akaGQ

What was the most unique or memorable jump you made in 2002?

Well it was on 30.12.2002
It was a 3-way. The other two exited in sit i exited in HD below them (according to horizon). When we were falling straight down. I went to sit, and docked to one of them. Geeked at camera till 4000 feet
The weather was perfect, some clouds at 2000 feet so i found myself a hole in the cloud to go through in spirals. And great landing at the end. in on word "Perfect jump". well actually those are two words ;)

"George just lucky i guess!"

Most weren't from airplanes...and it's hard to decide since there were so many firsts. (bought the beer already)

1) First to open a building near here.
2) Found my way up and off a Large antenna(a few times)
3) First Cliff in Moab. (then several more)
4) So far I'm the only one off a 300 foot high Construction Crane in downtown xxx
....... Back to Skydiving.....
5) Jumped 6 times with my old GF who came back to visit after living in another country for a year. KICKED some serious ass to fly with her!! (she's on her way back to that country right now)
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

my beer jump 8-13-02 was great, but my b-day jump with 6 friends & family doing tandems rocked. My godfather, his daughter and I all share the same birthday 09-19. So we got together and jumped to celebrate. It was an off day at the DZ so the pilot and everybody else came in... (thanks guys) I've got about 40 min of mini-dv from that day. (thanks to MX and Adam)
I'll do it this year myself, lets just see how many people I can get to come along with me.
matt

I can only narrow it down to two....

1. Beer hybrid that actually worked....Canopycudler and I on our bellies with Skymedic hanging underneath us....we nailed it right out of the door of the porter!

2. My first (beer) kiss pass.....jump #193...with the guy that is now my boyfriend....love ya, Marc!!!

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

Friday the 13th, September 2002 was my 16th wedding anniversary. Hooked my wife up tandem with Connie, her husband Vic flew video, I hung from the strut, and all of us dropped out of the Cessna and I got my first freefall kiss from my Mrs. a couple thousand feet later.

I can't pick just one...so...here ya go....

1) My last jump at Skydive Indiana with 4 of the guys that had helped to train/coach me from day 1.

2) C 130 jump at WFFC. First of all, it was too fun being in that plane with so many Rodriguez Brothers! But what it made it so commemorative was that it was a 4-way w/3 good friends. Kiss passes shared by all (my first with Paula) and we all laughed in the entire time!

3) Genie jump outta the Bell 412! Great video....if silly person would ever actually send it to me
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

There has to be two best jumps of the year:

1st is my first freefall in January in LakeWales, talk about total sensory overload!!!

2nd is a 13-way in September in Empuri, such a buzz having that many other people in the air (I know it's not a 300-way but was great for me).

Nick
Gravity- It's not just a good idea, it's the LAW!

I've had so many awesome jumps. A few of the good ones.

My 500th jump on 12/31/02 while in Eloy. A bunch of dz.commers were on it. Most of it blew apart upon exit, but 4 of us managed to make a hybrid out of it.

Over Memorial day weekend at SGC, i jumped with Spy38w and gave him his first kiss pass.

Doing a head down reverse rodeo with Clay in Rantoul.

A 2way jump i did with a friend. This person had been involved in a freefall collision where the other person died. When my friend was ready to make his first jump since the incident, he asked me to jump with him. I was honored.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I can't choose just one.....

#300 a beach jump with the guy who was my TM on my very first jump

The DC3 Cross country jump in Eloy...cool

My balloon jump in Eloy with HH, Cornholio and Ben....you guys ROCKB|

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

There are a few that are very very memorable, like a tandem I was riding bitch on, where the drogue went through my legs and over a foot...or the one where I had my PC stuck under the flap handle as I climbed out of the plane, or the couple times I piled/plowed in due to stupidity, or my first banner jump...all in all, it was a good year. I went form 85 jumps to 330 jumps, from an A to a D and from a flunky to a monkey, well, no I'm still a flunky, damn.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I can't limit it to just one....

1) 131 way womens world record
2) 132 way California and Perris overall record and US women's record

I'm with you Lisa, can't limit it to just one.
Being on the Women's is at the top of my list.
Being on the first World Record Cancer Surviors jump in Texas has to come in second.
Third place would have to be doing the 120 way attempts for the Texas state record. I was one of the last out of the left trail Otter:)
BTW, you left me off your list of Dropzone.com people you have met[:/]

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I guess I got 3....

1)Taking my G/F for her first jump (Tandem) wow, it's diferent when it's someone you know well!

2)4th of July Demo - almost 10,000 spectators and I'm jumping a foot mounted FreeFly tube!

3)Holiday boogie in eloy - 22nd diver on a 38 way - OUT OF THE DC-3!!! (Always wanted to do this, just like the old dogs)
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.