nws01

KaChink!

So, I called my boss this morning and discussed my resignation. I was asked to stay until a new General Manager is put in place at the hotel. They are trying to get me to stay. When I do leave I will have to pay them my signing bonus back which is about $10,000. That sucks a royal donkey dick. So, I have until Monday to decide what I want to do. If I do cut I will be close to broke because of the signing bonus thingy but living in a tent and packing for the Golden Knights and jumping when I can sounds like a good time for a year or longer. I will go to the dz this weekend and drink heavily every evening. I think I know what my decision is.

How long have you been with the company? Was the return of the signing bonus stated in your employment contract with the company? If they want you to stay for a while longer, maybe it's time to have a full-out dead on "I'm leaving because you guys are dicks." Maybe you can come to an agreement for a while longer- at least until the end of your 'bonus return' option.

Nathan;

What kind of agreement do you have with the company? Unless you signed a contract that spelled out forfeiture conditions, they may not be able to get it from you. email me and let me know the details. Mass. has alot of laws that favor the employee in these situations and company avoid being dragged into arbitration in this state because the employee usually wins.

Let me know. I'll have our employment attorney look at it (big time expensive Boston law firm) look at it FOR FREE.

John C

Good luck, Nathan!

You never know what life throws your way. It sounds like you are making the best of things.

Enjoy your freedom and independence. Later in life, you might be tied down by a family, although that brings an entirely different set of pleasures. I can't put a price on my 5-month old daughter's smile when I wake her up in the morning and she sees me.

be thankful Clay......

I wouldn't say thankful....If I made more money I would have higher bills/nicer stuff. As it is I'm just about broke most of the time. Or at least not more than 30 days without a paycheck from broke anyway. So, I keep pretending to work while they keep pretending to pay me. Where is my damn secret decoder ring???????[:/]

My boss is like strange. "I will not accept your resignation." Maybe she will get it when she comes here two weeks from now and realizes I am not here anymore.:P

JRAF, Florida is nice. I asked a couple of professional jumpers where to go and they recommended DeLand and Sebastion. Only because their planes fly 7 days a week. They also said Perris but the more I think about it it would be a long ass drive. Looks like Orlando is my choice for now. I know, I know. Make a damn decision already. I am in the process of elimination.;)