dunesurfer

At least now I know what my canopy looks like from the ground

I spent saturday jumping at perris, and decided I would skip the last load and just head home. I dropped my rig off with the packer to do the last pack, and spent a few minutes chatting with Kimmer about the day. I went back to get my rig, and it is GONE! I ask the packer if he saw who picked up my talon2 And he says he diddn't see anyone grab it, but he is scrambling to get everyone on the last 3 planes. I am about to start freaking out now....if I lost my rig I am screwed:( I see one unclaimed rig in the pile that looks a little like mine, an older talon, t6 black with 6 diagonal stripes on the pin cover. My rig is a black talon2 t6, 3 diagonal stripes on the cover. I begin to hope somebody just made a mistake and grabbed the wrong one. The planes are up by this time, so I wait near the runway with Jack Gramley and LT diver for signs of my fruity spectre with the yellow center cell. The guy ended up jumping it, and luckily all went well, a safe jump. If he had done a handle check, he would have caught the mistake:his rig has a freefly handle, mine has a hacky. He was really embarrased by the error, and couldnt stop apologising for it. He even bought me a beer:)

had a teammate that happened too almost. i was being "rig bitch" for the day, gathering everyones rigs from the packers and bringing them to the team room. one guy had a plain black javelin. apparently so did someoen else, the rig was totally identical, except much smaller. he put it on and it felt funny, so he checked. good thing though, not sure how he woulda handled a stiletto 97 (or somethign like that) rather than his 150!!

not sure how he woulda handled a stiletto 97 (or somethign like that) rather than his 150!!

Ugh, that sounds scary. Maybe people should start putting some kind of name tags on their rigs? Like putting your name of the cutaway pillow.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

not sure how he woulda handled a stiletto 97 (or somethign like that) rather than his 150!!

Ugh, that sounds scary. Maybe people should start putting some kind of name tags on their rigs? Like putting your name of the cutaway pillow.

I don't think that is really neccesarry, I have seen a few rigs out there that look like mine, but if you pay attention and the minute you realize that you are rushing things, slow down and take a breath, I think that everyone will realize if it is or isn't there rig. Pay attention, complacency kills;)

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

Reminds me of when I were a student. All the student rigs had the same container, only with different colours for different sizes. Most of the mains where yellow and after a couple of jumps I got used to looking up at that yellow canopy.

Then on my fifth jump or so, I look up and there is a blue and white canopy :o:o:o.
Same type of canopy (only with microlines).
Definetly a fun experience, altough I got a little nervous at first :D

Glad you got beer :)

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

A guy from our dz had exactly the same thing happen, only he was able to catch the guy and trade back before the plane took off. Good thing, too. They guy I know flies a napkin, and the rig that looked a little like his had a 170 in it. Perpetrator of rig grab was horrified.

BMcD...

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com

My first rig was a Dolphin (I know, I know, save the taunts, it was mocked up SO MUCH to make it FF safe and was WAY TOO BIG for me but I got rid of it soon after and obtained my fantastic Javelin NJ;))...there was a team practicing on the DZ who jumped all Dolphins. Somehow, when they packed up to leave the DZ to head back North, they grabbed my Dolphin with theirs and were already on the road. Luckily, when someone found out about my missing rig, they called one of the members cells to have them do a rig check, and sure enough, there was an unclaimed Dolphin in their trunk. Luckily they weren't far, about 10 minutes, and brought it back.

I alwasy say that I have no fears, but I was SCARED SHITLESS when I thought my rig was gone. WHEW!:P

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Hmmm sorta had the same thing happen to me... Grabbed a friend´s rig by mistake once. Hers is one size smaller but has similar colors. It had a Tri120 instead of my Spectre150. I only noticed when I went to fasten the cheststrap:

?? Now who put a hair elastic thingy on my... my... Oh.

:S

Whoops.

:$:$:$

ciel bleu,
Saskia

That happened to me one day! I picked up my rig,started to put it on and walking to the airplane i looked down and noticed that i did't have a white harness,mine was black!! Walking back in the guy that owned it was laughing,just think you where fixing to jump a 109 Crossfire without knowing,at that time i had about 100 jumps and was on a 169 safire!!That would of made a very scary landing or crash! As everybody says SLOW DOWN!B|