GrumpySmurf

My new Sabre2-150 is here!

Yay! It's a combo of blackberry and turquoise.
Now I get the joy of SLinking my own canopy to risers, hooking up toggles and doing a line continuity check for the f*rst time.
Good gawd is the thing slippy though - I pulled it out of the bag to make sure the serial number and type matched what was on the order form (last thing I need is a Stiletto 135 show up with the same colours, by mistake) - took a while to stuff it back in, can't imagine the joy it is going to be stuffing it in a D-Bag (I'm too stubborn to resort to a packer).
My Safire 169 is to be forever relegated to a box in my closet :)

:):)Congrats. I have the same size canopy except it is black and blackberry. Opens great, flies great, lands great. You can even get lift at the end of the swoop! Loaded at 1.3.
B| Gemini
... Let go dude! I can't land with you hanging on!...

Green and white.
It was a former student canopy from SDC (they claimed about 700 jumps previously), I picked it up for about $650 - I put about 60 jumps on it. 1 cutaway from spinning line twists -> it landed in a tree, inspected by a rigger afterwards and given an ok. I think it may need relining - so I may get rid of it for $450 if there is anyone around SDC that was interested *shrug*.

if its got black on it too, we might have twinkie canopies LOL
i have had my sabre2 150 for a couple of months and i love it-but i hate packing it. slinks are easy to install and cool - best of all they save your knuckles during opening!! enjoy the canopy - i am just learning what all mine can do, especially as little as i jump - myabe 3 times a week if lucky - everyone was right when they said working at the dz doesn't mean you'll get to jump a lot- i am taking a scott miller (canopy school at skydive deland) canopy course this june - he is coming to our dz for four days - i can't wait!
Sis
Wasting away again in Margaritaville....

That's why we have Mark's (my) Patented 'Grapple Pack' (tm) also refered to as 'Jujutsu Pack' (tm) (that's what Drew called it after I passed onto him the wisdom of 'Grapple Pack'(tm)).
With 'Grapple Pack' (tm) there is none of that get up, 'S' fold, put a knee on it, and pray it doesn't come apart before it's in the bag - with 'Grapple Pack' (tm) - you don't get off the SoB until it's in the bloody bag. :)

Yeah, learned this past weekend if I kick off a fast, hard lean, I can get it to pull off a modestly snappy 90 degree turn without any toggle input at all - for the first time, it felt like the canopy was an extension of me, rather than just some thing I ride under.
Been hearing some good things about the canopy school at Perris, may look at taking a trip down there over the winter once I become more familiar with the canopy and am looking for some guidance on how to proceed to take it to the next level.

I have the same size canopy except it is black and blackberry

Excuse my ignorance when it comes to color shades but.........what is the difference between black and blackberry?
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Dude, you are going to love that canopy, I'm sending my demo Sabre2 back tomorrow and I don't want to! I've had a blast flying that canopy, now I just need to figure out how to buy one...anyone want a love slave that works fairly cheap?
Aerials
So up high
When you free your lives (the) eternal prize

NO, its purple. dark purple, not blue. lol
For example...my canopy is black, turquoise and blackberry - the blackberry is distinctly a purple. its not quite as dark as it sounds. its the world's coolest parachute color!
Sis
Wasting away again in Margaritaville....

Ahhh...if you're gay? j/k
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You got something against purple?

I guess our (TLML and me) secret is out!:o My Safire is lemon with blackberry(read -- purple) ribs and stabilizers, hers is the inverse.

can't imagine the joy it is going to be stuffing it in a D-Bag (I'm too stubborn to resort to a packer).

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! are you sure you can believe that?
New ZP is SCHWEET! has that great smell, new shiny white lines, 100% slippery and best of all its always inflated no mater what you do.
"Life is full of danger, so why be afraid?"
drenaline