Pammi

Piercing question..I'm desparate

Pammi: UUUUGGGHHH! I can almost feel your pain! EWWWEEE! I hope it all works out for you.
I had only taken my belly ring out for a day and ended up having to push it through in order to get it back in. Almost passed out and learned a lesson after that. So when the time comes for me to be able to change my tongue barbell, I'm going to have the new one in hand and ready to go in. I'm going to have to get one of those flexible plastic barbells because I'm playing with it and beating my teeth to death (I knew it!).
I hope all works out and there's very little pain!!
Diva

... do YOU have the (your) BOOBIES pierced????

Yessir.

"I don't know. I just like them."

I know, Pammi, right? I'm going to get that on a T-shirt.
You work in an office, right? How does the nose piercing go over? I really like facial piercings, but I'm not sure if I have the nerve to show up at work with one or two or whatever.
Perhaps I'll just channel all my piercing needs back into my ears. I think I need an industrial piercing.
Pet me! I'm harmless and cute!

I really like facial piercings, but I'm not sure if I have the nerve to show up at work with one or two or whatever

I guess I was lucky... my boss went with us when I got my eyebrow pierced a few years ago so there was no problem at all with work. My problem was with the general public (this may have changed in the four years since)... I finally took mine out cuz I got tired of guys looking at my eyes instead of my BOOBIES ;)
pull and flare,
lisa

You work in an office, right? How does the nose piercing go over?

Well, I had it when they hired me and I'm told everyone was very surprised the ultra-conservative boss went for it :) That's actually another part of the story of mine :) I went down to the piercer after getting the nose screw out and having problems (40 mins away about), then decided to let him put a hoop in it rather then the screw back in cuz I had been wanting to anyway. So he did, but after getting home I thought "Gawd, this is so thick! The boss will freak!" Co-workers confirmed he probably would have, so that's why I ended up with that one out too (stupid, stupid!) and a stud in.
Phew. There ya go :) But it's just a cute sparkly flower thing now so I guess he's okay with that and the tongue ring *shrug* He'll have to be..the lady I was supposed to help decided to retire instead so he's screwed without me now :) haha!
Closing pin jewelry

speaking of changing your own piercings....now that my belly ring irritation has finally gone down, I want one of those rings that has the crystal that hangs down in the middle of my navel. Is that something that I can change out by myself, or should I go to a place and have it done? Reading about Pammi's experience has gotten me a little nervous about doing it myself!
Andrea
The brave may not live forever, but the timid may not live at all.

Andrea,
I've helped a friend change hers and they are a pain to get closed again. trying to get the loop closed again can be a real pain. I've been able to kinda POP the ball (or whatever) in, but most of the time they pop out someplace and you're crawling all over the floor trying to find it

The navel is harder to change out than other body parts. I've changed mine about five times in the last 9 years but there were a few times that it wasn't easy. Now I have a very large green "screw" with balls on the ends in it. I tried changing my mom's (to exactly what you are talking about) and it took me an hour and her some pain. I should have told her to go back to the piercer.
Another thing is that just because your irritation has gone down doesn't mean you should change the jewlery yet. I can't remember when you got it pierced, it was late summer or early fall wasn't it? You should wait 6-9 months before changing jewlery. So to sound like a broken record, see your piercer!
All from your Sis, which you remember has 9 piercings!! teehee!!
Sis
I feel so alive,for the very first time-and I think I can fly! - P.O.D.

In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yessir
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
oh my god, i think i'm in love...............
ME first!!!!!!!!!!
Marc
Res Firma Mitescere Nescite

speaking of changing your own piercings....now that my belly ring irritation has finally gone down, I want one of those rings that has the crystal that hangs down in the middle of my navel. Is that something that I can change out by myself, or should I go to a place and have it done? Reading about Pammi's experience has gotten me a little nervous about doing it myself!

I am a medical profesional and I can help you with this...I even had changed my P/A to one that flashes...for a while...it was pretty damn funny when the first chicky saw it...she loved it....but then again her naval was flashing when I met her....
Marc

I've helped a friend change hers and they are a pain to get closed again. trying to get the loop closed again can be a real pain. I've been able to kinda POP the ball (or whatever) in, but most of the time they pop out someplace and you're crawling all over the floor trying to find it

Not if you know what your doing.....;) or you can go with a half hoop with screw on balls....instead of the captive bead ring that most first timers get...
Marc