jaaska

Have you ever served in armed forces?

I voted for "Yes I have completed my service (retired)" because we don't have conscript service in the US military anymore. I didn't actually retire. Just spent 10 years on active duty in the US Air Force. 3 or so as an aircraft mechanic and the next almost 7 years as a Forward Air Controller working with Army combat units of all shapes and sizes.

i'm with clay.. i did 5 years in the Army, but it was just time to move on to the world of godless contractors, so i still spend 80% of my work days out in the field with the soldiers.

Yep - almost five years in the Army with the last 3 at Fort Bragg. I'm staying until it isn't fun or until they piss me off and station me somewhere I can't get to a DZ. It's pretty bad when your assignment preference sheet is based on mileage to the nearest DZ.

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

I was in the Navy...a nuclear electrician, or so they tell me;)
They said that they would give me a five year paid vacation, so here I am!
(It is supposed to be four years, but I know a good deal when I see it, I think that I will take it easy and take another...see your taxes do something worthwhile after all!)

(Edit: Cuz i don't spell so good)

Yes, I did fulfill my active duty obligations. I am now a disabled vet from active duty and serving in the reserves. BE ALL YOU CAN BE IN THE [B]ARMY[/B].

Ohhh, you mean have I ever served IN the armed forces...not if I've ever *served* an armed forcesman.

Carrie you can serve this vet anytime;) like the pic:)

CSA #699 Muff #3804

I too "retired" after 4 years in the USAF. I hated it at the time, but now when I look back at those years, I realize it was really a ball.

Ditto! I did 6 1/2 years in the Air Force and hated it so bad that I burned my uniform when I got out. Now, almost 30 years later, I too realize what a hoot it was back then.

Brisco

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Still in the USAF, going on 17 years. Spent about half as an SP and the rest in Air Traffic Control. Been all over, seen lots of crazy shiat, met lots of cool people. As long as I'm having fun I'll hang out.B| Just sucks being 3 hours from a DZ!:(>:( For you guys who haven't been in long, keep in mind that a military career ain't for everyone, but even with all the crap we do and put up with, the civilian side has some crazy crap to dish out too. If and when you decide to punch-out, have a plan I've action. Weigh all the pros and cons, benefits, etc..... I've seen a lot of young troops get out with nothing to fall back on, no job lined up, nada. Before long they're back at Mom and Dads house calling the recruiter to see if they can get back in. I tossed the idea around of getting out several times, but here I still am, having a ball and doing stuff that our civilian friends never have the opportunity to do. And when it comes down to it, I love this shit. Being part of the most kick ass Air Force in the world.B| Ain't nothing like a flight of B-1's kicking it down the runway, afterburners rocking. Yeah baby, who's ya daddy!;)

Vance

A little over 6.5 years in the Army as an Intel Officer, most of it was at Ft. Stewart (24th ID/3rd ID), then 2 as a recruiter, and some other stuff... stayed 'til it was not fun any more.

Josh
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke