skreamer

Bridge Day tandem

Don't know if the link to Ted Strong's BASE tandem has been posted before, but it did rock my jaw. Part that really amazed me was that they did it in 1984 before the public could even do tandems!!! Being a tandem passenger on a BASE jump must be a serious head-fuck... :S

I'm amazed:)
J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Perrine bridge over the Snake river in Twin Falls, ID. Base jumping off this bridge is LEGAL, just check by phone with the Sheriffs Dept to let them know your out there so people calling in about suicides can be handled properly. Base, bungee and ect are legal in Idaho, Idaho has very open minded laws about allowing you to try to kill yourself, either through high risk sports or assisted suicide.

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

Base, bungee and ect are legal in Idaho

sort of.....there is no law against it.....BUT they also dont say that you CAN do it...there for trying to fend off lawsuits...seems if some of the bad seeds over there at the perine keep it up it will get outlawed there...

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

I just moved to the Midwest from Idaho. When I tell most people I'm here from Idaho, they say, "Oh, potatoes!" But when I got to Skydive Chicago and tell people I'm from Idaho, they say, "Oh, the bridge!"

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

[#003366]the wife says I can base the day after our divorce or our divorce will be the day after I base.

[/#003366]
Just like my girlfriend. I said something about BASE jumping, and she stated right away: "If you start BASE jumping, it's over!" I had not even said I were considdering BASE. However, she don't mind me skydiving. I still want to do BASE sometime, but first I want to do another 500-1000 skydives and also start paragliding. :)I don't want to do BASE knowing my girlfriend is sitting worried sick at home.[unsure]

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

[#003366]the wife says I can base the day after our divorce or our divorce will be the day after I base.

[/#003366]

Just like my girlfriend. I said something about BASE jumping, and she stated right away: "If you start BASE jumping, it's over!" I had not even said I were considdering BASE. However, she don't mind me skydiving. I still want to do BASE sometime, but first I want to do another 500-1000 skydives and also start paragliding. :)I don't want to do BASE knowing my girlfriend is sitting worried sick at home.[unsure]

glad I'm not in the only one, my fiance, won't let me talk about it in her company, much less contemplate doing it. Skydiving... sure, can I come? BASE....no.:P

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

Just like my girlfriend. I said something about BASE jumping, and she stated right away: "If you start BASE jumping, it's over!" I had not even said I were considdering BASE. I don't want to do BASE knowing my girlfriend is sitting worried sick at home.

My girlfriend said she would dump me if i started BASE - so i started BASE - and then she came back to me after awhile! - Dont let the b4stards grind you down!!

Dont ever let them stop you doing what you want to do - dont end up dying looking back saying "oh i wish I had" - if she wont let you be yourself - then let her go........ "3-2-1-Cya Babe"

My G/f sits at home worried when i go off and jump - but hey my minds on the jumping so i dont let it get to me!!!!!!B|

B Safe B Low

Michael

Theres always the trick a friend of mine did to his now ex-wife who wouldn't let him BASE. When asked where he was going, he stated "to the store for a pack of smokes". He came back 3 days later; after a few jumps at Bridge Day.:ph34r:

Huh?!? What cloud?!? Oh that!!! That's just Industrial Haze
Alex M.

When asked where he was going, he stated "to the store for a pack of smokes". He came back 3 days later; after a few jumps at Bridge Day.:ph34r:

"Honey...why are you taking your rig along to get smokes?"

"Ooh, just in case I get into a long line, so I can pack my chute to kill time...ehm..yea..."
*honest look on face*

On a serious note, it sounds cool, but doing it that way sounds real selfisch to me.
You wanna base..cool, but at least have the balls to let a person you (sorta) love(d?) know where you are (even if you might not want to tell what you're going to do)

When someone says he goes away for 5 minutes and doesn't come back for several hours it's a small personal hell you go through (no matter how much you hate someone)...let alone if someone goes missing for 3 days...not cool in my book..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

As far as I know only one tandem BASE jump has been done. Robin Heid told me that he was on the front.
To clarify:back in 1981 or 1982 the U.S.Army did the first tandem jumps.
In early 1983, Ted Strong and Bill Booth started test jumping tandems. By the end of the year, both companies started selling tandems.
At the 1984 Canadian Nationals, a few guys earned Vector tandem instructor ratings and I did my first tandem jumped strapped to the front of Rob Laidlaw.

***glad I'm not in the only one, my fiance, won't let me talk about it in her company, much less contemplate doing it. Skydiving... sure, can I come? BASE....no.:P

My boyfriend and I are both excited to jump objects. We're taking him to his first base jump tomorrow for his 100th jump!

First Class Citizen Twice Over

A story from another skydiving couple. He wanted to start BASE jumping. She wasn't so keen on the idea of him BASE jumping so she said that if he started BASE she would to!
He has not started BASE yet....:P

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I've been wanting to try base, but the wife says I can base the day after our divorce or our divorce will be the day after I base. And an unbroken family means to much to me so no base.

I didn't BASE for the longest time for this very reason. No that we're getting divorced I no longer have that problem.

Nice thing about it is that now whoever I wind up with, if that ever happens :P, will know up front so the relationship will at least be founded with that understanding. No BASE, no relationship. Pretty simple really. ;)

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

My boyfriend and I are both excited to jump objects. We're taking him to his first base jump tomorrow for his 100th jump!

And it was great!
find / -name jumpers -print; cat jumpers $USER > manifest; cd /dev/airplane; more altitude; make jump; cd /pub; more beer;