PhreeZone

Weekend Numbers

3:1:1

I spent the weekend in San Francisco with my girlfriend. I did manage to talk her into go to a DZ on Sunday. I was thinking Byron, but it was out of the way. Hollister, however, was on the way home. I knew it was going to be cool when I ran into Sebazz as I walked in the door. I only had the chance to do one jump, but it was great checking out a new place. Hollister seemed like a great DZ. I was really impressed by the fast-climbing and comfy King Air. It was pretty strange landing miles away from the airport, but I had a great time. I only wish I had the chance to jump more. I'll definitely be back next time I'm up north.

500 km driven in my 'new' Alfa156:4:0

Lousy wheather.. made four 5000ft fourway RW-jumps.. even made three points one jump B|

..did I mention I was jumping with three super-experienced really cool (for taking me along) jumpers? :)

Did 4 instructional jumps on saterday (formation skydive instrucion)
Was so stressed for the first jump that day, when I was under canopy I discovered that I had forgotten to put on my gogles..aahhhhh, that's why I had to squint my eyes to see anything freefall :)
After that first jump I was able to relax more, and everything went way easyer...
graduated for level 10 of the instrcutional program (is it called skydive-u in the US?) on the 4th jump (even though we only could get to 6.000 ft instead of 10.000..glad I made it)

So now I can jump with whomever I want to jump with and start learning some serious RW :)
I slept at the DZ, and started sunday with a solo jump. After a nice jump, I helped pack a few 1st time jumpers, and helped my nephew with a few things and watched him jump.

Then I thought I was ready for my first real RW jump, so I asked a few people if they wanted to jump with me.
Most wanted to, but where bussy with team-training.

Then Joanita sayd she wanted to jump with me...YEAH!! :)
We made a simple dive-plan, but then A friend came looking "wacha doing?...deflowering Jarno??...cool, I'm in!"

So all of a sudden instead of a 'simple' 2 way, I was gonna do a three way.

We planned an open accordeon exit, and then a transition to a star.

Then 2 more jumpers came in (they where on the same load) and sayd "cool...we'll dock on the star once it's there"
a 5 way!!?????
This was soo cool (and scary at the same time:)

They didn't want me to worry about tracking out of a 5 way on my first time, so I was to wave off and pull at 4.000 while they turned and tracked and opened at 3000/2500 ft..

The jump went incredible.
We went up at about 18:00, almost a sunset load..SO INCREDIBLE!!!
Looking around, holding hands with 4 other people (one went low and couldn't get back up in time, it was only a jump from 6.000 ft) a beautifull red sun in the back, clear blue skies...and a jump that went great! I can't believe how cool that was..

After that I watched a cool 9 way from the ground (jumped from our 2 cessna's flying in formation:)
Its so cool to see a formation 'explode' when they all turn and track...

I had an incredible weekend..!
Can't wait for coming saterday..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

1:0:1

1 x piercing - belly button - call me a baby but it was so sore I nearly kicked the guy in the teeth!

0 jumps - no plane >:(

1 - beer owed for getting pierced, and finally following through with the deal I made with the DZ chaps - when I got to first FF, I had to get my belly pierced...

Kerry

ONE jump made with a dz.commer(hohonukai) : 9 (including wednesday) : 0

Got to jump with hohonukai (I think that is how it is spelled)--did a sit, it was a lot of fun :) her and her husband are awesome and I am definately planning on going to hawaii to visit them. First dz.commer I have jumped with!

So wouldn't that actually be 1:9:1? Congrats on joining the short list of people who have jumped with Hoho...and lived. Did you see the banana sap stains on her jump suit? Don't listen to anything she says about the fence.;)

1 (Number of exits semi-funneled with national big way organizer on board): 7 : 0

Good news is I don't think she got my name. If she asks, tell her my name is Clay.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

1:1:1

first hop & pop out of a 206 Cessna (only have PC 6 at my DZ or Caravan) - no big deal, did a fun jump into a friend's back yard with a lot of cows watching us land. They were all lined up along the fence. Couldn't stop laughing while in final - it was a blast.

how high can you fly with broken wings ...
life's a journey not a destination

2(Days I didn't jump due to clouds :():2:1

Off Friday...weather sucked. Beer light on early. Saturday was beautiful out...until about 2 PM when I had to ride the plane down due to weather. Had to leave the DZ at 330 PM for some RW. Dad's birthday. It was clear and nice at 230 AM when I went to bed. Woke up to an 800Ft ceiling. Cloudy the entire day. Went to Applebee's in Griffin for a steak. Not bad but the bastards don't serve beer on Sundays. :( Hey....and there is supposed to be ANOTHER tropical storm here on Friday. >:( Oh....sign of the apocolypse for this weekend. At 282 jumps I decided it was high time I took my D license test. Faxed it off Sunday afternoon. I....am a MASTER PARACHUTIST....:D Scary ain't it. ;)

Hey Dumpster!!!

It was great getting the chance to meet all of you guys and gals out at Sky Knights!!!! I had a blast.

And yes I paid my beer debt for the first time jumping at Sky Knights...
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

4:6:0

Had awesome ff jumps that were organized by our gold metal winners from nationals! Watched the DZO actually make some jumps, that was cool! Raised $500 for JFTC on a rather slow weekend! So, it was a great weekend!

BooYa#1
GR#50
You might be a skydiver if... Your having sex and she whispers in your ear "I've never done this before" and you yell out "Case of Beer"

0:4:1

I had Sunday off, which was awesome, but it was kind of a slow day, load-wise. I had a blast anyway. We finished off a nice, laid-back day of jumping with some beer and guitar music(?). I hope all of y'all who get to spend all the time you want out at the DZ realize how lucky you are.

Beer is for my first hoop dive. The "least experienced" people went through the hoop last -- and we were the only ones who didn't snag it with our legs or rigs. Ha!
Skydiving is for cool people only