Viking

What makes a man desirable to women?

Lots and lots of back hair.

Hmmm... suppose I really should have been more specific.

Hair. On the top of the head (not that one! get your mind outta the gutter), on the chest and down the treasure trail. Back hair is okay as long as it's just a few random strands - nothing against those who have been "blessed" with more than that, just not what I want to feel when I'm... errr.... nevermind. ;)

1. Ability to kill spiders
2. Open tight jars
3. Lift heavy objects
4. General home keeping skills like fixing toilets and installing faucets
5. Driving long distances, and parallel parking
6. Always let her have the last word

Help me out here. I'm running out of material.
My other ride is the relative wind.

What kind of attraction are you looking for? There are guys who are real stud puppies (for me, it's that sleepy Keanu Reeves look) who would almost certainly hold no interest past an attempt at a conversation. I am, in fact, a woman, and have gone out with guys of a number of different physical types. But they generally had in common:
  • Be able to both listen and speak intelligently (notice the order), preferably on a number of topics. Some of them should be interesting to her as well as you (that's where the listening part can come in handy). NOTE!!! This one is hard to come by.
  • Don't be a universal expert.
  • Polite never hurt -- you can always be invited to be cruder, but you'll rarely be given a chance to be more polite when you started out too rude.
  • Intelligent and happy eyes.
  • The self-confidence thing is absolutely true.
  • Personally, I like brains and a certain amount of geekiness.
  • No whining. If it's not your fault, figure out how you're going to fix it or avoid it -- don't whine about it!!!!!!!
  • And being kind to your grandmother is a real plus. Seriously.

Good luck....
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

1. Ability to kill spiders
2. Open tight jars
3. Lift heavy objects
4. General home keeping skills like fixing toilets and installing faucets
5. Driving long distances, and parallel parking
6. Always let her have the last word

Are you fun on a date or what ?;) Sounds like you need a maintenance guy, not a boyfriend.:ph34r: "Ooooh baby, you're hung like the ceiling fan..." B|

Personally, I like brains and a certain amount of geekiness.

The fact that you have listed these things in the form of bullet points, I think you are on your way to finding the geekiness.;)

Uh, oh, did I just start off rude?:)

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I am screwed as far as attracting very many women. I'd like to think that I possess most of the qualities that you talk of, but it will likely all mean nothing since I was not blessed with a certain physical feature. Let's face it, the vast majority of women do not like bald men. Some of the women in this thread have even said it. Oh well ... what can you do ... :S

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

OOHH, I forgot...I like bony hips too. And sometimes, innocence can be cute.

Jess

lol. sure i dont know you? but then one hasnt been innocent in a looong time..

I'm 47. Lots of guys in my age range are either bald or balding. There's a big difference between someone who shaves their head, and someone who doesn't have to ;). So come to Houston, dress skimpily, and let me check you out.
That's the ticket!!! I'll do evaluations!!! Just dress in Speedo's and suck in your gut, and then parade by and try to impress me!!!
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

There's a big difference between someone who shaves their head, and someone who doesn't have to

Yeah. What she said.

I don't get the guys who start losing a little hair and just give up and shave the rest off. Personally I think a receding hairline is kinda cute. And I like the little lines next to the eyes that guys get once they hit the late 30's or so. Laugh lines around the mouth are a turn on too.

Let's face it, the vast majority of women do not like bald men. Some of the women in this thread have even said it. Oh well ... what can you do ...

Uh, no. Bald can be sexy, as long as the guy isn't overweight. Thick, shiny hair is really nice; really short is nice; but bald guys with nicely shaped heads are SO sexy. Doesn't suit every guy, but when it does... B|

A really good ass, preferably in nice fitting jeans.

The eyes and the smile. It's all in the eyes and the smile.

After appearance, confidence is important. Intelligence, being respectful, being considerate.
Passion for life, not just for getting laid.

A whole different thing is what makes a man UNdesirable.
Never smiles.
Spits.
Smokes. (Personal very distasteful)
Pig.
Dirty.
Know-it-all.
Controlling.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

I love the difference between women over 32 and under. Women over 32 - they've had sex, enjoyed it, and aren't embarrassed about it. If they think you are sexy, you're in. If not, they are cool friends because they are comfortable with themselves. If you're ok and they're not interested, they'll hook you up with their friends. :ph34r: They don't want any more kids or responsibilities. It must suck to be under 30.;)

And I like the little lines next to the eyes that guys get once they hit the late 30's or so. Laugh lines around the mouth are a turn on too.

Thank God for that double standard!

(the man who resembles a shar-pei while laughing-see mugshot):P