AirTime

What kind of car/truck should a sky diver drive?

This is cool. It's kind of like a "get our of jail free" card.

Oh, well let me clarify something then. The "cool skydiver" thing only works on whuffo chics. Us skydiving chics are on to ya, so you'll have to work at lot harder at impressing us! ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Oh, well let me clarify something then. The "cool skydiver" thing only works on whuffo chics. Us skydiving chics are on to ya, so you'll have to work at lot harder at impressing us!

And I'm back to sqaure one.

The Paranoids are after me! The Paranoids are after me!

My plan for my next vehicle is to get a lease-return Toyota. It'll be a couple of years old, well cared for (lease paranoia), and really cheap. Then I can drive it for the next 150,000 miles like I've done with my Tacoma.

Don't spend anywhere NEAR 20K. That's so many jump tickets.
Skydiving is for cool people only

Mustang GT......
Had a Jeep...Loved it, but with a rag top I couldn't lock it, so I had to pull all my gear in all the time, and worried when I would be out about it getting stolen.

Ron
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

There are several elements a skydiver's car must posess:
  1. Engine
  2. At least four wheels
  3. Transmission of some sort
  4. At least one seat for driving
  5. At least one seat for having sex on
  6. Large trunk for all the gear
  7. Rear windsheld for USPA membership sticker
  8. Rear bumper for Home DZ bumper sticker
  9. Place for a case of beer

Make. modell, year and color are irrelevant. It's your attitude that gets you babes!
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

I just got a 2002 Mazda Tribute and I love it. The back seats fold completely down for sleeping. Plenty of room for gear and extra crap. And with all the added options (heated leather seats, moonroof, upgraded stereo system, side impact airbags, tow package for my boat) I still paid under $26,000 for it. Pretty good for a new car with all the extras.

http://autos.msn.com/vip/newoverview.aspx?make=Mazda&model=Tribute&src=LeftNav&pos=Find

Rhonda

when you live in a Van down by the RIVER!farley>

Oh yeah, SNL at its best!;):D
I used to have a 2001 Durango, perfect 4wheel drive tent. I'm self employed w/no insurance and lost custody of it a few months after having knee surgery.No big deal, I'm over it. I'm driving a very ugly car now, but hey, it gets me to the DZ and back.;)
-

"How do you keep your feet on the ground when you know you were born to fly?"

I'm personally biased towards small cars, especially hatchbacks and wagons. I like cheap, functional, and efficient. I drive a Ford Focus ZX3 and love it. Living in Los Angeles, SUVs seem hilariously ill-suited to everyday driving. With that in mind, I'd recommend looking at the Focus (SVT, if you want peformance), the Mazda Protege5 (snazzy, stylish, and functional), the VW Golf/Jetta (superlative interior quality), the Mini Cooper (a Beemer for under $20K, get the S), or the Subaru WRX (the fastest way down a twisty road for under $50K). I've driven all of these cars other than the WRX and they all handle and perform well (the Mini especially so). All of them can be had for the mid-teens to mid-twenties. You wouldn't regret buying any of them.

Remember, the size of your car is inversely proportional to what's in your pants. Those SUVs are broadcasting inadequacy to everyone on the road. Think small!

Back when I was really into Mt. Biking, I knew more then a few people who had bikes that cols about $1500 and cars that cost them around$500. Good group of guys/mt. bikers, always had some crazy stories after hanging around with them/riding with them.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Um... What's a henweigh? (I'm a Yankee.)

...about 3 or 4 pounds:)
Dave

PS: Go HONDA! My 89 civic Si has no rust (get a clean one) after 160k miles, will still blow through 120 mph (yes, it's stock except for an air intake), corners like its on rails, and gets 45 mpg (translated about 35 US MPG). They'll pull a small tent trailer aver flat ground as if it's not there.

The tent trailer is part 2 of this question. Take a basic 6 x 8 ft. pop top and it folds out to a 6 sleeper with a sink, 2 burner stove, and a table. I'll never tent again...

Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

Historically I've always avoided putting bumper stickers on my vehicles. But now that I am a skydiver, I am going to outfit my '99 Jeep Wrangler with a few hopefully tasteful skydiving related stickers. I already have one on it which simply says "Skydive!" but I just put an order in for a freefly big way sticker as well as a swooper sticker. It should be cool once I get them and if I drive to Eloy at Christmas, y'all will see it then. :$

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

i drive an old beat up '86 Jeep Wrangler, helps when yuo have to go offroad looking for canopies and off landing jumpers:P

and it has 157,000 miles on it and no problems yet.

edited because I just read a post knocking jeeps

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle