say anything about it. All i can say is that I have heard good and bad things about the place. Fridays in April are definately not a good show of what richmond has to offer. stop by on a saturday and see what we are all about. i would love to get some jumps in with you, even though I cant freefly for shit :) I dont know who you heard talking shit about xenia, but all i can say is that i know that some of our people have had less than pleasant experiences there and with people there. that is not the feeling of the entire dz. I am sorry that you had to be there when things were said.
But to everyone reading this, please dont think that we at richmond hate other dzs. we are going to have a great year regardless. we have a full time grand caravan that kicks ass! we have many jumpers that are looking to have some fun in the sky and on saturday night.
Blue Skies!
Cypres Mary

Jaime:
While apologies aren't even necessary, it's awesome what you had posted on behalf of your dz. I honestly didn't think my original post would've gotten this far. It wasn't meant as a dz bashing sort of thing (just a slight vent after having a couple of beers.)
I completely understand that stuff happens, and pilots are not always available (especially in IN in April.) I can also see that Richmond has a lot to offer (probably should've mentioned that in the original post.)
Thanks again for the offer to visit your dz again someday, and I look forward to taking you up on it one day soon!
I cheat at "I Never"

Jaime & Mary
There are no hard feelings, I don't hold anything against you or your DZ. It looks like a great place to jump. I WILL be back later this summer for sure. I was just a little frustrated about the people dogging my home DZ. This was supposed to be directed to the people that say bad stuff about my home and have never been there. I believe that everyone should try something and form their own opinion. I feel bad that I made you feel like you should apologize.
Everyone, please don't hold anything against Skydive Wayne County, just because I had 1 bad experience there. I'm going back and if you've never been there you should go. We'll make it a DZ.com thing.
Jaime, Thank you. It's all good, and Blue Skys.
It's ok, you can touch it

Valerie-
Not necessary to feel bad about anything, when a jumper at any DZ takes it upon him or herself to diss another it should be corrected, no matter what.
Our industry is too small to allow this bantering any longer, we simply don't have the time to continue with this.
I am glad that you are okay with things, and hope that this thread will display a message to not only Richmond jumpers, but others across the country (and world) that fighting not only creates confusion and bad feelings, but also is counterproductive to heightening the aura and good feelings of their own beloved DZ.
Life is short and precious, we should enjoy every single second of it.
Sincerely,
Jaime Praeter
Skydive Wayne County, Inc.
www.skydiverichmond.com
765.965.0435 PH
765.965.0436 FX

well, isn't that special, a happy ending.
Hey cajun, wanna try a wingsuit? I'm an
instructor and I have a spare suit to loan out.
If you do (as long as your qualified) next time you're here
look me up. I'll show you what a two minute freefall is like.
Chris
One of them old guys