skygod7777

creation or evolution, which do you believe

As far as to God, Allah, Jesus, the virgin Mary, Joseph, Buddha, Thor, Iemanja, and everything else is concerned? Those are manifestations. If God isn't a trickster, then why build up thought tricks to try to send his beloved creations to hell, simply because they lived kind lives outside of a particular framework?

God said beware of false prophets to test our faith. That is why. I think..

Rhino

And what do all the Hindus and Buddhists think? Do they think that Jesus is a false prophet?

This question is two sided. One is genuine interest, and the other is looking at Rhino's reasoning.
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

Buddah never claimed HIMSELF to be "THE WAY" or a "GOD".
>My brother is Buddist and I just learn that statement last Thanksgiving from him.

I always wondered myself, If we evolved from primates(Chimp is 98% same genetic code as Human) then WHY do primates still exhist?
THe "Missing Link" should be living well and out and about more than Chimps. FACT: Man has "discovered" and invented things but, never "created".
p.s. get this, I was tought evolution in Catholic School (4th grade to College) and no Prof. would attempt to answer that.

>I always wondered myself, If we evolved from primates(Chimp is
>98% same genetic code as Human) then WHY do primates still exhist?

The only reason we'd drive another species/subspecies to extinction is if they were competing for their niche. Chimpanzees (fruit eating arboreal creatures) did not compete for our niche (ground based hunter gatherers) and so were not driven to extinction. Neanderthals _were_ competing for our niche and so were driven to extinction (or their genotype was not perpetuated, which is the same thing.)

I always wondered myself, If we evolved from primates(Chimp is 98% same genetic code as Human) then WHY do primates still exhist?
THe "Missing Link" should be living well and out and about more than Chimps. FACT: Man has "discovered" and invented things but, never "created".
p.s. get this, I was tought evolution in Catholic School (4th grade to College) and no Prof. would attempt to answer that.

See here, the section titled "Evolution Among Lineages," or consult a college biology textbook, available at your local library.

After all, even the Catholic church eventually agreed that the earth wasn't the center of the universse.

And the Catholic church teaches evolution, too. From the preface to The New American Bible:

"Sometimes we must take a cue from science in determining how to interpret the bible. Most scientists now hold that humanity somehow evolved from more primitive life. This tells us that Genesis 1 is not intended to be a science lesson, but a poem on creation."
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

When I see a bug shaped like a leaf, I know Somebody created it. I dont think a bug would ever be smart enough to know that if he slowly turns green and makes like a leaf over thousands of years, he might not be eaten. There is a higher power and He has a sense of humor: Red Assed Monkeys, Laplanders, Elephant Seals, Sudsyfist, and Bellyfliers...

Mike

I dont think a bug would ever be smart enough to know that if he slowly turns green and makes like a leaf over thousands of years, he might not be eaten.

If evolution were a conscious process, I'd have a set of wings by now. Natural selection is not remotely interested in the survival of an individual--just the survival of a species.
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

When I see a bug shaped like a leaf, I know Somebody created it. I dont think a bug would ever be smart enough to know that if he slowly turns green and makes like a leaf over thousands of years, he might not be eaten. There is a higher power and He has a sense of humor: Red Assed Monkeys, Laplanders, Elephant Seals, Sudsyfist, and Bellyfliers...

Mike

It's not that the bug chose to turn green. It's that one bug was born greener than the rest. This bug remained undetected by the birds long enough to have baby bugs. Some of these were greener than he and some were less. The greenest bugs were not eaten by the birds and the others were. Thus, eventually, the whole race became naturally green because more green ones were reproducing than brown ones. The Birds keep looking for, and eating bugs mind you. So it only makes sense, that in a tree, on leaves, the bugs that resemble leaves, were concealed better than the ones that weren't..... And so on and so forth.

Other bugs didn't "chose" to hop on the band-wagon and get "green-leaf" makeovers (ha ha ha).

As far as red-assed primates and belly-flyers?.... I have no idea man. Your guess is as good as mine :D

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

By your definition above, no one can believe the bible since it even contradicts _itself_ in places. (How did Judas die, for example?)

Billvon, I'm interested in this question. I read that Judas hung himself. Is this contradicted somewhere?

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

>I read that Judas hung himself. Is this contradicted somewhere?

Yes, in Acts 1:16-18:

Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.

For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.

Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

-----------------------

Another one:

Luke 23:46 - And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

John 19:30 - When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

-----------------------

Here's a biggie in the old testament:

2 sam 24:1 - And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

1 chron 21:1 - And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

You would think that the authors of the bible wouldn't confuse satan and god.

---------------------------

Lots of old testament vs new testament contradictions too:

Exodus 21:12 - He that smiteth a man, so that he die, shall be surely put to death.

Romans 12:17 - Recompense to no man evil for evil.
Matthew 5:39 - But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

--------------------------

Ah, the benefits of a traditional catholic education. Most people I know don't see this as evidence that the bible is invalid, just that the people who wrote it made mistakes. It is a guide, not a lawbook or infallible document. We have to use our own judgement in deciding which parts of it apply to us, and which parts are valid.

No, it was already gone by the time I got to your car. But I was the one that stuck that "Jesus loves you; Everyone else thinks you're an asshole" bumper sticker to it! :D

My Aunt was a Nun and my Dad sent her a card that said that.:P
I believe God created science. Man discovers and invests from what is already here. Man is not a creator but, science is a tool(I learn that in Pre-Med)

See here, the section titled "Evolution Among Lineages," or consult a college biology textbook, available at your local library.

So in light of that info.... some groups of people on this planet are in fact "THE MISSING LINK".
Well, that explains the XYY and our Prison Populations.

read my previous post.
-yoshi

I read it. I just needed to approach the bench for my rebutle.
I am a person of strong faith and science. I too love talking about it. It's ashame I quit pre-Med but, working and school=My nerves can only take so much each week.
I Feel that A lot of "Special rules" in the Bible are Man made to control us. I argue that a lot at my church.
I think that Science can prove that we have a "Soul" and that there is an Other dimension that people think is "Heaven"/ after Life.
Science is only a tool to discover what already "IS".
I have never "Created" a life but, I have reproduced and have children, there is a big difference.
I glad there is or we'd be making ourself like Swiss Army Knives( In time for the Holidays too;))
-Grant