quade

Toy review

Hi, Andi!

What a cool article! Seems like these "toys" face similar problems as the rest of us...streamers, accuracy, broken lines...

Um, is this the first time he's been, well, "published"? He owes you a case of (root)beer, methinks....;)

Ciels and Pinks-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

That is my son on the home page who wrote that article (with a little bit of my help).

How much is "a little" ? Tell Nick he did a fantastic job !

I'm jealous.....he writes better than I do, the toy parachutes he plays with actually WORK (mine never did), AND he has more tunnel-time than me ! :P

(and HIS mom is cuter than my mom...) ;)

Don

Oh, that is true about the tunnel time. Nick has about 8 minutes of tunnel time already I think. It's more of a lack of money, than a lack of willingness from him that makes him not have more.

All of the ideas for the article were his. I just helped him organize his thoughts and make complete sentences. The only bad part was he would only do it during commercial breaks for the Miami football game, so it took forever! :P

Michele, thanks for pointing out that he owes me (root) beer. I'm going to make the little twirp pay up for sure!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Great article Mama, tell your son that I said good job. I kind of like the idea of special assignments, a new twist on the ideas that we have. A kid telling us (read: the adults who think that they are still children) about things that we love. Mama, I would love to read his ideas and feelings about his tunnel time, it may be enlightening to us "experienced" skydivers. Just a thought.:)

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

Remember taking our parachute toys up for a jump from altitude last year? We let them go while we were under canopy (at around 1500'), tried to read the winds, and tried to get them to hit the accuracy circle!:)
We never found them again. Guess our wind reading and the drift of those light weight toys didn't match!:P

Would love to try it again! Got two more waiting for the launch sequence!

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

"I think they are fun toys to buy a kid who is under the age of 14."
And all skydivers of any age....i challenge you to find a skydiver that would not play with one of these for hours on end when given one :D lol...although you have to factor in that alot of us have the maturity of someone 14 years or younger :P:D

Tell Nick - "good job". People overlook the value of writing/grammar skills.
I encourage kids to develop the alg/trig/calc skills because they teach critical path thinking skills. However, the value of English lit/writing skills is often overlooked. Eventually they have to provide documents to others. You would be surprised the number of college-educated people who lose jobs because they cannot communicate.

Your son did a great job Skymama!! I'm impressed.. Now I HAVE to buy me some!!

Well now, good thing they didn't consult with me re. spotting for the toys!

That is the truth!

Does anyone still have the link to Skreamers video? the one where he attempts to spot? I crack up everytime I see that video...

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Does anyone still have the link to Skreamers video? the one where he attempts to spot? I crack up everytime I see that video...

I think I remember that one! Is it the one in which Skreamer spots, jumps out........then the other three guys on the plane wait a solid 2 MINUTES, then jump out ? :D:D

Don

Yea kinda.. it's where skreamer all of a sudden just JUMPS from the plane an everyone on the load is like "What the f*ck? where is he going" an he lands like 8 miles from the DZ...

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it would be neat if they talked, but my mom said that being skydivers they would probably say too many bad words.

------------------------------------------------------------

... but would the toy skydiver ask to see your boobs!? That would make it real. As a matter of fact, it would make the action figure a NORMAL dropzone.commer :D

Mama, I would love to read his ideas and feelings about his tunnel time, it may be enlightening to us "experienced" skydivers.

I told Nick about your request this morning, and he said sure he would write about what he thought of the tunnel. So, if HH wants something like that, we'll be happy to oblige.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Mama, I would love to read his ideas and feelings about his tunnel time, it may be enlightening to us "experienced" skydivers.

I told Nick about your request this morning, and he said sure he would write about what he thought of the tunnel. So, if HH wants something like that, we'll be happy to oblige.

With the risk of upsetting HH; please ... oh please! There are some who need to be reminded how much fun this sport really is.:)

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle