prepheckt

Anti-war ad...opinions please

Hey all, has anyone seen that anti-war ad put out by MoveOn.org? If you haven't here's the link..
http://www.moveon.org/

What do you all think, do you agree or disagreewith this ad?

This ad was originally run during the Johnson-Goldwater campaign (Johnson used it to show the public that Goldwater would lead them to a nuclear holocaust)

Pre
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

>I think it's right on point. There's no need to do anything in the
> Middle East right now. We should just wait around until they nuke us
> like the ad says.

Right! They have no nukes, and we have UN inspectors there to make sure they don't, so we need a war RIGHT NOW in case they develop them in 10 years. North Korea, on the other hand, has nukes, is building more, is developing ICBM's, and has stated publically they want to destroy us. So we can just chat with them. After all, Saddam is a really bad guy, and he made our president's dad mad!

Absolutely no need at all! The experts all agree everything is fine! I'm sure Saddam honestly forgot about those eleven chemical warheads he had lying around, that are in "excellent condition", according to the UN inspectors. (as reported by CNN)

"Warheads? What warheads? Oh, THOSE warheads! There just, ahh, souvineers! Yeah! That's the ticket! They were for my wife, Morgan Fairchild! (whom I've seen naked---) That's it!"

Easy Does It

Those war heads might have been declared in the document that was handed over... And we know that they had WMD at one point, allthe UN is tasked to do is prevent future manufactor or possession of WMD. They were allowed to declare any known weapons.

Besides... can the US account for every weapon thats in its inventory like we are expecting other countries to do?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

To those who would protest (and whom I find myself in agreement with, at least wrt Iraq):

Protest all you want; just don't let me catch you burning my flag, for I will perceive that as hate speech, and will act accordingly. >:(

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Saddam invaded a neighboring country killing many innocent people and caused one of the worst manmade ecoligical disaster. The agreement, (so the US lead coalition did not destroy Saddam and the rest of his regium, after he lost the Gulf War) was He destroy all the chem, Bio and Nucular weapons and means to manufactur them. The UN inspector do not have to prove he has them. SADDAM must prove that he has complied. He ran the UN inspectors off years ago while they were standing hip deep in Chemical warheads. The Gulf war is not over until he has proved that he has complied with the pull out agreement. PS by being hard nosed about this it discourages other terrorists

Don't run out of altitude and experience at the same time...

>The Gulf war is not over until he has proved that he has complied
> with the pull out agreement.

I agree, although the only 'proof' we will accept is the report of the inspectors. They must be allowed to do their jobs and report back. If he doesn't comply, we go back to the UN, get a resolution and go back in with coalition forces to make sure he has no WMD's. We said we would do that; we should keep our word.

UH...HELLO? Has everyone forgotten that we're talking about the SAME Saddam that used gas on his own people as well as scores of Iranians during the war? If you honestly think that there is no threat I suggest you try clicking your heels three times because your not living in the real world.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Hey all, has anyone seen that anti-war ad put out by MoveOn.org? If you haven't here's the link..
http://www.moveon.org/

What do you all think, do you agree or disagreewith this ad?

This ad was originally run during the Johnson-Goldwater campaign (Johnson used it to show the public that Goldwater would lead them to a nuclear holocaust)

Pre

I couldn't review the ad from work, so instead I checked out "MoveOn"...take a look at their most recent activities and who funds them, as well as where these funds are administered from. The site is blurry from all the spin...geez...
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

The Gulf war is not over until he has proved that he has complied with the pull out agreement

Maybe he hasn't cause all we said was "I have to go home"???
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Uh- from what I dig from the media they weren't declared- (I take everthing I see on TV and hear on the radio with a pound of salt-) Please note that Washington isn't saying crap- Now if that doesn't send up a flag-- And the troops continue to deploy--

Also- From my experience in the Gulf War- (Been there, done that, got the t-shirt-) What you see and hear broadcast on our business and government controlled media doesn't come close to even half of what is really going on- It's probably worse than any of us could think. Sad but true. The media lies to us all, every day.

Easy Does It

This reminds me anybody happen to watch the American Music Awards this week?? Sheryl Crowe and her nice "War is Not the Answer" t-shirt??? Can anyone say Hanoi-Jane??? Let's sit back n watch her career spiral.

kwak
Sometimes your the bug, sometimes your the windshield. Sometimes your the hammer sometimes your the nail. Question is Hun, Do you wanna get hammered or do you wanna get nailed?????

What you see and hear broadcast on our business and government controlled media doesn't come close to even half of what is really going on- It's probably worse than any of us could think. Sad but true. The media lies to us all, every day

GOD, you don't know how good it is to hear someone say that. Then again you've walked down that road and know the deal. It kills me everytime I click on a thread and see another media induced frenzy, the GPS issues is a good example. I find it hard to believe that people still think Saddam isn't doing anything wrong. Then I have to remind myself that I'm on the inside listening to what the people on the outside think is going on or are lead to believe is going on by the media. 99% of the time it is comical the way the general public is spun up by competing NEWS stations. Your right, it's worse than anyone could imagine or pretty close to being that way. What is sad is the head way that is being made that the general public is never made aware of for obvious reasons or the media decides not to cover. Only in time will the whole story be known, kind of like the info that came out about the Cuban missle crisis well after the fact.

The media is evil incarnate and usually only correct 1/4 of the time. If you doubt it just think of all the skydiving accidents and how the media portrays them. Now remove the word skydiving and insert any other word and that will give you an idea of how accurate they are.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING