ladyskydiver

Do you prefer Canopy, freefall, or both?

ZeroG and I were discussing what we love most about skydiving - freefall, canopy, or both - and were curious as to what others thought. So....which do you love the most?
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

They both rock for sure!

I'm not even a swooper, but I got a standing ovation for a landing in Elsinore by a group of wuffos. I kinda looked around puzzled for a minute before I realized that they were clapping for me. It was cute.

x's and o's,

Hol :)
When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say?

I have to admit that I am erally digging flying my canopy. Seems that there is just a bit more time to take in the experience, and just enjoy the moment under canopy. I love to clear and pull from altitude, then just fly around! You know you've had an agressive canopy ride when you feel dizzy after landing ! But freefall is awesome, too ...!!

It has always been the canopy ride for me. For the most part, it still is.

That said, I've been on some really cool skydives recently. Bozo, Treetop, Tandmterry, man those people can fly. I have to admit the freefall part is getting more and more fun, but it's still about the canopy ride for me.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Nothing is better then watching a sunset in fast forward "time lapse" mode because it had almost set at ground level but still had a ways to go from altitude.. Luckily you can do this both form under canopy and in freefall... I have to say both I just can't choose.

That is the ONE thing that sucked about the convention... I would have been pulling at 12k all day if I could have gotten away with it..

You could have jumped with the CRW people!

The highest I pulled was like 3800 I think..

Damn, that was high! Most of my spots were long, and I was tracking back across the golf course most of the time, and I hummed it down more times than not. Most of those jumps there I had a 2000 wave off. Highest was on my C130 jump. Last out, first pass, formation load. They spotted the whole group nicely over the swoop pond. I pulled at 3,200. There was just over 50 people directly under me under canopy, all trying to find clean air in the spectator area. I grabbed my rear risers, floated over tent city, grabbed a nice smooth right front riser, planed out nicely in front of the tents, toe tapped a dead center on the cardboard X by our tents (don't know WHOs X, but we had been using it for accuracy all week), finished the swoop in about 30 feet, and settled on my toes for a perfect landing, to the applause of those still by the X in tent city. These are the same people who saw my crash and burn in the same spot on my previous jump. God I love that place! tic tic tic....the clock is counting down....
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1