cyberskydive

A sad but rare bunch!

I have landed, but only because my dad is a pilot and taught me to fly. So I basically grew up in a plane. The bad part is because I used to sleep alot in the plane as a kid, it is easy for me to fall asleep on the way to altitude. The pilot has a bad habit of waiting for everyone to fall asleep then on jump run, open the window and yell "Door". You've never seen a bunch of hungover skydivers move so fast! :D
tee

Besides commercial flights, I've landed twice, once with a rig on and once without. Did a ride-along with our old pilot in the King Air and his goal was to make me sick. Didn't work though!! The other time we got to altitude and realized there was a nice little ice storm up there, I'm not a fan of jumping in ice storms.
Stacy
http://astro.temple.edu/~sweeks

I'm with ya on that one Pammi. :)Last weekend I was doing a two way with my sweetie and I forgot my full face (don't ask how) but we hit ice and on the way out I was looking at him all smiles in his Z1 and thought to myself...."you don't feel this at all do you". And sure enough, he didn't even realize there was ice! :D

I've landed in several different aircraft - Cessna 150s, 152s, 182s, 206s, 411s, Otters, L1011's and a 747. Various reasons - my honey is a private pilot (there's the 150's/152's). I used to do s/l jumpmastering and often there was no time to jump - I'd throw three out of the 182, land with the plane, pick up three more and go right back up. Some days I'd get three or four plane rides and only one jump. 206, 411 and Otter were due to weather and the big stuff was cuz it's faster than a car.
Of course I prefer NOT to land with the plane..... but sometimes it's the smarter choice.
pull and flare,
lisa

I love to travel too, like Carrie I have probably landed in a plane hundreds of times. I have been to lots of far away places and a lot of places here in the US too. I live so far from a DZ that if I can afford it I like to fly to Dallas or wherever I am going to jump. LOL I sit with my rig right there!!! I have only landed in a jump plane a couple of times, when I was just going along for a night flight over the city or something. I think I did that twice. I haven't had to ride the plane down b/c of weather yet...either Texans are crazy or I am just lucky, not sure which. I know a guy who has jumped in hail. Screw that!
That reminds me, we are heading into tornado season down here in "tornado alley" and my friend bwilling and I were joking about skydiving and tornadoes the other day! God that would suck!
Sis

The first plane I ever went up in was the C-180 I made my first jump out of. I had around 30 take offs with no landings, then I had to stay in the plane due to heavy cloud cover. Since then I've had 5 or 6 jump plane landings, and 5 commercial flight landings.
Mike D-23312
"It's such a shame to spend your time away like this...existing." JMH

I have no idea how many times I have landed. I pretty much grew up on commercial airlines. Lived overseas my whole life and was constantly traveling home to the states for summer, and to other locations for winter and spring break. Haven't had to land in a jump plane yet, though.

Landed twice with jump planes. One was in a Casa in the rain. Second time was a problem the pilot found at 2000 ft. Turned around and landed immediately.

I have left a one plane when 1 of 2 engines died suddenly. Left one plane that had a small electrical short and was slowly smoking.

Mr. Helpful note - If the plane is smoking, ask the pilot if he would like you to use the fire extinguisher. It may be a controllable situation if dealt with. It is unfair to leave the pilot in a burning plane. It really miffs them. Seriously, just take the time to ask. If you should leave, the pilot will let you know. You may save a 250K aircraft and gain the undying affection of the dz jump pilots. B|

As a former flight attendant I have taken off and landed thousands of times. Many of which I was still standing tryping to get everything put away before impact.

As a jumper I've made the trip down twice. Once when it got way to dark for a 20 jump wonder and once when weather and lack of altitude kep all but D license holders in.

I much prefer jumping to landing on ANY aircraft.

Oh, and yes, I am bored tonight.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.